• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

Many? I thought there were only two optioins, two stage build or ground share.

How many are there?

Various grounds provide options. Wembley for example is not a strictly speaking a ground share. I hope we see an inspiring updated design. It is a once in a life time chance to build Spurs a stand-out iconic home. Get it right, and it will propel us past the arrse. By having a more iconic stadium for watching football we'll leap frog them.

Various grounds provide options. Wembley for example is not a strictly speaking a ground share. I hope we see an inspiring updated design. It is a once in a life time chance to build Spurs a stand-out iconic home. Get it right, and it will propel us past the arrse. By having a more iconic stadium for watching football we'll leap frog them.

By having a more iconic stadium we will leap frog them?

Really do not understand that.

I hope we've moved away from the wavy bowl style, I'd rather something like this:

index.php

same here, all the bowls have a generic soulless feel to them.

I can't imagine the design changing that much, it will almost certainly be a bowl of some degree

I hope we've moved away from the wavy bowl style, I'd rather something like this:

index.php

i dont like stadiums with big gaps in the corners, and i dont want a fcuking power station in one of the corners either........i like the original design with a big monster single tier kop end and the rest of the stadium in a bowlish shape. Just get the damn thing built!!

i dont like stadiums with big gaps in the corners, and i dont want a fcuking power station in one of the corners either........i like the original design with a big monster single tier kop end and the rest of the stadium in a bowlish shape. Just get the damn thing built!!

Were not going to move to Battersea so I wouldnt worry about the power station

Yeah it always feels weird at Orient with the Apartments in the corners

By having a more iconic stadium we will leap frog them?

Really do not understand that.

Our revenue will increase with a grand stadium with smart new facilities, as theirs has. They may be more centrally located, but otherwise there won't be a great deal of difference between the two clubs set-ups. But what may set us apart is the stadium. The Emirates lacks atmosphere, and is not a particularly good stadium for watching football. Highbury had a distinct identity and a more intimate atmosphere. If Levy et al build a stadium that has that magic, both in terms of atmosphere but also architectural presence, then Spurs will be the stand out North London club long term.

Last edited:

Obviously atmosphere is not just about the stadium. Having a closer more intimate space helps. But also helping groups like 1882 and publishing songs etc makes a difference. Check this out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rate-hostile-atmosphere-Emirates-Stadium.html

If it wasn't for wengers attractive football and knack of pulling out enough wins, arrse 'supporters' would not keep renewing their season tickets. Its a flat experience. A stadium should offer rousing atmosphere.

Obviously atmosphere is not just about the stadium. Having a closer more intimate space helps. But also helping groups like 1882 and publishing songs etc makes a difference. Check this out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rate-hostile-atmosphere-Emirates-Stadium.html

If it wasn't for wengers attractive football and knack of pulling out enough wins, arrse 'supporters' would not keep renewing their season tickets. Its a flat experience. A stadium should offer rousing atmosphere.

Block 35 for Limassol.... be there or be Dial Square

That piece from Mail Nov 2013 included AVB demanding the WHL crowd be more vocal.

How did that work out Andre?

Addicted to Spurs ‏@AddictedtoSpurs
Sky Sports understand it's 'unlikely' that #THFC will play at Stadium MK while Stadium construction is underway.

Addicted to Spurs ‏@AddictedtoSpurs
Sky Sports understand it's 'unlikely' that #THFC will play at Stadium MK while Stadium construction is underway.

Mmm, interesting. Maybe we won't ground share after all?

That piece from Mail Nov 2013 included AVB demanding the WHL crowd be more vocal.

Whilst his comments were misplaced he was right, the atmosphere has been rubbish bar a couple of the biggest games of the season for a good few years now and frequently not even just quiet but instead a toxic atmosphere.

Lets hope the new stadium will provide a more beneficial atmosphere....

Surely it's not about the stadium! The stadium itself can't provide the atmosphere! It's up to us, the fans, to get behind the team and create the good and loud atmosphere that WHL was known for!
I would really like us to be a bit more hostile towards the opposition! They should fear coming to The Lane!
I've been to a few matches in Istanbul watching Galatasaray, and if I was playing for the away team, I would most certainly be a bit put off by the home fans! They are really loud and it's a constant booing when the away team has the ball.

I agree about the atmosphere. Should be more positive towards us and more antagonistic to the oppo. Many of our fans do the away team's job for them by turning on our players rather than the team we're playing. Apparently Naughton was booed on Saturday, why?

I can't stand gaps in the corners like Stoke. Has anyone been to Oxford Kassam? It has one end missing, so you can see the car park and megabowl, it is awful. At Wolves you can look out and see life going on outside the game, it sucks out the atmosphere.

I want us to build a Green Hairy Mary i.e. exterior completely shrouded in plant life for maximum eco-friendliness, none of this shiny 90's glass. Just a green jungle. A huge tight bowl with steep sides, lots of roof, very little sky, no gaps in the corners. Once you are in the hairy Mary it is dark in there, really dark. Except for the spotlights. Drama, atmosphere, hairy Marys.

Well the atmosphere is still ****, so it wasn't really taken on board.

I can't stand gaps in the corners like Stoke. Has anyone been to Oxford Kassam? It has one end missing, so you can see the car park and megabowl, it is awful. At Wolves you can look out and see life going on outside the game, it sucks out the atmosphere.

I want us to build a Green Hairy Mary i.e. exterior completely shrouded in plant life for maximum eco-friendliness, none of this shiny 90's glass. Just a green jungle. A huge tight bowl with steep sides, lots of roof, very little sky, no gaps in the corners. Once you are in the hairy Mary it is dark in there, really dark. Except for the spotlights. Drama, atmosphere, hairy Marys.

Are you hairy, Mary?

Whilst his comments were misplaced he was right, the atmosphere has been rubbish bar a couple of the biggest games of the season for a good few years now and frequently not even just quiet but instead a toxic atmosphere.

Can anyone think of a club who have moved to a new stadium and the atmosphere has improved?

Back