• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project *** OMT

fudgeing hell that was amazing and @Papercut you can give me whatever Avatar you like. I don't even care. So happy.

And I watched at home and celebrated all the goals like a maniac.

POCH DONT CARE ABOUT NLD
ANCELOTTI IN
HE ROTATED
CARLING CUP BLAH BLAH FEKIN BLAH

THIS IS THE LEAGUE BABY
WE BEAT THE BIG COYS
POCH FEKIN KNOWS

COYFSSSSSS!!!!!

And this is the future. The one where we have 25 hungry and able players. I rarely feel a sense of 'vindication' and don't especially like to call it, but after some of the absolute bollox I read in the last 48 hours, I can only hope that people are prepared to see that this manager knows what he is doing, has a plan, is executing a plan and that the entire club is running in the same direction for the first time in at least two decades. There will be some disappointments this season, it's a young side growing. But the growth is strong and the future, if people have the patience to see it, is bright!

Wonderful performance which showed everything from grit, determination and balls to hang in first-half to sublime penetration in the second. Clinton's turn? Sensational.

I see a lot of City fans complain that they lost partially due to refereeing decisions, with the offside goals we scored - are they forgetting De Bruyne was in an offside position as well? We scored two legit goals, afterall. I know two wrongs doesn't make a right, but seems like a silly thing to complain about seeing as it went both ways today.

I see a lot of City fans complain that they lost partially due to refereeing decisions, with the offside goals we scored - are they forgetting De Bruyne was in an offside position as well? We scored two legit goals, afterall. I know two wrongs doesn't make a right, but seems like a silly thing to complain about seeing as it went both ways today.

We did have two offside goals to their one.

Understandable tbf, I'd be livid if we conceded two goals which shouldn't have stood - key goals too, the one which brought us level and the one which put us two in front

We put 4 goals past a side that had only conceded two in their first six games and they both came in their last game.

Understandable tbf, I'd be livid if we conceded two goals which shouldn't have stood - key goals too, the one which brought us level and the one which put us two in front

I think today's game was probably (sadly) a further feather for those pushing for offside technology. This game, and these players, were so fast that officials were caught out on all sides. Personally, I had little issue with De Bruyne's offside goal as the call was really tight, ditto ours. I might well be singing a different tune hd we lost, but I think again, these sorts of mistakes are forgivable, it's the obvious ones that are not.

I think today's game was probably (sadly) a further feather for those pushing for offside technology. This game, and these players, were so fast that officials were caught out on all sides. Personally, I had little issue with De Bruyne's offside goal as the call was really tight, ditto ours. I might well be singing a different tune hd we lost, but I think again, these sorts of mistakes are forgivable, it's the obvious ones that are not.

Oh, I agree with that.

"Key goals" - aren't all goals key somehow? Unless you're trailing by four or more, most goals could be said to be key. Their opening goal could've been a key goal, depending on how the game would've unfolded. I'm not really arguing against them being mad at getting two offside goals against them - but it seems a bit silly to say that's the reason you lost, especially when your only goal was also an offside goal, and the opposition had two legit goals.

I'm all for offside technology being introduced by the way. I think it's high time, and have argued for it for years now - surely the technology is there too. It works well for ice-hockey (and have for years), for instance, there's no reason to not get it in football.

Surprised by Dele Alli's defensive stats

fFmoODn.png

I don't understand what those graphics show tbh

The Xg formula involves looking at shots by each team, and each shot is given a score depending on where and how many players around etc.. Overall the team with the better Xg tends to win matches but more than that it gives a real good indication of who had the better chances and should have scored more.

Thank u spurs ! I was so drunk last night i brought 4 - 1 $50 payout was 1 to 115 ! I woke up and saw the score ! Thank u for putting extra cash . Someone slap me. I must be still dreaming ! Lol

Give Poch a lifetime contract. He has truly worked magic with this squad. Emirates Marketing Project's midfield absolutely bossed by a centre half and a 19 year old leadue one player. This is the best I've seen tottenham. We were perhaps better going forward under harry. But nowhere near as good defensively.

Wow.

That looked like our first team. I feel a little bad for the players that weren't in it (bentaleb, rose etc) but I think that team had the right balance to do well.

Dier and Alli are starting to look like the real deal. It's not just about pure ability; I rate bentaleb highly and I appreciate what Mason brings to the team. But Dier and Alli play as if they've been playing the game for years.
When Alli got booked he took an age to let the referee card him, just as City were looking to take a quick free-kick. It could just be petulance but it seemed like an experienced way of slowing down the play.
He's our most level-headed player. He understands what he's meant to do and what he is capable of in the majority of situations. He can (and needs to) improve his distribution into wide areas but he brings a calm, rational approach to our defence and attack.

Dier has been a revelation. Pochettino explained his decision to play him in midfield by saying "we need to give opportunities to him to play" - I understand it now. I think he's becoming an understated leader of this side. He's committed and brave; he plays for the team rather than himself; he relishes a physical battle; he plays as if conceding goals is unacceptable . It still doesn't feel like a permanent change but I'd be extremely disappointed to see him out of the side in any capacity.
Having a leader in midfield that is on the same page as the defence is invaluable, it's the kind of thing that Arsenal fans bleat on about.

Aldereiweld and Vertonghen are the first proper partnership we've had for a while. Combined with Dier and Lloris, they seem to communicate well and try to deal with things as efficiently as possible. I appreciate that they'll have games and moments where it doesn't go to plan but I feel less anxious about our defence as each game passes. Having three players in the centre that have one titles seems to have helped.
Davies was great today. He's Ben criticised for lacking pace and attacking intent but that helps to knit our defence together. He doesn't work against teams with solid defences when he's paired with Chadli but Son is direct and invent enough to mitigate his deficiencies.

Son, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane is a good unit. It's the combination that best carries out the pressing game, and it's got enough of the key ingredients to see us compete: agility, trickery, creativity, goal-threat. It's the kind of attack that bigger clubs look at and think "we need to really be on our game against them".
Lamela still lacks decisiveness at times but he's improving no end. He's starting to look like he understands the plan. He could do with better attacking support from the full-back (though I'm unconvinced by Trippier's defensive skills) but I was impressed by his discipline today, in defensive and attack. If his recent goal-scoring form continues he could be a key player for us.

More days like today are needed, though difficult for a young team to sustain. Kane summed it up well in his post match interview - the energy is what binds and defines them, but it's a long season and moods/fitness levels understandably drop at times. Things feel like they're coming together now though, it feels like Pochettino's team.

I might watch the game again as I feel like I've gone a bit overboard on some things, but I'm ecstatic at the moment! Onwards and upwards. COYS

But they had zero legit goals.

You can't say our offside goal is a key one that brought us level when we shouldn't have been behind in the first place; de Bruyne's shouldn't have counted.

They have no grounds for complaint regarding the result.

All things being equal we won 2-0.

Back