• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City*** OMT

Fully agree.

We haven't been great recently, sure. We were excellent against Leicester though. We escaped the clutches of defeat very late on, but we were behind despite being clearly the better team. That happens.

I love Kane shooting from range, from strange angles. He still finds the pass most of the time if a good pass is on. But Kane taking a lot of shots and speculative shots that's a good sign for me.

Chelsea will be very tough, but if this performance doesn't give you hope I don't know what will

Yesterday, in an attacking sense we were excellent. To have scored three and have been very close to scoring three more with two off the line, and one against the bar. My point about needing to improve was mostly about other recent matches, and generally needing to step it up.

Plus, we were still behind even if we deserved more. We have to create chances, which we did, but we also need to be taking them.

Kane was wasteful with chances. He scored one but could have scored a hat trick. Maybe Conte is encouraging Kane to shoot whenever he can. I would prefer Kane took the right shots, if a better opportunity can be made by playing the pass then that’s what he needs to be doing.

I was only checking in from time-to-time, saw it was 2-1 and thought fk it like a lot of peeps and didn't bother checking back till the end of the evening. Oh my days!

By the time today ends I will have worn out the reply button on fullmatches, and again Lloris is one speedy bugger and gets to the celebrations of the third in next to no time.
This is up there with Amsterdam, maybe has more meaning because it's these tacos - so so happy, good day today :D

I didn't cheer Kane's goal as from the TV angle I couldn't see the defender, thought it was offside and expected var to rule it out...

I just had a mild fist pump when Bergwiyn scored the equaliser as I was still disappointed that we didn't get all three points..

When the third goal went in, and despite being 61 years old, I went f...ing mad.. Jumping up and down, kicking furniture and screaming at Leicester players with words that begin with the letters W and C... So much so that my throat still feels a bit sore this morning..

I mentioned yesterday on the Bergwiyn thread that he needs to play with a smile on his face with a bit of Brian Clough style management... We might just see that now...

Come on you beautiful, wondrous and mighty Spurs.
This is a fantastic post

I'd imagine the Stalteri 4-3 versus the Pikeys was unbelievable too if you were lucky enough to be there. Sort of reinforces your point.

I was just going to mention the 3-2 against them in 2016. 2 goals in 2 minutes, but with the winner being a penalty it didn't have quite the same impact as a goal out of nowhere.

Had to go an have a gander at the foxes forum to see their bitter tears. This one keeps me chuckling lolol

"Still absolutely reeling. My neighbour's a Spurs supporter, his signal was slower so I could hear him screaming 30 seconds after seeing the goals go in on my TV. Really rubbed it in."

This makes me a clam but that is absolutely glorious. Put a massive smile on my face this morning.

I've had many good times away at Leicester but last night tops the lot. Was absolute pandemonium in there even just at the last gasp equaliser.... We hadn't actually stopped celebrating that when suddenly Bergwijn was through one on one. I have literally zero voice this morning (which is awkward as I've got a 90 minute investor update this afternoon).

We got what we deserved last night eventually, we were better than Leicester all over. Looks to me as though Conte has really been working with the team on its shape. It was noticeable that Davies and Tanganga were making sprints to get into the inside channels as soon as we won the ball. There were also moments when Sanchez would join the attack and one of the other back three and Hojbjerg would fill in. It was nice to see a Spurs team that fluid, though Leicester's zero press helped that a lot.

The other thing that was really noticeable was how closely Bergwijn played to Kane. I thought Conte's comments about Bergy being a second striker were a bit strange but having seen his cameo last night I now know why I'm in finance and Conte is an elite manager. Bergwijn's mixture of explosive pace, good touch and upper body strength make him a very good partner for a centre forward like Kane.

It seemed to take an age for his 2-3 shot to cross the line.... That whole run happened in slow motion for me in the stands, I was still convinced it was going to hit the post and come back out even after it had clearly gone in. I somehow ended up 2 rows forward from my seat after that goal and have no recollection of how I actually got there. What an end to a night where we played some very good football indeed. Let's hope that those 2 minutes are the ones that end up having secured us CL football come the end of the season!

Had to go an have a gander at the foxes forum to see their bitter tears. This one keeps me chuckling lolol

"Still absolutely reeling. My neighbour's a Spurs supporter, his signal was slower so I could hear him screaming 30 seconds after seeing the goals go in on my TV. Really rubbed it in."

The board I found has a thread about a Spurs fan who found their way into the home end, and got a kicking for it apparently: https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127722-spurs-fan-in-l1/

It seemed to take an age for his 2-3 shot to cross the line.... That whole run happened in slow motion for me in the stands, I was still convinced it was going to hit the post and come back out even after it had clearly gone in.

Same here. Even picturing it this morning, after having watched endless replays of it, I still see it trickling towards the far post and being sure it would rebound out.
Brilliant moment. No better way to silence those clappers and that bloody drum.

In some ways even if we’d lost I had taken some comfort we’d gone from a team that could barley muster a shot against relegation fodder at home to one that outplayed a top half side, away from home missing several first teamers. A team as someone else had mentioned in the thread at the time was greater than the sum of its individual parts, which to be honest is almost the inverse of what Spurs teams have been about.
If we’d nicked this result after being dominated, whilst the euphoria of such a mugging is palpable it is a short term high that cannot be maintained. Last night we got evidence that the system is working and players who have been written off under previous managers (I think I’ve probably called for at least half that team to be sold or upgraded and I count myself in the more patient half of our fan base!) showed that they can contribute. Maybe because of their roles being defined, the tactics are not solely t absorb pressure and how for a front player to produce on the break or maybe because they are being drilled better.
There’s still a way to go and bigger challenges await, we were comprehensively outplayed by Chelsea but it just feels a long while since we really created as much as we did last night.
But the way we won will also help the belief that we aren’t predestined to be sexy.

Same here. Even picturing it this morning, after having watched endless replays of it, I still see it trickling towards the far post and being sure it would rebound out.
Brilliant moment. No better way to silence those clappers and that bloody drum.
Also rather delicious was that the Leicester fans were singing 'Tottenham get battered everywhere they go' just as Hojbjerg put that brilliant ball into Doherty (who I thought was absolutely fantastic last night by the way, took up such good positions for the entire time he was on).

Also rather delicious was that the Leicester fans were singing 'Tottenham get battered everywhere they go' just as Hojbjerg put that brilliant ball into Doherty (who I thought was absolutely fantastic last night by the way, took up such good positions for the entire time he was on).

I havent seen Hojberg mention much, thought he had a good game last night

Goal saving tackle at 2-1, ball into Doherty, started the move for third

Back