• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Their group stage games have attendances in the 40-41k range.

The PSG game was their lowest attended home game last season.

For a CL knock-out game that put the winner through to the QFs? Strange. Could it be the capacity was reduced further for this game to allow even more hoardings around the perimeter? Or maybe more seats given up to Uefa officials and stuff? Just seems odd, that's all.

Note that LVG complained about the pitch when Utd played in USA. Said it was grass on top of an artificial surface and skidding around, could cause injuries. Something to look out for at our new stadium. I wonder if the Colorado Rapids stadium has this same system?

Note that LVG complained about the pitch when Utd played in USA. Said it was grass on top of an artificial surface and skidding around, could cause injuries. Something to look out for at our new stadium. I wonder if the Colorado Rapids stadium has this same system?

Most likely it was grass rolled out on top of the plastic surface.

NYCFC-master675.jpg

Ours will be in its own container and rolled out behind the stadium (obviously it will be underground), while the plastic one is permanently placed underneath. The two will never come in contact with each other.

800px-University_of_Phoenix_Stadium_field_01.jpg

I'd be interested to know more about this myself. It doesn't sound ideal if it can actually cause injuries but if not and there is skidding about then I would hope that our players would become accustomed to it and that it would give us an advantage.

Thinking about it with our new stadium will the pitch be any bigger? United's pitch is, if I'm not mistaken, one of the largest about and under Fergie they used this to their advantage. Would seem silly for us to not at least account for any change in pitch dimensions should it suit one of the many managers we'll have in the next couple of decades!

Whatever it is that he's complaining about, it bears no relation Spurs' new stadium. There is no other stadium in the world that has a permanent artificial pitch underneath a sliding grass pitch. The two pitches will be entirely separate. The one will not affect the quality of the other in any way, shape or form. Other than the fact that our pitch will have the capability to retract, it will be a perfectly normal grass pitch - no different to the pitch at the current stadium.

I'd be interested to know more about this myself. It doesn't sound ideal if it can actually cause injuries but if not and there is skidding about then I would hope that our players would become accustomed to it and that it would give us an advantage.

Thinking about it with our new stadium will the pitch be any bigger? United's pitch is, if I'm not mistaken, one of the largest about and under Fergie they used this to their advantage. Would seem silly for us to not at least account for any change in pitch dimensions should it suit one of the many managers we'll have in the next couple of decades!

It's pretty much a certainty that our pitch will be the standard UEFA and FIFA recommended 105m x 68m - same as the Emirates; bigger than our current pitch (100m x 67m).

I was under the impression the pitch would retract into an underground area, rather than outside the stadium.. Is there anything in the released designs that confirms this?

I was under the impression the pitch would retract into an underground area, rather than outside the stadium.. Is there anything in the released designs that confirms this?

The recently approved changes to the basement level and the plans to build several tall buildings to the south of the new stadium.

You're usually a very precise man, are you sure about that fact?

I took it as a fact from Populous architect, Christopher Lee, who made the claim about our stadium. But after a quick google search, I have to confess that he was wrong!

There is one other stadium that has an artificial pitch underneath a retractable grass pitch - Sapporo Dome. However, since the artificial pitch there is a baseball pitch, we can at least say that ours will be the only stadium with a grass football pitch over an artificial football pitch!

And ours will certainly be the only retractable grass pitch that, when retracted, will reside underneath the stadium and podium structure.

Last edited:
I'd imagine it would have the artificial lighting that we see on the pitch so often. So it would not be in total darkness one would imagine. Don't think anyone can have any worries about the pitch. Although would be interesting to know what would happen over a number of days kept in that area. There would certainly need to be some kind of temperature control with the heat lamps. Saying that its naturally in darkness around 8hrs in the summer and longer other times so it could sit there for day events, and then bring out the heat lamps during the night when everyone is gone.

Back