• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Chelsea OMT***

They got the same out of that game as we got last night. Nothing.

I detest Chelsea and hate losing to them. When it happens, I'm usually insufferable for the week. But, as disappointed as I was with the result last night, I came out of that stadium proud of our club, proud of our fans, proud of our players (the ones who stayed on the pitch) and proud of our manager. Look at Deki's post above - you can bet the players all feel that.

I wouldn't have done what Ange did last night. It was crazy, kamikaze stuff. But it was brave. And it's generated a feeling around our club that is very hard to do when you get beat. The fans left that stadium last night feeling closer to the squad than when they walked in. I'm not sure I'd risk that for the very miniscule chance of a point if we camped in our own box.

Audere est Facere - it finally feels real again.
That's very well put. I was on the fence. Proud but wondering. Etc.

Listening to bent on TS though..I do feel he is right. But how often will we be down to 9. Not that often I hope..

Even the two Arsenal fans at work today expressed their admiration for our approach. They genuinely like Ange. (To be fair, they’re usually pretty reasonable for Gooners.)

I can't help but to think that we were unlucky not to have Udogie sent off for that first tackle. If he had, chances are we would have been forced to control our heads a bit more earlier, and Cuti would not have been sent off.

That being said, I'm proud of how we performed yesterday. In just about every aspect of the game. As soon as the second red card was issued the game was more or less a foregone conclusion, but we still went at it, and we still very nearly nicked it. Also, to see the fire, the passion, the desire and pride of the players was immense. I'm certain that Postecoglou will have more positive lessions learned about his players (fringe players in particular) than Pochettino had about his.

After the start we've had, it is almost impossible to keep focused on the fact that we're 11 games into a rebuild/transitional season. Yet we're _that_ good already.

It is going to be extremely interesting to see what we do for our next three games now. Big Ange must work his magic and keep us afloat, first untill Romero and Udogie are back from suspension, then untill Van der Ven can return (or the window can bring us a cover).

But seriously, anyone who would have traded yesterdays valiant and glorious loss for a "Mourinho Masterclass" scraping a point, or even a Conte 1-0 win must have a very dull life indeed.

I’ve no idea what Bent said, but I know for certain it’s not right.
Basically said city, scum or Liverpool would have scored 8..

Yeah it's bent. Pinch of salt and BS flowing. But hints of truth.

Be meet me reiterate.. I'm proud of what we did..I want us to carry on like that. Just think 9 with our starting defence over 9 with a makeshift back four and a high line was very very very bold.

Just hope we don't go down to 9 too often..

Basically said city, scum or Liverpool would have scored 8..

Yeah it's bent. Pinch of salt and BS flowing. But hints of truth.

Be meet me reiterate.. I'm proud of what we did..I want us to carry on like that. Just think 9 with our starting defence over 9 with a makeshift back four and a high line was very very very bold.

Just hope we don't go down to 9 too often..
What a genius piece of insight from D Bent. Worth every penny he's paid.

That's very well put. I was on the fence. Proud but wondering. Etc.

Listening to bent on TS though..I do feel he is right. But how often will we be down to 9. Not that often I hope..
What did Bent say?

I think it’s fair to wonder and criticism of Ange is legitimate. It was a mad way to play if your sole goal is to get a point. I know that sounds a bit pretentious and borderline stupid but it seems for Ange that the philosophy is the most important thing and he’s not sacrificing that for what would be a low chance of a point anyway.

I wouldn’t have done it, I think it’s bonkers but I absolutely love him for it.

What did Bent say?

I think it’s fair to wonder and criticism of Ange is legitimate. It was a mad way to play if your sole goal is to get a point. I know that sounds a bit pretentious and borderline stupid but it seems for Ange that the philosophy is the most important thing and he’s not sacrificing that for what would be a low chance of a point anyway.

I wouldn’t have done it, I think it’s bonkers but I absolutely love him for it.
I bet he compared this to us playing a good side
The difference of course is there is not guarantees we lose these players vs a good side
The game could and would be different

Now that the dust has settled, it's all brick because it was against Chelsea .... we should have battered them, and it was a great opportunity ... no way they get even a point had Romero not been so rash.

We were our own worst enemy and its worse due to thr injury and suspension situation.

Let's get it right, we were bound to lose at some point but the players put in an almighty effort despite the scoreline.

We move on and I hope Ange is not a one dimensional manager because at times it was borderline crazy.

Had that been Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project .... we would have been battered

Another idiot who's playing football in hypothetical land. It wasn't Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal or Liverpool. We didn't concede 8.

He was quick to shoot down a caller that said if that Son goal counted it could've been different or if we had of scored near the end with Dier or Bentancur and Son etc and said " you didn't though"... then in the next sentence he says the high line was stupid and we should have lost 7 or 8 lol.

He was quick to shoot down a caller that said if that Son goal counted it could've been different or if we had of scored near the end with Dier or Bentancur and Son etc and said " you didn't though"... then in the next sentence he says the high line was stupid and we should have lost 7 or 8 lol.
yeah I was not agreeing with Bent. Far from it. But also he was kind of right that chelski sucked at breaking it down for such a long time

No one mentioned that Mudryk committed 600 fouls and it wasn’t until his 601st foul that he actually got booked?

I'm new , but glad to be here..
I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to feel about last night ?
I'm angry to loose 4-1 to that lot, I hate loosing to them. Also was irritated at the way we just kept going after them with only 9 on the pitch, it was inevitable they would score eventually, but then there's big ange...
Who I love to listen to and cannot believe how he has us playing, so I really don't want to say a bad word about the man....
But still think what he did was a bit naive, but also brave !! Strange set of feelings to be honest.

ne
Disagree, for the first 15-20 minutes they were one of the worse sides I've seen us play at home this season, they were completely disorganized and rattled. Even vs. 11, their tactic was long ball to runner (which while makes sense with our disadvantage and high line, they should have been able to pass/play around us and force us back)

With 11 v 11, it could have been a thumping for them.

A lot of moments to learn from.
I am about to watch it again...something weird happened after Sonny's disallowed goal and their pen. I am going to see if someone put the wind-up on Romero, or if he went off-piste with the charge of the crowd. Destiny's challenge for the yellow was a touch paper. I wonder why the ref was so open for 20 mins, 20 which saw Maddison get some terrible treatment.

yeah I am not disagreeing. When we did it v Luton. all good. only one man down and with VDV.

I think last night possibly should have been an exception to his thinking. We not only lost two players. But 3/4 of our starting defence and the two with pace. And we had no cover on the bench. But I am not going to get all upset about it and I think, in general I'm down with what he decided. Just I a part of me thinks this was a total clusterF**k of a game.

if we had lost lets say, Biss and Kulu. And down to 9. But with our starting Defence. Then sure. But with Romero, VDV and Udogie off the pitch. we played with fire. Im just discussing it. Not saying we should have.

I think a lot of people are missing a wider point. This is a manager who is teaching on the cycle, and this is a squad learning on the go. Ange now knows he can trust them, and he also knows where adjustments might need to happen.

I think it was wonderful he did the high line still, regardless. We had to play. And we had to know what we could, or couldn't, do in such circumstances.

We'll have learnt a lot more about ourselves last night than Chelski did. Remember how many times it was nearly 2-2 before the 93rd minute.

Back