• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco OMT ***

Agreed, he is trying to impress but is achieving the opposite. Kids, eh?
Funnily enough Onomah at 18 is playing in a far more mature way. Understandably as he doesn't want to over do it, but Bentaleb seems a bit too roostery. He is a great player, I'm one of his biggest fans but don't know why he is so keen on these tricks when it's slippery. Constantly wants to roll his foot on the ball in dodgy areas. In the PL that will get punished for sure

Agreed, he is trying to impress but is achieving the opposite. Kids, eh?

I'd like to think that if it was 0-0 when he came on rather than 3-0 he wouldn't be doing all the show-boating. Still, to have that some of player in back-up is great

Our second 11 mid and forward line:

------------Bentaleb---------Mason-----------

--Pritchard----------Son-------------Chadli

-----------------------Njie-------------------

Carroll and Onomah not even in the second 11! (nor Townsend, but he's as good as gone)

A decent performance, a very good score line and some very good performances from a handful of players there. Not a bad night.

That was great from us, made the game a breeze after about 35 minutes. Some good attacking play, big guns given a rest. Spot on.

@diego_maradona @Papercut he scored against Monaco in the pre-season cup

He also scored a penalty against Stoke in a shoot out in a League Cup game.
Thanks Milo. (Guess you meant to write Milan). He's a good player! If Dier, Bentaleb, Dembele, Alli, Mason got injured, he'd do a fine job! Seriously I really like how he is always available, can really use it too

That was great from us, made the game a breeze after about 35 minutes. Some good attacking play, big guns given a rest. Spot on.
Yes, although we were fortunate they won the ball at 5 or more corners but didn't get a decent whack on target. We hardly won an aerial challenge from their corners it seemed, worryingly.

Another great performance by us! Ok, so we let them get a few easy headers from corners, but apart from that, pretty much flawless, in my opinion. The effort put in by our lads is just something to be proud of. It's what every fan dream of. You can lose games like this and still be proud, because your team gave 100%. From a fan's perspective, the effort and energy put into the games now is something you've always been wanting/dreaming of.

Onomah! How good is he? Damn. Consider me impressed. 18 years old. And so closed to getting a goal on his full debut!

Also thought Clinton did really well today. Worked his socks off. His first touch weren't always great, but excellent effort, and his speed is a dangerous weapon for us.

And Lamela, of course. First senior hat trick! Congrats. The way he takes that third goal shows some confidence. Glad to see it. :)

Thanks Milo. (Guess you meant to write Milan). He's a good player! If Dier, Bentaleb, Dembele, Alli, Mason got injured, he'd do a fine job! Seriously I really like how he is always available, can really use it too

Yeah, I meant Milan.

Carroll is decent cover, albeit, quite far down the list. Him being able to play as one of the three behind the striker probably counts in his favour too. He probably does not have a long term future with us but well worth keeping around until Winks (or someone else) is ready to step up.

Yes, although we were fortunate they won the ball at 5 or more corners but didn't get a decent whack on target. We hardly won an aerial challenge from their corners it seemed, worryingly.

I'm sure Poch has made a note of that and we'll tighten it up (hope so anyway!)

Good performance.Its probably harder for the defenders than the attackers to play every 2 weeks and be cohesive.I would imagine we would rotate the defence less in the knockout stages.
Will Tom Carroll be happy just to be a bit player.He would probably be a starter at about 10 other PL clubs.

Back