• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Does the 800mil figure quoted include the cost of scooping up all the land and businesses around WHL pre-build or is this just the cost of the stadium itself?
There is 20 pages on this in the SkyScraperCity thread... see for yourself

But in a nutshell, Levy and Donna Cullen are circulating a hugely inflated figure to show what big spenders they are / push up sponsor deals / show that we shouldn't have to do more social housing / bully politicians into investing in the area. Build costs can be calculated in many different ways, to satisfy many different angles/pitches.

But surely a build cost of a few hundred million doesn't ramp up to 800m in a few months, no chance of that.

There is 20 pages on this in the SkyScraperCity thread... see for yourself

But in a nutshell, Levy and Donna Cullen are circulating a hugely inflated figure to show what big spenders they are / push up sponsor deals / show that we shouldn't have to do more social housing / bully politicians into investing in the area. Build costs can be calculated in many different ways, to satisfy many different angles/pitches.

But surely a build cost of a few hundred million doesn't ramp up to 800m in a few months, no chance of that.
fudge that. I expect you to read it all for me and summarise what they said in one small paragraph. Put it in a nutshell for me. I'll check back in 30mins.

Does the 800mil figure quoted include the cost of scooping up all the land and businesses around WHL pre-build or is this just the cost of the stadium itself?
I assumed it probably does for that amount but to be honest I haven't kept abreast of things as much as others who are more knowledgeable on this thread.

I'm just starting to get slightly worried about costs and these articles which appear to be popping up more frequently, could leave us uncompetitive for a few years due to the cost of managing the debt.

Last edited:
Put short, the stadium will be expensive, but the building of the stadium alone is not gonna cost 800 million

£250m was always the build cost and £200m the land cost. I guess the other £350m is the flats and the infrastructure work (the former of which will be revenue generating and the latter of which the council is largely paying for). So it's a £800m development, but the stadium cost is c.£250m.

4e5d8f58f94d56abcb4e856f0e6c46c6.jpg

Tunnel and dugout.

Also we have approaching 70k on the W/L for a season ticket so you'd guess a sizeable number of them would be eager to increase their LPs in order to qualify for a ST at the new stadium.

So this is me - "Season Ticket Waiting List. - Position on list: 355"

As someone whose loyalty points were decimated by the cull, you've got me panicking now. Does this now mean I might now just as as well be at position 35,500 on the waiting list?

As someone whose loyalty points were decimated by the cull, you've got me panicking now. Does this now mean I might now just as as well be at position 35,500 on the waiting list?
Don't think LPs have any effect on the ST waiting list, that's just a straight up queue, you'll still be 355th.

Can't remember if I've asked this, but when we come to the end of next season and our tickets are renewing for the new stadium, can we choose where we want to sit, and also do you think we can move with other season ticket holders that currently don't sit anywhere near you? I.e. Can you apply with your mates to sit with them say in the big south stand tier?

Can't remember if I've asked this, but when we come to the end of next season and our tickets are renewing for the new stadium, can we choose where we want to sit, and also do you think we can move with other season ticket holders that currently don't sit anywhere near you? I.e. Can you apply with your mates to sit with them say in the big south stand tier?
It's not finally decided how they will work this out, but it's been said that the most likely scenario is that people with season tickets will first be given a comparable seat and with an option to relocate. Relocation with friends was something they would try to accommodate.

I don't remember the details, but it's been discussed several times in the the supporter trusts meetings with the club. If you check the minutes from the meetings, you'll find it.

Last edited:

The number of LP's and position on the waiting list are not connected. You are safely at position 355 and you be guaranteed a ST at the new stadium 100%

Back