• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Any news on the sponsorship? I guess they would wait to announce anything till nearer the beginning of the season/our opening game but I haven't really seen many rumours about it.

Any news on the sponsorship? I guess they would wait to announce anything till nearer the beginning of the season/our opening game but I haven't really seen many rumours about it.

I've not read anything since the Audi rumour a fortnight or so ago. Maybe we'll wait till after the world cup when it might get noticed?

X2CnZlq.jpg
I hope it is well reinforced; presuming a LOT of blokes are going to stand on that shelf and proclaim "I stood on the shelf". What are the brackets for, torpedoes?

Its almost laughable they are calling it the shelf anyway. You can see its bricks from the update to the East Stand from Worcestor Avenue so has not actually to do with the Shelf as that was destroyed when they updated the East Stand even though they left a little bit of the terracing behind.

That being said though. The inside of our stadium looks much better than most. A reason reason to come in hours before the game and stay until it starts and stay after as well. With nice restaurants and breweries and not the normal swill they serve us.

On a related note. The new South Stand. Would be nice if that was called the Shelf. I know its not the same side etc but it would be nice to resurrect that name and it be part of the new stadium going forward.

Its almost laughable they are calling it the shelf anyway. You can see its bricks from the update to the East Stand from Worcestor Avenue so has not actually to do with the Shelf as that was destroyed when they updated the East Stand even though they left a little bit of the terracing behind.

That being said though. The inside of our stadium looks much better than most. A reason reason to come in hours before the game and stay until it starts and stay after as well. With nice restaurants and breweries and not the normal swill they serve us.

On a related note. The new South Stand. Would be nice if that was called the Shelf. I know its not the same side etc but it would be nice to resurrect that name and it be part of the new stadium going forward.

The east stand is often referred to the shelf in all new marketing for the be stadium

The east stand is often referred to the shelf in all new marketing for the be stadium

That is a shame. The East side of the new Stadium is not going to be the Hub of the singing. Its obviously going to be the new South Stand. And it looks like a massive shelf so would fit a lot better.

for them using the east stand to refer to it as the Shelf just shows they do not know the history correctly.

That is a shame. The East side of the new Stadium is not going to be the Hub of the singing. Its obviously going to be the new South Stand. And it looks like a massive shelf so would fit a lot better.

for them using the east stand to refer to it as the Shelf just shows they do not know the history correctly.

Sorry mate the south stand is often referred to "the wall of sound" ... they got a cheese room to accommodate to these levels

I thought the yellow brick exterior of the East Stand dates back to the days of the shelf?
you may be right. My memory is a little hazy. I seem to remember them keeping the bricks up where the boxes started and then replacing the rest. But I might be wrong.

But my main point was that the rear wall of the East Stand is not the shelf anyway. It was the terracing slabs not the bricks of the whole stand. Its not like the Kop, where the whole
stand was considered the Shelf. It was just the middle tier of standing. It was only in later years after they basically removed it for the boxes that the lower tier started to sing "shelf side" even though technically it was wrong.

you may be right. My memory is a little hazy. I seem to remember them keeping the bricks up where the boxes started and then replacing the rest. But I might be wrong.

But my main point was that the rear wall of the East Stand is not the shelf anyway. It was the terracing slabs not the bricks of the whole stand. Its not like the Kop, where the whole
stand was considered the Shelf. It was just the middle tier of standing. It was only in later years after they basically removed it for the boxes that the lower tier started to sing "shelf side" even though technically it was wrong.

The shelf is from before my time mate so im certainly not speaking with authority on the matter - though i don't see anything wrong in using the bricks from the stand/side known by nickname as The Shelf Side in this way - even though i understand what you're saying re the actual shelf being different to The East Stand itself

Well I can remember driving past it one evening around Christmas time in the 60s, my first "visit" to The Lane. Remember thinking at the time that it looked like a factory but it's a memory that's stuck and the reason I had a tear in my eye when that rainbow appeared on the last day.

In fairness to the club, the East Stand in this new stadium follows some very similar lines and shapes to our more recent East Stands/Shelf-side. There IS a small "shelf" of seating, and whilst it certainly is not the old AL-designed OG Shelf (on which I had a season-ticket) I think it is a key part of making the new stadium unique and not just another, cookie-cutter bowl a la the deathstar. It is a proper stand with proper angles! I think they have every tight to continue the association. As for the South Stand being the singing hub, over the decades that has always seemed to be, even when the Paxton was our "home end" many many years ago. Even the last twenty year+, with the Paxton being our home end and the Park Lane split, the noise always came from the Park Lane. I think they have it right.

So at this moment (06:00) they're spreading some black sh!t over the NFL pitch! What's that all about?

And now they appear to be hoovering it up!?!?

(Shows as 05:00 on the timelapse photos - Time Lapse Two).

So at this moment (06:00) they're spreading some black sh!t over the NFL pitch! What's that all about?

And now they appear to be hoovering it up!?!?

(Shows as 05:00 on the timelapse photos - Time Lapse Two).

3g-pitch.jpg

Helps support the blades of "grass" and gives it a more natural bounce.

Back