• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

This season the precedent was set to allow us to potentially play home games at 2 different stadiums. Not sure if the permission rule was to stop the possibility of someone like United hosting someone in Asia for the $ and inconveniencing their opponents at the same time but I always felt once permission was granted it would release the pressure on delivering the stadium at a set date. I wonder if there would come a point where we felt that it would be a disadvantage to move in before the end of the season, say with 3 or 4 games to go and Poch felt the lack of familiarity / away team boost would mean we would be better off at Wembley for the business end of the season?!

I don't think any new precedent has been set. The PL rules state a club must have one home stadium for PL games and this can only be changed by permission of the PL. We had permission to change from WHL to Wembley and eventually will get permission to change from Wembley to NWHL. The rules don't require the switch to be between seasons.

It was Scudamore who introduced the idea that you had to use the same stadium for the whole season. It was never in the PL rulebook. The purpose of the rule is to stop a club playing most games at their own ground but switching the big games to Wembley. This is not what we are doing.

Not gibberish at all. DL is pushing for the stadium to be ready ASAP and will announce the first game possible once the Critical Safety Systems are sorted and the test events/safety certificate is passed. What he is killing there are the rumours that we want to wait for a big game, or Sky want us open for a bigger game than Burnley/Bournemouth/Southampton and would pressure us to open with something more 'marquee'. And the people who are saying that because Man U was the last game at WHL, that they would also be the first opponents because 'It would be a nice nod' or whatever.

The only thing we are waiting for is for the issues to be fixed. Nothing more.

You obviously have a degree in gibberish or text speak then! Mine is only in English, hence being baffled by nonsensical sentence construction.

I was commenting on someone criticising nonsensical sentence construction, using nonsensical sentence construction. Or do you think your degree in English is baffled?
Thank you for your input. How would you have liked it written, and I'll amend accordingly for you.

Last edited:
Thank you for your input. How would you have liked it written, and I'll amend accordingly for you.
Don't bother. This is a fans' forum where colloquial English is entirely acceptable. Perhaps you'll bear that in mind when you feel the need to rant in future about "gibberish" in a perfectly intelligible post. My comment was about "the pot calling the kettle black". No more from me on this.

Don't bother. This is a fans' forum where colloquial English is entirely acceptable. Perhaps you'll bear that in mind when you feel the need to rant in future about "gibberish" in a perfectly intelligible post. My comment was about "the pot calling the kettle black". No more from me on this.

It’s ok, I wasn’t going to anyway Mr Internet Policeman.

I’m genuinely unsure why you took such offence to the original quip - “ITK” are known for their strange punctuation and grammar quirks, a point which has been noted and chuckled at since the dawn of time on this board.

However, if you feel that
“no sky, or symmetrical, influence to start with Man U”
is an intelligible sentence, then I’m relieved I wasn’t your English teacher. To be sure I’ve just ran the phrase by some colleagues at work, and no one else had a scoobies either.

So, it wasn’t a big deal and was a throwaway comment. However you’ve obviously taken it way too seriously and quite possibly personally, judging by your pompous rant and rave. Perhaps you’ll bear that in mind and consider your mental state before over reacting to something so insignificant in future.

Best wishes
Jon

Come on guys be nice to each other. Life is too short, like me. We are all after one thing in life and that's to see spurs be successful. How one writes a sentence doesn't require arguments.
X
Absolutely my handsome friend. Hence my shock at a typical ‘me’ jocular comment inviting the scathing wrath of two of Anne Robinson’s ‘Points of View’ regular contributors...

(Although in fairness I couldn’t be arsed to read the Aussie guys one fully. Far too long and boring!) :D

Re "over reacting to something so insignificant in future", I suggest you re-read what you wrote:
You obviously have a degree in gibberish or text speak then! Mine is only in English, hence being baffled by nonsensical sentence construction. That is far from a throwaway or "jocular comment", it is an insult plain and simple. Reading the exchange, it looks as if you can give it but not take it..........

Re "over reacting to something so insignificant in future", I suggest you re-read what you wrote:
You obviously have a degree in gibberish or text speak then! Mine is only in English, hence being baffled by nonsensical sentence construction. That is far from a throwaway or "jocular comment", it is an insult plain and simple. Reading the exchange, it looks as if you can give it but not take it..........

Oh he likes to take it. Right in the bum holey

Read back to the start then old chap, you’ve come in half way and made a tit of yourself. Ta ta. X

General query. Am I still on the Glory Glory board?

I just can’t remember when it was not allowed to rinse an ITK from SC?

Has something changed and I missed a memo! Or am I now in a parrellel universe and have ended up on COYS or SC, where all the little ITK sycophants tinkle their pants if you dare criticise their heroes?

If so.. The board has gone!

Back