• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

My plumbers sister's maid bought a new phone.

320px-Samsung_Logo.svg.png

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR STΛDIUM >>> SΛMSUNG STΛDIUM?

So do we think the club are just not able to find a sponsorship deal atm or is there perhaps some logic behind opening a ground sponsor free and it's by design?

Easy, we don't have one

Smart arse!! The point is that whatever offers from sponsors are on the table today, or whatever they would be willing to pay, are unlikely to materially increase over the next say year unless we won the league.

We're in our 3rd consecutive CL season, general positive vibe around the club given Poch and the young English core to the team...all great things to extract the best price from a sponsor. In a years' time, what will have strengthened that? It feels like there' greater potential for us to be less attractive to sponsors in a years' time rather than more attractive

Plus waiting a year costs us one years' sponsorship cash

So do we think the club are just not able to find a sponsorship deal atm or is there perhaps some logic behind opening a ground sponsor free and it's by design?

I think we probably could get a sponsor but it may not be what Levy thinks the naming rights are worth. I feel like we may not necessarily get much better than this but Levy knows far more about business than me (and may be more optimistic about the team's prospects!) so I trust him with that.

Has there been official confirmation then that we won't be going in with a stadium sponsor for this season then?

I think we probably could get a sponsor but it may not be what Levy thinks the naming rights are worth. I feel like we may not necessarily get much better than this but Levy knows far more about business than me (and may be more optimistic about the team's prospects!) so I trust him with that.

Has there been official confirmation then that we won't be going in with a stadium sponsor for this season then?

Not quite, there was an announcement of sorts a little while ago that we weren't reliant on a sponsorship deal to finance the build, i just wondered whether this 'stadiim branding' announcement perhaps pointed to us planning for a season without one.

I don't fully remember the finer details of Arsenals stadium move but i don't recall them pushing the Ashburton Grove name in the same manner - seems quite a unique approach and i wonder what that means with regards to any future naming rights deal.

Last edited:
Not quite, there was an announcement of sorts a little while ago that we weren't reliant on a sponsorship deal to finance the build, i just wondered whether this 'stadiim branding' announcement perhaps pointed to us planning for a season without one.

I don't fully remember the finer details of Arsenals stadium move but i don't recall them pushing the Ashburton Grove name in the same manner - seems quite a unique approach and i wonder what that means with regards to any future naming rights deal.
Arsenal were in desperate need for cash, and thus accepted a deal worth much less than what they could have got.

I think we probably could get a sponsor but it may not be what Levy thinks the naming rights are worth.

What's going to cause the price which sponsors are willing to pay to increase though? It won't be Spurs related given we're already in the CL and have been for 3 yeras on the trot. My only thought is that Levy thinks that the NFL exposure and the audiences which that puts the stadium in front of isn't currently reflected in the sponsorship offers, but that once people see the TV audiences for NFL games next year then the amount we can get increases

Or it doesn't fit with our profile/values, which Levy said was also an important criteria.

When Ashley was reberanding St James all the talk was you get paid more if the stadium had never had another name as it is always associated Leicester is always Walkers

Great spot on the font though seems likely to be Nike

What's going to cause the price which sponsors are willing to pay to increase though? It won't be Spurs related given we're already in the CL and have been for 3 yeras on the trot. My only thought is that Levy thinks that the NFL exposure and the audiences which that puts the stadium in front of isn't currently reflected in the sponsorship offers, but that once people see the TV audiences for NFL games next year then the amount we can get increases

I think that's very likely to be at the root of any potential delay and i also wonder whether we are trying to get 'Tottenham Hotspur' to feature in future branding of the stadium post naming rights - will push the clubs image further if the NFL is to be broadcast around the world from 'Naming Rights @ Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' rather than just plain old Naming Rights Stadium

So if there is nothing to say that we are waiting a year to name the stadium, isnt it a bit of a moot point? Reading all the replies on here I was thinking Spurs had come out with a statement. Looking at the font I also think it is Nike.

Back