• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Easiest thing in the world for rival fans to stir up brown stuff. Likewise a genuine complaint can be too easily dismissed on the same pretext .

If complaint is genuine it's up to the authorities to investigate dispassionately. The legislation is in place so use it.

Meanwhile until a case is brought before a tribunal this whole thing should be treated as just a bit of brick stirring by rival scum.

Just watching "Upstart Crow". You sound like Will Shakespeare!

Looks like they're trying out the sprinklers on the pitch. Time lapse cameras seem to be down at the moment.

Qatar should hardly be the benchmark either. And there is nothing wrong with (valid) anonymous whistleblowing if through the right channels. Of which Construction News is clearly not one. This does just sound like someone (if indeed there is a real person behind it at all) having a moan or making bad press for the sake of it.

I would expect that we (Mace) have the right safeguards in place and I am sure that is the case. There is undoubtedly a lot of pressure - and maybe incentives - on the various firms involved to complete on time and that may lead to less then optimal procedures being followed by some. If someone is being asked/forced to work illegal or unsafe hours, then take it up with the firm doing the hiring (or don’t apply in the first place). But don’t try to pin it on the club.
If there was anything amiss then the HSE would be all over us like a rash. I am sure they keep tabs on huge projects such as this.
Mischief making, no more imo.

I don't believe it for a second. I have friend that work for MACE and they have been offered money to work longer hours with safe breaks but its not forced, many are happy to take the money. Sounds like stiring to me

Trump Stadium it is then
He'd be expecting us to pay him for using his name to market our stadium, but it would be the greatest stadium ever.

It also contradict the idea that we have one of the best stadia every, rather than an tacky building with his name on it. Trump should sponsor the Olympic Stadium, polishing a turd and golden showers all in one package.

images

I really love this brewery. I''ve always enjoyed their beers at the Ship (? near Charing X) and their bottled beers are better than most.

It also contradict the idea that we have one of the best stadia every, rather than an tacky building with his name on it. Trump should sponsor the Olympic Stadium, polishing a turd and golden showers all in one package.

I really love this brewery. I''ve always enjoyed their beers at the Ship (? near Charing X) and their bottled beers are better than most.

Ship and Shovell, right where I used to work. Apparently the only pub in London with 2 parts to it on either side of the street.

A song for our new home when top of the league. Ok its not great but the isralites bit is quite fitting. Gets coat and runs.......

A song for our new home when top of the league. Ok its not great but the isralites bit is quite fitting. Gets coat and runs.......

Israelites Yids..what is all this.I don't get it never have never will.
I support Tottenham Hotspur football club not a group of outside people attaching racial or religious connotations
to the club and waving
Israel flags..sorry,but,
It's time to scrap the Yid thing IMOpinion. What other fans do have
to be calling themselves yiddo just because that is what people like you keep peddling and others keep peddling?
Is it no wonder you don't see any kids anywhere up and down Britain in a Spurs shirt anymore.

I support Tottenham Hotspur football club not a group of outside people attaching racial or religious connotations
to the club and waving
Israel flags..sorry,but,
to be calling themselves yiddo just because that is what people like you keep peddling and others keep peddling?
Is it no wonder you don't see any kids anywhere up and down Britain in a Spurs shirt anymore.

I see plenty of kids in spurs shirts in Sussex and seen them in Devon. Saw a lad maybe 7 in Devon in a spurs shirt in April said to him "Baby yido" his dad smilled and nodded.

Yid army forever and fudge all the others, spurs till I die.

I see plenty of kids in spurs shirts in Sussex and seen them in Devon. Saw a lad maybe 7 in Devon in a spurs shirt in April said to him "Baby yido" his dad smilled and nodded.

Yid army forever and fudge all the others, spurs till I die.

Oh you've seen some in Sussex and Devon
Ha ha ...some ... So I take it you must be Jewish?

Oh you've seen some in Sussex and Devon
Ha ha ...some ... So I take it you must be Jewish?

Nope don't believe in fairy tales my mother was Catholic and she had me confirmed and sent me to Catholic school but I don't believe in GHod, I might not be intelligent but I am not stupid as you have to be to be religious.

You said you never see spurs shirts on kids round the country. Well you see them where I am just outside Brighton and I have seen them in Devon.

Guessing in the north it is likely to be more man u and Liverpool. But you do see children in spurs shirts.

to the club and waving
Israel flags..sorry,but,
Wont happen, especially if you're telling people to stop.

It’s a funny one really. I’ve been taking my nephew to WHL for the past few years. He is 13 now. He sings along with all the being a yid/Yiddo songs but I don’t think I have ever explained the history of that term (in a Spurs context) to him. And I don’t know whether I should although I probably will. By now it should be nothing more than a collective noun we use to describe ourselves, with pride. Or that others use to describe us, with disdain. Disdain is fine - same as we use the term ‘goons’ with disdain. But yid/Yiddo continues to have a certain edge, an insulting or abusive intent when directed against us (‘us’ as Spurs fans. I am not Jewish). Which means we will continue to use it as much in defence as anything else. It’s not going away, and I’m not sure that it should.

I might not be intelligent but I am not stupid as you have to be to be religious.

Mate, sorry, you're on really fvcking dodgy ground there! I'm not religous either and the concept of a GHod really doesn't correlate with the scientific evidence as far as I'm concerned. BUT.... none of the religous people I know could be considered "stupid". They tend to be on the upper reaches of the intelligence quotient and treat the rest of humanity with a bit of respect. Something maybe we could all learn from?

Back