• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

DeMK9MmWAAA5QIH.jpg

So do you all think we now have 3 full months to complete the stadium? East side looks quite a bit off as does the South exterior. GHod knows what the interior looks like.
I keep on saying it..... but I don't think there is that much to do.

East stand is just the facade
South stand is just the glazing.
Interior fit outs tend to take very little time.

My big worries until recently were the roof (which seems to have sped up significantly in the past week or so) and the sliding pitch (that was successfully tested last week).

So do you all think we now have 3 full months to complete the stadium? East side looks quite a bit off as does the South exterior. GHod knows what the interior looks like.
I think that the thing we miss (unless we are involved in the trade) is that on building projects this scale some interior fit outs will be completed way before exterior work is done. We completed a fairly significant build last year, and I couldn't believe when touring in hard-hats, high viz etc. as heavy work was still taking place in one area, that just round the corner the changing facilities and showers were complete, tiled and looked ready to use.

i’ve no idea why there is such time negativity towards this, looks like it’s being thrown up to me. With 3 months to go I see no reason why it wouldn’t be ready if it continues at the current pace.

i’ve no idea why there is such time negativity towards this, looks like it’s being thrown up to me. With 3 months to go I see no reason why it wouldn’t be ready if it continues at the current pace.
I don't know how to use the like button.
I suppose supporting Spurs does tend to go hand-in-hand with a latent fear of something going wrong.

I have that too, but over a year of observing the build and reading a lot from people who know their stuff makes me unusually confident over this.

My big worries until recently were the roof (which seems to have sped up significantly in the past week or so) and the sliding pitch (that was successfully tested last week).

And, of course, there is little to stop all of these things happening at the same time...

I was speaking to one of the crane drivers at a party on Sunday and he said they're 6 weeks behind. He thinks that's the max it will be though so not too outrageous. On a side note, the green crane that can be seen sitting where the pitch will be is costing £6k per day to hire. Not bad work if you can get it!

I would say the internal fit out takes the longest, that's why buildings go up so quickly but take ages to open because of the interior. My old company when the building company handed over their new HQ took 18 months for the fit out. All the plumbing, electricals etc in something of this size can take an age. I still think we'll be ready on time though - some of the facade isn't necessary to get a safety certificate.

I was speaking to one of the crane drivers at a party on Sunday and he said they're 6 weeks behind. He thinks that's the max it will be though so not too outrageous. On a side note, the green crane that can be seen sitting where the pitch will be is costing £6k per day to hire. Not bad work if you can get it!

Don’t forget the money the club has made form buying the cranes too

Back