• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

There does actually seem to be a bit more filling of those corners going on

6tA1IQ3.jpg

Not saying GB is wrong but you might want to fact check as he has been known to embellish facts :)

FWIW...

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/super_bowl_myth_exposed_these.html

The Super Bowl for decades has been the most-watch sporting event in the U.S., but NFL viewership is greatly outpaced globally by FIFA, the UEFA and cricket.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/05/these-global-sporting-events-totally-dwarf-the-super-bowl/

Yet while the Super Bowl may be the supreme spectacle on the American calendar, in terms of viewers, it barely holds a candle to these other recent sporting events

Question on the quality of the turf as I’ve just watched the latest update regarding the pitch trays.

We always had one of the nicest pitches at WHL. We’ll be retracting the pitch in and out depending on NFL and maybe other factors. Does this improve our ability to keep it as nice as possible? Hinder it? (I’m thinking maybe being able to control the lighting, heat etc would that help?) or does closing it away from natural light make it more difficult?

And has there been any discussion on how the quality of the pitch will compare to Wembley? Before our recent good run there was talk of Wembley being slower...any chatter on whether new WHL will be similar?

Question on the quality of the turf as I’ve just watched the latest update regarding the pitch trays.

We always had one of the nicest pitches at WHL. We’ll be retracting the pitch in and out depending on NFL and maybe other factors. Does this improve our ability to keep it as nice as possible? Hinder it? (I’m thinking maybe being able to control the lighting, heat etc would that help?) or does closing it away from natural light make it more difficult?

And has there been any discussion on how the quality of the pitch will compare to Wembley? Before our recent good run there was talk of Wembley being slower...any chatter on whether new WHL will be similar?
I worry for the worms and earth insects that will be digging down into the ground and bang, they hit loads of metal. Poor insects.

Yeah - I'm sure there was going to be loads of drug dealer UV loft lights fitted under New Park Lane

Also it will only be going away for 3-4 hours every couple of weeks, so shouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah - I'm sure there was going to be loads of drug dealer UV loft lights fitted under New Park Lane

Also it will only be going away for 3-4 hours every couple of weeks, so shouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

I can't see them only rolling out the pitch for 3-4 hours - probably be the best part of a day. Plus if they have the option of using grow lights (like those used at WHL) then it opens up further possibilities for events to be used as we aren't hamstrung by the pitches requirements to be out in the open

The pitch will only be rolled away when necessary - around and on NFL game days and the same for concerts and the like. The pitch will spend most of the time out in the open, like any other pitch. Splitting the pitch should be done as little as possible.

The pitch will only be rolled away when necessary - around and on NFL game days and the same for concerts and the like. The pitch will spend most of the time out in the open, like any other pitch. Splitting the pitch should be done as little as possible.

If we hold concerts and the like the pitch will need to be away for a whole day at least and potentially a whole weekend - pitch wont just be rolled out for the time the event takes place it's all the prep work that will take time. If we haven't allowed for this then it's a mistake (from where im looking anyway) as it limits the stadiums multi use

If we hold concerts and the like the pitch will need to be away for a whole day at least and potentially a whole weekend - pitch wont just be rolled out for the time the event takes place it's all the prep work that will take time. If we haven't allowed for this then it's a mistake (from where im looking anyway) as it limits the stadiums multi use

Thought the whole design was built around a concept of having football and NFl on at the same day back to back so it moves super quick 920 minutes I have in my head)

Thought the whole design was built around a concept of having football and NFl on at the same day back to back so it moves super quick 920 minutes I have in my head)

It will take 25 minutes to switch between pitches apparently.

Edit - I can see you meant (20, rather than 920!

It will take 25 minutes to switch between pitches apparently.

Edit - I can see you meant (20, rather than 920!
I can imagine the pitch sliding taking only 25 minutes, so going from football mode to NFL mode in only 25 minutes is quite likely. This also works in terms of the potential of hosting the two events on the same day, with the time difference working in our favour so that the NFL match would take place after any football match.

I cannot see a 25 minute turnaround the other way however. While the act of sliding the pitch will only take that long I would imagine that it would be necessary for there having to be some extra activity to ensure that the 3 sections of turf knit back together properly. Obviously I have no idea on the length of time that takes, but if I were a betting man I would say that the pitch is always likely to come out at least 3 days before a game and the longer it is in place the better.

NFL is just one aspect - amything that will require seating/standing on the ground will presumably need a lot more time

25 minutes? those big pads the nfl players wear would take that long to put on.

Imagine Poch telling the lads, shower at home guys the is another lot in after us.

Back