• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast Big Club ***

Just saw a clip of Conte’s post-match interview. Very calm and measured. Difficult to play 2 games in 48 hours for all teams, our decision-making wasn’t great at times. He refused to blame the ref or VAR, they’re doing best to get it right.

Just saw a clip of Conte’s post-match interview. Very calm and measured. Difficult to play 2 games in 48 hours for all teams, our decision-making wasn’t great at times. He refused to blame the ref or VAR, they’re doing best to get it right.
He is right
There not intentionally brick or bad
The tech can be made better or at least the interpretation logic

The offside does make me wonder, if VAR had been a thing, how many important goals in the past would have been ruled out for offside. Would have been lots. That's one of those everyone would have said "he's at least level there, good goal" and moved on without an ounce of dispute or controversy.

The offside does make me wonder, if VAR had been a thing, how many important goals in the past would have been ruled out for offside. Would have been lots. That's one of those everyone would have said "he's at least level there, good goal" and moved on without an ounce of dispute or controversy.
Absolutely.
Instead I have to take stick from my Saints mates about us not being able to deal with their game plan and needing to work on playing against an offside trap.

Agree but VAR is here, for better or worse. Offsides are offsides. There will always be marginal cases, and we were on the wrong end of a very tight one today, but we'll also be on the right side of some.

At least offsides are black and white. The more galling is where subjective decisions like fouls are still wrong. However, after the first year of teething problems, VAR solves more than it gets wrong

Agree but VAR is here, for better or worse. Offsides are offsides. There will always be marginal cases, and we were on the wrong end of a very tight one today, but we'll also be on the right side of some.

At least offsides are black and white. The more galling is where subjective decisions like fouls are still wrong. However, after the first year of teething problems, VAR solves more than it gets wrong
Agree and VAR in general has been generous to us. The Son goal vs Palace was very marginal, you win some you lose some…..

Ward Prowse wonder strike aside I thought we were the better side even before Salicu's sending off. Thought the 2 Harry's had decent games and we were unlucky with the decisions. Son had one of those bad days. But I'm not sure we could have done much more today given the short turnaround between games and its effect on our fitness.

Btw KWP is looking like a player, wonder if we will regret letting him go.

Last edited:
Ward Prowse wonder strike aside I thought we were the better side even before Salicu's sending off. Thought the 2 Harry's had decent games and we were unlucky with the decisions. Son had one of those bad days. But I'm not sure we could have done much more today.

Btw KWP is looking like a player, wonder if we will regret letting him go.
He always plays well against us but then gets moved onto the left now to accommodate livramento

I think we panicked today, things went against us and we weren't composed enough.
Several times in the first half we had passes half a yard too quick that would have sent us through on goal.
They scored with their only real shot on goal.
The ref let the crowd get to him.
For me it loooked like we thought it was going to be one of those days, and it was.

It looked like fatigue.

you can tell when the CBs look fresher than the rest of the team.

Was very disappointed with Dele - thought a scrappy game like this and fresh legs would be perfect for him.

Robbed AGAIN! Why do we keep putting up with this brick. I'm sure we are seen as a soft touch.

All on MOTD agreed there was no foul on Forster. Once again we have been robbed.

We've had three red cards for opponents in as many games.

We've had our fair share of decisions go our way. The offside is what it is, it's the same for everyone. The Doherty/Forster thing usually gets given as a free kick and VAR won't overturn many of those.

This wasn't on the ref or VAR. It was on our inability to create more and take our chances against 10 men. Too many players had off days or average performances, too many players injured, fatigue from two games in 48 hours.

Yeah, we could have gotten away with it. Got a correct, but from their perspective utterly stupid penalty and red card. Handed that opportunity, failed to take it.

We've had three red cards for opponents in as many games.

We've had our fair share of decisions go our way. The offside is what it is, it's the same for everyone. The Doherty/Forster thing usually gets given as a free kick and VAR won't overturn many of those.

This wasn't on the ref or VAR. It was on our inability to create more and take our chances against 10 men. Too many players had off days or average performances, too many players injured, fatigue from two games in 48 hours.

Yeah, we could have gotten away with it. Got a correct, but from their perspective utterly stupid penalty and red card. Handed that opportunity, failed to take it.
3 valid red cards! That’s not luck or the ref doing us a favor, it’s the rules.

Valid offside by the current interpretation of the rules.

There have been situations where we've had the luck of decisions on our side. Most clearly the Kane red that wasn't.

Where would we have been with 10 men against Liverpool and a 3 match suspension for Kane over Christmas?
Valid point on Kane, they’ve been given as reds before (although I don’t think it was as bad as was being made out, think the sky, then Klopp, then media, furore has affected people’s views on this one, it wasn’t a stonewall red by any stretch)

I don’t think the offside was valid at all, I think those lines are very dodgy! Even then, if you accept the way and frame timing of how they’ve been drawn, that is not supposed to be offside under the new rules this season is it? Supposed to be thicker lines, etc.

the Forster own goal was 50/50 for me, I’m not as tinkled off about that, clearly not a foul but they tend to get given as fouls more often than not.

Valid point on Kane, they’ve been given as reds before (although I don’t think it was as bad as was being made out, think the sky, then Klopp, then media, furore has affected people’s views on this one, it wasn’t a stonewall red by any stretch)

I don’t think the offside was valid at all, I think those lines are very dodgy! Even then, if you accept the way and frame timing of how they’ve been drawn, that is not supposed to be offside under the new rules this season is it? Supposed to be thicker lines, etc.

the Forster own goal was 50/50 for me, I’m not as tinkled off about that, clearly not a foul but they tend to get given as fouls more often than not.

Kane is a red for me. There's just no way around it. Thought so from the first replay, way before Sky, Klopp and all that noise.

Don't know about the offside and any changes. Seems like there haven't been changes. Frustrating, but it is what it is.

Forster one. I think they get given as free kicks more often than not. Doherty touches the arms of the goalkeeper first I think, goes in with his back and body into the arms of the goalie. Perhaps shouldn't be a free kick, that can be discussed, but they usually get given I think.

For me, if the attacker doesn't get to the ball first, but gets to the arms of the goalkeeper first that's not so different to a player getting the ball, but first the legs of the opponent. Impedes the goalkeeper getting to the ball, free kick. But I know that's a discussion.

We just weren't quite good enough. We got the break from a silly tackle from Salisu, but couldn't make it count.

The point is, we have had many offside marginal calls go for us this season. Check through these match threads, loads of times on replays posters go ‘oo that could be offside’ followed by ‘that was close’ when a goal is given. You don’t see anyone analysing the lines and how thick they are then do you, it’s just accepted. This time it’s gone against us, it happens - time to move on…..

Last edited:
I agree with the view that we failed to capitalise in a good opportunity. Quite simply, we aren’t good enough to be able to afford several players having an off-day.

On a separate note, I think we can pretty much guarantee that the next ‘tight’ offside decision will go in favour of the attackers. Quite likely the next challenge between a player and goalkeeper will also go in favour of the outfield player. The way the authorities are running VAR is so laughably reactive.

For the record, both those ‘goals’ should have stood for me. They looked good in real-time, none of the players complained and there was nothing on VAR to suggest definitely ruling either out.

Back