• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Ah either way my gut tells me we will be staying put next season :)

If we stay put next season that would mean we wouldn't be moving into the new stadium until 2019/2020. There is a small possibility that we could play from a part finished new stadium next year, but the likelihood is Wembley. Either way, WHL will be demolished this summer.

I see that the usual online pessimistic vultures have spotten Levy's mentioning about the total stadium cost now being around £800m and have perversely decided that this means £800m of debt.

Is it possible that DL is looking at moving half way through season. The club isn't making a lot of noise about last season at lane so maybe DL will argue with Prem league that it's the same ground and not two different venues to get around rule of 1 ground per season?

Is it possible that DL is looking at moving half way through season. The club isn't making a lot of noise about last season at lane so maybe DL will argue with Prem league that it's the same ground and not two different venues to get around rule of 1 ground per season?
Do you mean moving from the old whl to the new one? Won't there be a huge stand in the middle of the pitch?

If we stay put next season that would mean we wouldn't be moving into the new stadium until 2019/2020. There is a small possibility that we could play from a part finished new stadium next year, but the likelihood is Wembley. Either way, WHL will be demolished this summer.

Surely your first and last comments are contradictory?!? There is no way in the world that the stadium could even be part-finished by August! There's a lot of structural work still to do and that even before you get on to electrics, plumbing, fnishing, seats etc!

You are right that the club is not making a big song and dance about this being the last season at the Lane, because the club management is of the view that we are not really moving, just kind of shuffling along a bit. Which Is a view I like because it's implying that WHL is our home now and will continue to be so in the future. But of course to the fans who have entered the turnstiles, who have stood on the terraces/sat in the stands (albeit in a Trigger's !New Broom kind of way) it is still a move.
But at some point we will have to vacate the current premises, to allow the demolition and all the new build and fit out which could not be completed just in the close season. And I don't see how it could be argued that playing at Wembley for half a season is the same as playing at WHL (old or new) for the other half of the season (unless I have misunderstood what you are saying, in which case, apologies).

NO.

I see that the usual online pessimistic vultures have spotten Levy's mentioning about the total stadium cost now being around £800m and have perversely decided that this means £800m of debt.
Indeed - I was listening to a Spurs podcast today and they claimed the stadium cost had rocketed from £400m to £800m which would cause a huge new sudden hole in the finances... absolute rubbish. They are confusing the cost of the entire scheme (buying land, buying businesses) with the cost of the structure itself.

The pitch areas for WHL and NWHL don't overlap by a small margin but the nature of the retractable pitch construction means that WHL has to be demolished for the construction to continue as planned. Staying at WHL for another season would throw such a huge spanner in the works that I don't think it's a legitimate plan B to be honest.

I've been following the build progress with keen interest over on another forum and completely agree with what Bullet has said above. I would also be gobsmacked if the confirmation of the move to Wembley doesn't come after the expected approval of the request for the extra 90k capacity matches on March 23.

wasn't it originaly designed for a move from 3/4 to 3/4?
No. The old design, which was scrapped 8 years ago was. This one, no. It's impossible! The entire structure has to be up to be able to attach the tension and compression rings that hold the roof.

Last edited:
Back