• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace****

Heung Min my arse. His name is Cyril !.

Nice one Cyril. Nice one Son !.
Nice one Cyril. Let's have another Won !.

Lamela doing more, but narky when the ball is not set up just for him.

More points for us courtesy of Hugo.

Defence generally more effective, but a way to go yet.

Chadli wants to spend more time waiting for golden pass, would do better pushing himself and ball quicker when he's in position near the line.

Hey, it's only Palace (above us still), but is Poch starting to trust our bods to go forward rather than just occupy space, and/or hold ball ?

PS - 'Cyril' Son ….. my favourite Spurs player !

Last edited:
I always follow this for OMG ..because no TV..
when I logged on at 3.45ish I was sure we'd lost or had a draw..
so relieved....
I still definitely think we need Pritchard in the squad..Hes a must!
if hes in maybe are season wont turn out too bad.

How did nije..Play..?

Great game by us today, I thought. Dier was immense! What a beast he was. MOM for me, no question about it. Very impressed. Alli's passing is a bit sloppy at times, and he might be a bit over eager at times too, but he's strengthening our central mid no end when he's playing like today. Great movement all the way through the match, creates so much space for everyone around him by just moving around cleverly. We need to continue to play him there. Lamela also had a good game today, I thought.

And Son! Yes. Lively lovely player. So nice to see such a quick offensive player again for Spurs. Great ball control. I'm just waiting for him to hammer in his first long ranger for us. Great save by Lloris on the shot that he tipped to the post. Defensively we look stronger than in ages. Even Walker played well defensively today.

All around good performances by everyone. I really hope Kane gets his goal sooner rather than later though, but I'm not exactly worried. Great to see Eriksen back on the pitch too! Immediate impact. Have missed the little Dane. :)

Quick question, who won the ball on the edge of our box and passed it forward to set up the break for our goal? Was watching in the pub and couldn't see clearly.

We would have been three points of the top under the old point system!

a much more fairer system..as a draw should be worth half the points..

We would have been top of the table if the better team had won in our first four games! We're definitely getting better at holding leads.

What is really great to see is that we have made all the teams we played look pedestrian. And even greater that we got our 3rd clean sheet in a row and are sporting the 2nd best defense in the league.

Exciting times from a young team that I didn't expect much from until a couple of seasons from this one!

COYS!

It wasn't the easiest of headers.

If Son and Lamela can play like today more often, he will start getting a little more space

Agreed, but it's one that he would have put away last season. Hence my concern. I do think the goals will come, but he has to relax a bit. Hopefully with Son stepping up and him not being solely relied upon will allow him to do so.

Edit: I watched it again and it wasn't that difficult, actually.

Last edited:
Just to say, thought this was Vertonghen's best game of the season too...I sometimes feel he is a liability due to recklessness but have to say, he was superb today. I know Park Lane has never wavered in his viewpoint of Verts being the man. Seems as though Poch is putting more on him too; right after the goal it was significant that he called him over and was giving him instructions...

Just back from the game. Some impressions:

1. Lloris and Dier very impressive. Edit: And Son in patches (He is quick and has quick feet too)
2. We really suffer from a lack of width when attacking. Watching Lamela from the West Stand first half when he received the ball wide he always cut inside. A lot of the time he took up the #10 position regardless of where anyone else was. At one point we were on the break - instead of pulling right Lamela ran straight down the middle alongside Kane and Son taking his marker with him, leaving no pass and no space. if he is going to start he needs to have some variation and be much better positionally.
3. Walker doesn't offer enough going forward -although he may be wary about the cover he is getting in front of him, to be fair.
4. Good to see Eriksen back, made a difference.
4. Palace are a good side - especially going forward - and very impressive away support.

Last edited:
I always follow this for OMG ..because no TV..
when I logged on at 3.45ish I was sure we'd lost or had a draw..
so relieved....
I still definitely think we need Pritchard in the squad..Hes a must!
if hes in maybe are season wont turn out too bad.

How did nije..Play..?

He was a bit unlucky because after he came on he hardly saw the ball going forward, instead he did a lot of chasing down their defenders/midfield and covering.
He is pacy, but it will be good to see him get enough time to get forward a bit.

I thought Chadli was struggling to read Son's game, including one moment where a misunderstanding caused Chadli to knock the ball out of play.

I like the interplay between Dier, Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Dier often dropped deeper and Vertonghen would move forward. I think that this is an excellent interchanging tactic and allows freedom for the defenders to attack dad cover themselves as a unit.

We need a Lloris song. I continually shouted Lloris, every time that he did anything. I think at present, he's our best player, so want to get him as much support and praise as possible. His save was excellent & he could always be relied on in the air. I'm delighted that he's with us.

Kane looked out of sorts. Not sure what's happening...loss of confidence/just one of those days.

I thought we were very good in spells today and once again, we were the better side overall. I have felt that in every single game so far this season, we have been the best team in the game. If Kane starts firing, we'll have a great season imo.

Last edited:
I enjoyed being at the Lane today, the sun was shining, we played well and we won, an enjoyable day all round

Great result today. Before the game I thought Palace would give us a real tough game so I was well impressed how we bossed tthe game for all but a couple of 10 minute spells. I know they hit the woodwork twice but they didn't give us half as much threat as they did last year.
I think we are playing well and have been unfortunate so far this season. Unlucky to lose our first game against United. Let it slip against Stoke Leicester equalised with a great strike and we totally bossed Everton and should have won. Didn't think the performance against Sunderland was that great but another great result.
Our young squad is looking good and we have good choices for near enough every position. Just need to sort out that final ball through(mind you now eriksen is back, we have more threat)and I am feeling optimistic for this season.

Back