• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Not sure but I have heard the turf will be down by this time next weekend, anyone else heard similar?

19th-21st August, according to someone who was at the test event and asked the question. Remains to be seen how reliable that is.

It's very good to see the prep for safe standing being put in 5000 seats at the bottom of the South Stand.

19th-21st August, according to someone who was at the test event and asked the question. Remains to be seen how reliable that is.

It's very good to see the prep for safe standing being put in 5000 seats at the bottom of the South Stand.
Safe seating is how they are spinning it. Clever.

DkExqysWsAAY1vF.jpg

Their seems to be quite a dip from the edge of the pitch towards the stands all the way around.......fricken weird

Where did you see this mate?

Looking at the seats around the bottom, you can see it has started.

Apparently Donna Cullen said the following by e-mail to an enquirer:
"Currently, we have future proofed 5000 in the lower section of the south stand and a section of the Away area. This home area was identified when we went on sale so that fans would be aware this may change to a 'safe standing' area.
We shall keep it under review but at present we don't have plans to future proof a larger area. The bars relate to 'safe standing' should the rules be changed. Until such time standing will not be permitted.
"

Which absolutely covers the club legally.

b4dc25e1-0a8c-48e8-9f5b-fcfc64e9af4f-original.jpeg

"Currently, we have future proofed 5000 in the lower section of the south stand and a section of the Away area. This home area was identified when we went on sale so that fans would be aware this may change to a 'safe standing' area.
We shall keep it under review but at present we don't have plans to future proof a larger area. The bars relate to 'safe standing' should the rules be changed. Until such time standing will not be permitted.
"

In reality, what they are saying is that, standing is not permitted, but we encourage you to do it there anyway. They could have not put in the safe standing bars, as it could easily have been installed later, but by putting it there from day one, it will encourage people to stand, and it will work as a proof of concept. Brilliant!

Ah, man, I'm on my fourth coffee this morning, and feeling a bit itchy, but I fudging CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS fudgeR FINISHED. Not sure what is going on here, but I'm posting it anyway.

v1pLCZn.jpg

"

b4dc25e1-0a8c-48e8-9f5b-fcfc64e9af4f-original.jpeg
Ah yes. Can see then now.

Thats a great photo. When that's all done I think I may just

OK... let's talk about something other than the transfer window

Looking at NWHL there are various areas that are a bit unusual... can someone be bothered to explain what is what in this image... click it to expand. Sorry it is huge but it needs to be huge to see the detail

Are 1 and 3 camera positions... why is 2 odd seating compared to either side?

I guess 4 disappeared due to fat fingers in the mighty MSPaint.

I guess 5 is a camera position... maybe 6 and 7 are the main camera positions, but why so huge, do they need all that?

Where will Levy sit, out of 8 9 10?

Is 11 the bench, with 12 the front bench for Pochettino? Is this also for the away team?

What is 13?

14 15 16 17 look like Press areas, but are they all the same, just Press?

18 is for cameras I guess, 19 is the TV studio for Gary Lineker et al

21 - we see the huge white "grass lights" framework, and a large triangular support thing attached. Fascinating. Apparently this will slide under the north stand when not in use. Similar to the one used at OWHL.

Don't ask me where 20 went.

22 is where the cognoscenti think a golden badger statue will appear

I noticed the blue glass going behind 24, not yet behind 23, indicating this might be quite an "open" backing, unless they put the veil/shuttering behind it?

8FOGyvP.jpg

8FOGyvP

Levy will sit at the front of the upper tier in the West Stand presumably, where you have marked 6

19 looks like the security office going by one of the fan videos posted on social media recently

12 and 13 look like home/away bench areas with 11 being for additional home staff seating id imagine - 10 being just premium seating area

23 is a crane m8...

Last edited:
I think 1 is posh seating, possibly for the Sky Lounge or Stratus as it's called now.

The area at the very front of 2, like 7, is a camera position.

Back