• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Besiktas OMT ***

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
spurs%20badge.png
VS
besiktas.jpg

Flickr-user---Gai-Jorayev---White-Hart-Lane.png

Thursday 2 October
8.05 pm

We need to rest a few for Southampton I suppose.

Vorm
Dier - Fazio - Chiriches - Davies
Stambouli - Dembele
Lennon - Paulinho - Eriksen
Adebayor

Bentaleb on standby for one of the CM spots. Could also go for Kane - Soldado up front, but I'd rather they played at the weekend.

We need more creativity and playing both Lennon and Townsend won't solve that.

[video=youtube;dMEuXCTeyN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMEuXCTeyN4[/video]

It's almost 8 years since we went to Istanbul and won 2-0 thanks to Ghaly and Berbatov. Under the previous format you played each team in your group once, meaning this will be their first visit to WHL.

Besiktas qualified for the Europa League group stage by knocking out Feyenoord 5-2 on aggregate, then losing 0-1 to Arsenal in the Champions League qualifying.

At the Death Star they lined up something like this:

Zengin (C)
Koybasi - Franco - Gulum - de Moraes Motta
Hutchinson - Ozyakup - Kavlak
Pektemek - Ba - Sahan

^ that looks like a good side to me, the new additions of fazio and stambouli are a welcome addition adding more steel through the spine.

kane and townsend for precision, lenno and townsend for speed.

we'll beat them 3-0.

Need to take this game seriously. They gave the scum a real scare. Ba and Hutchinson were their best players

2-0 to them, They are no mugs and our forwards give the ball away far too easily and apart from Kane there's not a goal in them.

--------------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------------

Naughton--------------------Dier-------------Fazio---------------------Davies

-------------------------------Stambouli--Benteleb-----------------------------

-------Lennon-------------------------Mason-----------------------Townsend--

----------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------------

--------------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------------

Dier--------------------Chiriches-------------Fazio---------------------Davies

-------Townsend--------------------Paulinho-----------------------Kane--

---------------------------------------Soldado-----------------------------------

Bench: Friedel, Veljkovic, Dembele, Lennon + 3 kids

I'd rather keep all 11 from Arsenal rested and ready to go again for Southampton.

Main tactical thing - I'd bring Kane in for Lennon to give us a bit more intelligence in the AM trio to help Soldado.

Vorm
Dier - Fazio - Chiriches- Davies
Stambouli - Dembele
Lennon - Kane - Townsend
Soldado​

1-0

Think Paulinho and Bentaleb have to play. One of Soldado and Kane. If Dembele is not fit that will solve the problem. Or play Dembele on the wing.

Naughton--------------------Dier-------------Fazio---------------------Davies

-------Lennon-------------------------Mason-----------------------Townsend--

----------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------------

I don't see much sense in moving Mason around at this stage of his career.

Dier--------------------Chiriches-------------Fazio---------------------Davies

-------Townsend--------------------Paulinho-----------------------Kane--

---------------------------------------Soldado-----------------------------------

Bench: Friedel, Veljkovic, Dembele, Lennon + 3 kids

I'd rather keep all 11 from Arsenal rested and ready to go again for Southampton.

Main tactical thing - I'd bring Kane in for Lennon to give us a bit more intelligence in the AM trio to help Soldado.

Something like this for me too, not sure Townsend and Lennon will work out at this point. Although possibly Lennon for Townsend.

Resting players for Southampton is one point, another is to give games to players that we might soon need. Rose went off with his injury and Ade keeps underperforming. Soldado/Kane and Davies could be called on for Southampton.

I totally disagree with the mass squad rotation and think it will harm our prospects in both competitions. Personally I'd pick largely the same team for both games with any players selected on Thursday told that if they play well they will keep their place for Sunday.

Although easier with a home-home schedule what do you do with the players you're resting? They cant have a serious training session on their own and means that you dont start properly preparing for the So'ton game until Saturday morning whilst Koeman will be able to start his prep tomorrow which is 5 days earlier. I'd give Kaboul a rest as physically he may not be up to 3 games in 8 days and with Ade out of sorts I'd give Soldado a start with a view to starting Sunday with a goal.

The likes of Chiriches, Paulinho and Dembele who have come in and not made a significant impact should be kept back.

My team for Thursday (Sunday): Lloris, Naughton, Fazio (Kaboul), Vertonghen, Rose, Capoue, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Soldado SUBS: Vorm, Dier, Davies (Fazio), Dembele, Lennon, Townsend, Kane (Ade),

---------------------Vorm-------------------------

Dier---------Fazio---------Chiriches------Davies

Lennon-----Stambouli-----Dembele-----Townsend

-------------Soldado--------Kane--------------------

Play to our wingers strengths. 4-4-2

---------------------Vorm-------------------------

Dier---------Fazio---------Chiriches------Davies

Lennon-----Stambouli-----Dembele-----Townsend

-------------Soldado--------Kane--------------------

Play to our wingers strengths. 4-4-2

I think it would be a mistake to change the system when we are still learning to play the system. Wait till we've learnt Pochball before we start experimenting.

I think it would be a mistake to change the system when we are still learning to play the system. Wait till we've learnt Pochball before we start experimenting.

A good manager makes use of his teams strengths. Lennon and Townsend are just not suited to being inverted wingers for me. I'm still certain we can cause problems in a 4-4-2 though. Especially at the Lane. (F*ck, I'm thinking like Sherwood)

you mean to his natural position?

I think that whilst he is getting used to playing in the first team we should play him in the same position to make the transition easier. I'd be quite happy to see him play further forward on Thursday if that is where Poch intends to use him in the next few months.

Agree with the comments that Lennon and Townsend can't play together.

Would personally play lamella instead of Lennon. A goal at the lane might help his confidence.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

This will NOT be easy! We saw how, even though Besiktas were seriously lacking in technique, they still pushed the scum all the way in their CL qualifier. In fact, had Ba not fluffed the easy header at the end, they'd be through and we'd nit hear any **** about Wenger and his consecutive years of playing in the CL group stage yadda yadda yadda.

We need to try and get on the front foot ASAP and put them under pressure; I don't they like it up 'em...

No doubt they'll have quite vocal local support as well!! Galatasaray will have played the day before at the death star (I wonder what the Police think about that...) and they may be pumped up to emulate whatever result they get in that one.

So this will be a tough game to get through. I'd play as strong a team as possible and rest one or two who seemed dead on their feet in the second half on Saturday.

Vorm

Naughton Fazio Chiriches Davies

Stambouli Dembele

Lamela Kane Lennon

Soldado

Last edited:
Back