• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v AEL Limassol UEFA Europa League Play Off****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd leg is ITV4 28th ko 19:45

1st leg only on some Cypriot thing so far. 21st ko 17:00 - so I expect either Channel 5 or ITV4 if at all.

In the past some have anly appeared at a couple of days' notice.

No idea whether these are different in Jockistan.

Everyone putting Naughton in for this one,is this because hopefully Walker will be back fit or because its thought he will be suspended for QPR?

We might appeal his red card, and Poll thinks we should....

FRIEDEL

FREDERICKS
DAWSON
VERTONGHEN
DAVIES

SANDRO
CARROLL

CHADLI
KANE
HOLTBY

SOLDADO

subs: McGee, Naughton, Veljkovic, Mason, Dembele, Oduwa, (+1 young striker for the ride).

Leave at home: Lloris, Walker, Rose, Dier, Kaboul, Lennon, Paulinho, Ade, Lamela, Townsend, Eriksen, Capoue, Bentaleb' pref with Poch and co to take the training; send Ehiogu and Paul Brush out to Cyprus!

FRIEDEL

FREDERICKS
DAWSON
VERTONGHEN
DAVIES

SANDRO
CARROLL

CHADLI
KANE
HOLTBY

SOLDADO

subs: McGee, Naughton, Veljkovic, Mason, Dembele, Oduwa, (+1 young striker for the ride).

Leave at home: Lloris, Walker, Rose, Dier, Kaboul, Lennon, Paulinho, Ade, Lamela, Townsend, Eriksen, Capoue, Bentaleb' pref with Poch and co to take the training; send Ehiogu and Paul Brush out to Cyprus!
Based on preseason, I would have Mason ahead of Carroll right now

Surely that will be business between Swansea Utrecht and UEFA?

I assume we have registered the player as our own, if not in the Europa squad?

I assumed that, regarding Swansea and Utrecht, but I was getting worried re Vorm's lack of 'visibility' on our bench, pitch, squad lists. However DM's comments, have reassured me. That's the first time I've seen a reason from the club regarding his non-appearance.

Poch said form had his own training program to get him up to speed. Registering for the qualifying round is different to the actual tournament. Need to qualify first.

Thanks for this DM, that's reassured me greatly. I hope Vorm is up to speed soon, because I really want to see him as our No.2 not Brad. No disrespect to Brad, great guy and tremendous keeper in his day. But he's now what, 43?

Thanks for this DM, that's reassured me greatly. I hope Vorm is up to speed soon, because I really want to see him as our No.2 not Brad. No disrespect to Brad, great guy and tremendous keeper in his day. But he's now what, 43?

On twitter, talking THFC account:
Mauricio Pochettino (on Vorm) - For him we have a special plan. He was in the World Cup and needs time. #THFC http://pic.twitter.com/sCrSEwAOB0

As has been said sometimes early UEFA games appear on the schedule very late. Here's hoping Monday brings some news.

Agree with those who say reactively strong team to get this done in the first leg - we can then rest a few during the week before the Liverpool game (which is a big, big game).

On twitter, talking THFC account:
Mauricio Pochettino (on Vorm) - For him we have a special plan. He was in the World Cup and needs time. #THFC http://pic.twitter.com/sCrSEwAOB0

Yeah he was at the World Cup technically but played as many minutes as me, Walcott and Bassong put together. I can see he needs time off but Lloris only went home a few days earlier and had a far more busy time.

Vorm was the substitute substitute!

Yeah he was at the World Cup technically but played as many minutes as me, Walcott and Bassong put together. I can see he needs time off but Lloris only went home a few days earlier and had a far more busy time.

Yep. Smokescreen me thinks. Special secret plan me ****.

Yep. Smokescreen me thinks. Special secret plan me ****.

I must admit when I told my wife (who's also a Spurs fan) about the 'official reason' for Vorm's absence, her reply was one of a person less than convinced by this explanation.

I'll need to see Vorm actually playing for us, before I stop worrying completely about this FIFA investigation.

Agree with most people here. Send out a fairly strong, but rotated team. Few if any players that will start against QPR, although I think Hugo and a centre half at least will be fine to play again.

He also had some injury and form issues last season at Swansea.

Being at the World Cup isn't only about getting worn down physically by the hard work or mentally by the pressure, but also that it keeps you from having time off and it keeps you from having a proper pre-season. When some of the lads were already well rested and had started working on their fitness Vorm was still in the middle of it all, concentrating only on the next game at hand.

Not worried at this point, as others have pointed out that's an issue between Swansea and Utrecht.

Lloris is our first choice goalkeeper. He might have benefited from getting some more time off and more time to concentrate on pre-season before having to get ready for his first match, but he's our first choice goalkeeper so that wasn't an option.

All speculative of course.

Agree with most people here. Send out a fairly strong, but rotated team. Few if any players that will start against QPR, although I think Hugo and a centre half at least will be fine to play again.

I'd like to see a strong team, give them more playing time together. Win this and we can rotate for the next one. Depends on how close to match fitness the rest are. We'll know more when we see who's traveled.

-------------------------Friedel------------------------
Naughton----Dawson----Vertonghen----Davies
----------------Sandro------- Dembele--------------
Townsend--------------Kane-----------------Chadli
-----------------------Soldado-------------------------

subs: Hugo, Veljkovic, Paulinho, Holtby, Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb

2:0 - Kane, Soldado

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back