• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Chelsea OMT***

On my way home and I’m still really not sure what to make of it all. Before their 3rd it felt like a draw was there for us to take. It took us being down to 9 men before they really got a hold on the game and even then we fought and fought. A mixture of our own making and bad luck with injuries but the scoreline flatters Chelsea way beyond what they deserve.
Definitely some naievety on our part as well as some wrecklessness. I need to watch on tv but did Sterling dive before Romero’s red card incident?
Vicario is beyond words. Kept us in that for ages. Dier and PEH, so often the subject of criticism and wrath defended amazingly. And Porro and Royal.
Mickey’s injury is very worrying, especially coupled with Romero’s suspension.
Ange has to earn his living now.

But it was a heroic performance and I cannot imagine a scenario over the past few years where we lose 4-1 and the fans stay back to applaud the players.
More papering over the cracks for Chelsea but a lot of promise from our players and hopefully the response they got from the crowd will have picked them up ready to go again at the weekend.

can anyone point me to the articles talking about how well this YOUNG Spurs team did in terms of hanging in with 9 men. I'm sure there will be lots of coverage of that.

"Spurs’s red cards were for Cristian Romero and Destiny Udogie while they also lost the influential Micky van de Ven and James Maddison to muscle pulls. Yet they fought until the end, showing the personality that has characterised Postecoglou’s reign. It would earn them the gratitude of their fans, who rose to acclaim them and almost something more tangible."

Seriously there are some trolls in here.

Comparing anges results to ardiles? Ok compare them. After 11 games. Show us the results.

The teams we've played so far this season, are somehow worse than they were last season? Because...

If you don't think you are troll. Then maybe have a moment of introspection and rethink why you support this club. (Not saying you shouldn't, just thst it might not be bringing you joy).

Haha you’re with very drunk or on the wind up. Fair play Sir…

very very drunk, made a point of getting Australian Shiraz tonight, normally drink Argentinian Malbec

fat lot of fudging good that did

back to the proper stuff for the next game

I stand by it, tonight was our first league game this season where we were not hugely superior to the opposition, but we would have been had we not played stupid

Chelsea won't finish top half

On my way home and I’m still really not sure what to make of it all. Before their 3rd it felt like a draw was there for us to take. It took us being down to 9 men before they really got a hold on the game and even then we fought and fought. A mixture of our own making and bad luck with injuries but the scoreline flatters Chelsea way beyond what they deserve.
Definitely some naievety on our part as well as some wrecklessness. I need to watch on tv but did Sterling dive before Romero’s red card incident?
Vicario is beyond words. Kept us in that for ages. Dier and PEH, so often the subject of criticism and wrath defended amazingly. And Porro and Royal.
Mickey’s injury is very worrying, especially coupled with Romero’s suspension.
Ange has to earn his living now.

But it was a heroic performance and I cannot imagine a scenario over the past few years where we lose 4-1 and the fans stay back to applaud the players.
More papering over the cracks for Chelsea but a lot of promise from our players and hopefully the response they got from the crowd will have picked them up ready to go again at the weekend.
Yea it was a clear dive by Sterling for the eventual penalty incident. He also dived vs Porro as well. Both were just as bad as what Bissouma got a second yellow for v Luton. If we’re going down that route…

Both ours were reds though, to be clear.

Comparing anges results to ardiles? Ok compare them. After 11 games. Show us the results.

The teams we've played so far this season, are somehow worse than they were last season? Because...

If you don't think you are troll. Then maybe have a moment of introspection and rethink why you support this club. (Not saying you shouldn't, just thst it might not be bringing you joy).

joy? its football

Ardilles had a much better squad than Ange, Ossie was a fudging idiot

the PL is a lot weaker than it was last season, look at the table, look at the results, the performances

Except for the 30 mins we could see it was only a matter of time before they scored.
We were down to 9. No matter how we played, we’d likely have lost.

I actually thought at 1-1 that you’d just never know. Maybe we’d nick one and the roof would come off the place. At 2-1, I still thought we’d have a chance of a draw.

The tactics didn’t cost us. It was all on the red cards which comes down to discipline. That’s where you can maybe look at the manager because there have been a couple of signs this season that we’re a little suspect on that score.

Nonsense. This is what really causes problems on a forum.
1. Ardiles football was great before key injuries set in, e.g. Teddy Sheringham and one of our defenders (i think Mabutt IIRC)
2. Once those injuries came Ardiles showed he couldn't adjust our tactics to being more pragmatic
3. We have just played a very average Chelsea side who have been on a loooong decline - check how many league games the've won in the last 18 months. We have given them that win on a plate due to naivety and some recklessness.
4. If we lose like this on the weekend away to Wolves will you be a similarly gushing?

Just understand that for the praise we can give for having a go, we can also critique what went wrong without having to be labelled as 'trolls' FFS!

Is there less points in the table this season? Did kane going to munich mean the prem is not as strong. Ffs.

no, but City selling/releasing/whatever Gundogan and De Bruyne not being available, arse returning to the mean, dippers backing off the dope, united still being managed by ETH, the quality has gone down massively

Back