• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Chelsea OMT***

that would be a better result than we got tonight

I’m heavily inebriated and thinking out loud, I’m very very disappointed with the outcome of an event, over which I had no actual influence, and externalising my emotions.

The jokes are the funny ones (if you didn’t get them, you can spot them by the multiple likes), the others are the cries for help/self therapy that such situations land all of us thusly afflicted in.
I appreciate your honesty.

Makes sense to be disappointed with the result, we all no doubt will be. But the performance might be worth a rewatch when you're sober, apart from the individual bits of madness which cost us there's a lot to be positive about (coming from me who usually gets pretty tinkled off at happy clapper glass always half full types).

The fact that a team that lost 4 - 1 at home still deservedly got a standing ovation speaks volumes of how nuts the game was. Fair play to the crowd throughout, the bond has to go both ways not just supporting when we're winning so that's awesome to see.

I'd rather us play like this than conte ball.

If we keep losing in games like this you'll quickly change our tune. Poch got sacked ultimately for it. We are in the 'honeymoon period' atm so can sort of accept this but if such naivity keeps being shown i'm sure you'll feel no different to when Poch kept missing out on cups, Ardiles kept 'playing well' and getting pumped.

Remember all this without the certainty of Kane's goals as well!

The crowd reraction at the end was indeed incredible as you say @spurspinter1

I hope to GHod it's followed up with some more pragmatism otherwise what looks like high-bravery turns very quickly to looking like naivity/lacking a plan B...the feelgood that Postecoglou has built up cannot go wasted!

If we keep losing in games like this you'll quickly change our tune. Poch got sacked ultimately for it. We are in the 'honeymoon period' atm so can sort of accept this but if such naivity keeps being shown i'm sure you'll feel no different to when Poch kept missing out on cups, Ardiles kept 'playing well' and getting pumped.

This is miles away from Ardiles style.

I'm all in on this, it's attacking and structured, 9 men doesn't help the cause, that's the issue, not the style

No
But if it’s Dier and Philips next game… it is what it is
I’m fine with that
We didn’t lose today because of Dier
We lost because we had 9 men and that wasn’t tactics. That was stupidity and naivety

Bingo. And that naivety was also on the manager. I hope it's a one-off!

Towards the end, Poch’s team played nothing like this. I’d say for the last 18 months or so, we were a mediocre side, a handful of performances aside.

Ange has been pretty much universally lauded on here for his style of play when we were winning. He has my admiration for sticking to it in those circumstances. The next few games will be very very tough without Romero, VdV and potentially Maddison. I’ll stay 100% behind Ange if we keep playing like that.

My bad, forgot we won everything under conte. But lose loads of games under ange.

Yep we are totally naive now.

I appreciate your honesty.

Makes sense to be disappointed with the result, we all no doubt will be. But the performance might be worth a rewatch when you're sober, apart from the individual bits of madness which cost us there's a lot to be positive about (coming from me who usually gets pretty tinkled off at happy clapper glass always half full types).

The fact that a team that lost 4 - 1 at home still deservedly got a standing ovation speaks volumes of how nuts the game was. Fair play to the crowd throughout, the bond has to go both ways not just supporting when we're winning so that's awesome to see.

The performance was poor, should have been an easy 3 points against a very weak side, low on confidence, managed by a guy who doesn't know what to do with the messy squad he has.

The reaction of the crowd suggests to me a misread of the overall situation, and an emotive grasping at straws, not to mention an ignorance of the laws of the game. Both red cards were fully justified, in fact, both players could have been sent off twice.

Tonight was an incredible bottling by us, with huge knock on effects, that will take some time to recover from.

It didn't have to be this way.

Towards the end, Poch’s team played nothing like this. I’d say for the last 18 months or so, we were a mediocre side, a handful of performances aside.

Ange has been pretty much universally lauded on here for his style of play when we were winning. He has my admiration for sticking to it in those circumstances. The next few games will be very very tough without Romero, VdV and potentially Maddison. I’ll stay 100% behind Ange if we keep playing like that.

or in a way that mitigates the forced changes

The performance was poor, should have been an easy 3 points against a very weak side, low on confidence, managed by a guy who doesn't know what to do with the messy squad he has.

The reaction of the crowd suggests to me a misread of the overall situation, and an emotive grasping at straws, not to mention an ignorance of the laws of the game. Both red cards were fully justified, in fact, both players could have been sent off twice.

Tonight was an incredible bottling by us, with huge knock on effects, that will take some time to recover from.

It didn't have to be this way.
Yes we should have won as 11 v 11. So are you discounting 10 men from 33 minutes and then 9 from 55? Given that, we played with grit, determination and spirit.

It was closer to being 6 or 7-1 to being 2-2.
Chelsea had more and better chances than us.
Are you counting offsides as chances??? Are you kidding me? Why the fudge do you thing we played like that? Ange knew they would get traped offside… damn some of the supporters here is way over bed time..

Reactions: DTA
My bad, forgot we won everything under conte. But lose loads of games under ange.

Yep we are totally naive now.

Can you not even see that it can be viewed that continuing to play the high line without our fastest defenders and with a man or two less than the opposition can be seen as naive?

When does bravery turn into naivety and vice-versa?

Attacking wise i like our methods. I worry that today shows we are not as street-smart as we'd need to be though....remember that was a mediocre Chelsea side...

Back