• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

How ridiculous is that? To have a stadium that precludes you from taking a certain type of set piece?

I’m sure we’ve thought about it and there is some solution, but I’d love to know what it is because right now the idea that our great new stadium prevents inswingers would be so bad.

I think you guys are worrying about something that isn't real, to be honest. Check Cowlin's video from yesterday, 10:26 in, you can clearly see that the angle is quite shallow, and taking any kind of corner there won't be a problem (obviously).

On another note, I also really enjoyed this one, Spurs fans at the event yesterday giving their impressions. Lovely! :)

I think you guys are worrying about something that isn't real, to be honest. Check Cowlin's video from yesterday, 10:26 in, you can clearly see that the angle is quite shallow, and taking any kind of corner there won't be a problem (obviously).

On another note, I also really enjoyed this one, Spurs fans at the event yesterday giving their impressions. Lovely! :)

I’m not a professional but if I had to run up the slope in that video, only for the gradient to change slightly as I’m about to kick the ball, I can imagine that being ruddy annoying.

On the other hand, absolutely loving the leg room in those seats. As a 6’6 guy, that’s going to be special.

J7fAVFD.jpg

Hope it isn't an issue but it's hard to see how It won't be tbh
Certainly looks like much gentler slope along the sideline in this shot.

upload_2018-12-17_10-30-47.jpeg

I’m not a professional but if I had to run up the slope in that video, only for the gradient to change slightly as I’m about to kick the ball, I can imagine that being ruddy annoying.

On the other hand, absolutely loving the leg room in those seats. As a 6’6 guy, that’s going to be special.
Not for the guy sitting behind you :eek:

Last edited:
Certainly looks like much gentler slope along the sideline in this shot.

View attachment 5492

It's not the slope that's the problem it's the narrow strip of flat surface before the touchline - how can a player take a corner from such a narrow space ir take a throw in or the lino run up and down?

Having taken the photo in my post i can assure you that's a better reflection of the slope gradient than the photo you have posted anyway, looks like it was taken with a wide angle lens, which will distort things (not that the slope is really the issue here)

Although there wasn’t much room around the sides at the original WHL the slope does look like a potential oversight. It’s easy done though, I remember when my dad got me a board to mount my subbuteo pitch on but he’d done it with a slight overhang of the pitch markings rather than entire felt..it didn’t leave a great deal of room to take thrown ins and corners!

3CAF1F9F-E6BD-4F66-BC6B-E5699CB40352.jpeg

The other thing is any idiosyncrasies for the pitch should be to our advantage as we can practice for them more often than our opponents.

I can imagine a fair few ankle sprains as players try and get used to the slope. It’s true that there wasn’t as much space at WHL either but at least it was a flat surface if you ended up running off the pitch.

But I can’t believe Poch, as a former professional, hasn’t come for a stadium tour and made the exact same point. So we must have some kind of workaround.

Is it realistic to hope that the ground will/could be open for the CL last 16?

I think and hope so. Would be amazing to get at least one CL game in the new stadium this season (and hopefully more)!

As for the slope, it does certainly appear....slightly strange. Like billyiddo said, its not the actual slope itself which is the problem but the fact that there appears to be a very small amount of space from the sideline to the slope.

I'm sure it will have been taken into account and as BoL said, I'm sure Poch will have picked up on it if he thinks it is a concern. Will just have to see how it plays out on the 1st game.

The pictures and videos from yesterday look genuinely incredible. I cannot wait to get into this stadium. I just hope its in February. We must be close now. I am waiting with baited breath for the mention of the official test events.

I can imagine a fair few ankle sprains as players try and get used to the slope. It’s true that there wasn’t as much space at WHL either but at least it was a flat surface if you ended up running off the pitch.

But I can’t believe Poch, as a former professional, hasn’t come for a stadium tour and made the exact same point. So we must have some kind of workaround.
Or maybe it’s just not even an issue?

Back