• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Agree on The Billy Nicholson Stand but for the others, who to choose from these?

JImmy Greaves
Dave Mackay
Danny Blanchflower
Glen Hoddle
Ledley King
Paul Gascoigne
Pat Jennings
Ossie Ardiles
Cliff Jones
John White
Stevie Perryman
Gary Mabbutt

Those are all within living memory but some very big names have been left out like Martin Chivers, Gary Lineker, Jurgen Klinsmann, Gareth Bale etc etc.

Not easy!

I would call the big stand the billy nich and then I probably would leave it at that. Show that you have to be truly special to get a stand named after you. If we win league titles and Kane stays and becomes an all time top scorer I would say he would deserve it, but you have to be special.

I would call the big stand the billy nich and then I probably would leave it at that. Show that you have to be truly special to get a stand named after you. If we win league titles and Kane stays and becomes an all time top scorer I would say he would deserve it, but you have to be special.
Never call a building after a living person, in case they turn out to be a paedo.

The beast from the east might cause a few delays this week:mad:

Was thinking the same earlier. We don't really want the Rochdale game postponed at all but given the trains will be disrupted and ice on roads, pavements, walkways (and inside the stadium as well?) etc, you could well believe that it might be cancelled even if the pitch is entirely playable

I am a little disappointed we can not name stands after famous figures from our past.

The problem is that it limits to four. How many do we leave open for future success?

Agree on The Billy Nicholson Stand but for the others, who to choose from these?

Exactly, after Nicholson the choices are not so clear. If based on managers I could accept Rowe and Nicholson. But say Pochettino can deliver success and becomes the third, that leaves only one. It could well be enough, but with any ambition we should want more managers challenging during the life of the stadium.

Never call a building after a living person, in case they turn out to be a paedo.

There is that [omit jokes about Arsenal being ahead of the game].

Was thinking the same earlier. We don't really want the Rochdale game postponed at all but given the trains will be disrupted and ice on roads, pavements, walkways (and inside the stadium as well?) etc, you could well believe that it might be cancelled even if the pitch is entirely playable
At this distance the Met Office Wembley forecast for Wed afternoon and evening could be worse. They're saying a 10% chance of snow showers and temp of -2 at 6pm, falling to -3 by midnight. The more general snowfall if it comes at all is not expected until Thursday pm / Friday.

Wind chill will no doubt make it brass monkeys Wed night but if that forecast is correct then the game should go ahead.

JImmy Greaves
Dave Mackay
Danny Blanchflower
Glen Hoddle
Ledley King
Paul Gascoigne
Pat Jennings
Ossie Ardiles
Cliff Jones
John White
Stevie Perryman
Gary Mabbutt

Those are all within living memory but some very big names have been left out like Martin Chivers, Gary Lineker, Jurgen Klinsmann, Gareth Bale etc etc.

Not easy!
You’ve left one absolutely sexy legend out. Disappointed.

Back