• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Can everyone remember when the stadium was first announced? I remember it vividly. The morning after the 4-4 draw with the goons. That was 29th/30th October 2008!

10 years on and we will be getting our masterpiece. That’s a long wait.

Was it? Damn. I remember being sick that night, going to bed at 4-2 and waking up the next morning to a pleasant surprise. Can't remember the stadium being announced at all. Would be nice to find the initial announcement. :) here it is:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...onfirms-northumberland-development-project-1/

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been covered, but what are the abseiling ropes all around the ground? I thought they were tricks of the light to start with

Sorry if this has been covered, but what are the abseiling ropes all around the ground? I thought they were tricks of the light to start with

Visitors to the SkyGawp N17 Vista Experience will be able (for an extra fee) to abseil down the front of the South Stand. This is supposed to be fun: the highlight of a visit to the Naming Rights. But there's only one abseiling point as far as I know.

I can't see any ropes on the live stream right now, but with the rest of the veil to go up, it makes sense that there's something to hang on to for the poor sods fitting it.

Haha, found this on Skyscrapercity.

DpAn4RsW4AAveII.jpg

DpAn4QxXoAAXe6p.jpg

Scum needs to move their goalposts 10 meters off their pitch to get it as close to the stands as it is in NWHL. :p

I just love, love, love the fact that they have such a bricky track and field stadium, and we have this ace close compact one which is even bigger than theirs.

DpAn4QxXoAAXe6p.jpg

Scum needs to move their goalposts 10 meters off their pitch to get it as close to the stands as it is in NWHL. :p

I just love, love, love the fact that they have such a bricky track and field stadium, and we have this ace close compact one which is even bigger than theirs.

Incredible isnt it, and as good as that looks, as close and intimidating - imagine how it will be when its packed!?

Having a kop right on your back, its going to be something else....

Haha, found this on Skyscrapercity.

DpAn4RsW4AAveII.jpg

DpAn4QxXoAAXe6p.jpg

Because one goal end at the Emirates is close to the stand, it looks like they designed it so that the pitch can be moved to avoid excessive wear in the goal area, like you would on a recreational pitch?

I think Ive mentioned before, I was at the Emirates for one of their pre season tournaments a few years back in a similar spot to where that picture is from, possibly a little further back.

Aside from being miles away from the pitch, that dipping roofline really obstructs the view. From where I was I couldnt see the opposite stand, the roofline cut it out of view just at the opposite edge of the pitch

Was it? Damn. I remember being sick that night, going to bed at 4-2 and waking up the next morning to a pleasant surprise. Can't remember the stadium being announced at all. Would be nice to find the initial announcement. :) here it is:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...onfirms-northumberland-development-project-1/
Yep, here is the BBC doc. Morning after the game, I remember it was a great moment to go into work and talk to my Gooner ST boss! He was not happy!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7699135.stm

Last edited:
I think Ive mentioned before, I was at the Emirates for one of their pre season tournaments a few years back in a similar spot to where that picture is from, possibly a little further back.

Aside from being miles away from the pitch, that dipping roofline really obstructs the view. From where I was I couldnt see the opposite stand, the roofline cut it out of view just at the opposite edge of the pitch

Was there for a Springsteen concert and the low stands above where we were acted as a sound baffle. Speaking to a guy then who watches football there he said the design was weird from day one thus the quiet atmosphere?

Keep sending all these videos and pics, fellas. I buzz off them. It really does look like an old school/new school job with a lot of thought gone into how to make it have an effective atmosphere and feel. A lot of classic features!

At the norf end, there's blokes using ropes to haul up both the cladding for the Skybridge bar and themselves.

At the southeast corner today, there was a chap up in the girders - under the roof but above the floodlights - working on something.

Back