• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Can't wait any longer, finally getting to my first game at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium :) against Fulham next Monday night.
So a few questions, any info much appreciated.
Ticket is in my Google wallet, never used wallet before, do we just scan it at the turnstile /gate?

Ticket supposedly includes three free drinks, some kind of food and a programme. Although I didn't know that when I bought the tickets. Are they on the qr code thingy?
Want to purchase some merchandise at the store beforehand, I assume it will be OK to take into the stadium?

We will be seated in the south stand and in a bar before and probably after the match if anyone wants to meet for a beer ;).

Can't wait any longer, finally getting to my first game at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium :) against Fulham next Monday night.
Ticket is in my Google wallet, never used wallet before, do we just scan it at the turnstile /gate?

Ticket supposedly includes three free drinks, some kind of food and a programme. Although I didn't know that when I bought the tickets. Are they on the qr code thingy?
Want to purchase some merchandise at the store beforehand, I assume it will be OK to take into the stadium?

We will be seated in the south stand and in a bar before and probably after the match if anyone wants to meet for a beer ;).

Awesome, welcome and enjoy

- Yes, just load ticket in wallet, pull it up and scan on turnstile
- Merch from store will be put in a see-through Spurs bag that is allowed in stadium (assuming you don't buy too much)
- Sounds like a hospitality ticket, free food is usually pre-game (just walk up and take in your area), free drinks usually half time but maybe different where you are.

Would say hello but in different section

Awesome, welcome and enjoy

- Yes, just load ticket in wallet, pull it up and scan on turnstile
- Merch from store will be put in a see-through Spurs bag that is allowed in stadium (assuming you don't buy too much)
- Sounds like a hospitality ticket, free food is usually pre-game (just walk up and take in your area), free drinks usually half time but maybe different where you are.

Would say hello but in different section

Cheers, we're buzzing, it's the end of a hectic social weekend.

Enjoy! So wish I was there for that match too.

I was confused by scanning the tickets at first. There’s a contactless receiver on the top of the turnstiles, just touch your phone on there. I didn’t find that obvious (though in hindsight it is very obvious) and tried to use the ticket just under the top part, but that’s actually a QR code scanner. You can use that if you switch the ticket to a QR code.

Just to add to the other replies, your ticket will be scanned twice. Once by staff with manual scanners at the bottom of the steps before you get up to the stadium-level exterior, and then as said, you scan your ticket at the barrier on entry to the stadium. The manual scanners need you to have the QR code showing (unless that's just an iphone thing).

If you are South Stand it sounds like you might have an 1882 ticket, which has its own bar area. I guess someone on the door will just check your ticket to make sure you are entitled to go in there.

They are pretty strict on bag sizes (merchandise has its own bag so should be OK) and I doubt I have been to a single game without seeing someone getting directed to the bag drop because they have a rucksack or bigger-than-A4 bag, so bear that in mind as the bag drop costs about a tenner and the queues are always long after the game.

Enjoy!!

Just to add to the other replies, your ticket will be scanned twice. Once by staff with manual scanners at the bottom of the steps before you get up to the stadium-level exterior, and then as said, you scan your ticket at the barrier on entry to the stadium. The manual scanners need you to have the QR code showing (unless that's just an iphone thing).

If you are South Stand it sounds like you might have an 1882 ticket, which has its own bar area. I guess someone on the door will just check your ticket to make sure you are entitled to go in there.

They are pretty strict on bag sizes (merchandise has its own bag so should be OK) and I doubt I have been to a single game without seeing someone getting directed to the bag drop because they have a rucksack or bigger-than-A4 bag, so bear that in mind as the bag drop costs about a tenner and the queues are always long after the game.

Enjoy!!

Pretty sure it's always QR for the first check then either QR on the turnstile scanner or the contactless thing on the turnstile to get in, the contactless bit on the turnstile is a nice touch, wish we could use that on the first check too.

I always cringe when I walk past the bag drop, there's always a huge queue up until kick off!

Enjoy!!

Thanks,
1882 sounds familiar, but can't find it on confirmation email.
Don't have to stay in there though do we, can circulate around the stadium, is that right?

Not taking a bag, just to much hassle, just hoping it's not to wet walking up from seven sisters tube.

Want experience everything we can.

Thanks,
1882 sounds familiar, but can't find it on confirmation email.
Don't have to stay in there though do we, can circulate around the stadium, is that right?

Not taking a bag, just to much hassle, just hoping it's not to wet walking up from seven sisters tube.

Want experience everything we can.

Pretty much, you can walk around most of the stadium once you're in, we always enter by the North but walk around and exit via the South most games.

I’m flying out to Denmark that night so my godson has my ticket
Otherwise I’d have grabbed that beer and a hello
Are you in the 1882?

Enjoy enjoy enjoy....its a proper stadium, I love it for games TBH, the food and drink offering is top level too IMO

If you plan on buying stuff in the shop, AND explore the stadium before kick off, you need a LOT of time! An absolute minimum is 2 hours before kick off, and I recon even that is going to be hectic. Last time I was there, I arrived outside an hour before kick off, and barely made it in to have a beer in time for kick off.

I think we are in 1882, but I will be circulating and trying to see as much as possible.

Was a couple of years ago I was in that bar, it looks out across the stadium from the corner of the south and east stands. Lovely place to have a pint. You'll have a great time! It is worth going a little early, walk all the way to the top of the stand get some photos, enjoy a pie and pint etc. Can always order things from the shop online and save you carrying them around.

Was a couple of years ago I was in that bar, it looks out across the stadium from the corner of the south and east stands. Lovely place to have a pint. You'll have a great time! It is worth going a little early, walk all the way to the top of the stand get some photos, enjoy a pie and pint etc. Can always order things from the shop online and save you carrying them around.

Got all day so going to get there about 5ish, hit the shop and soak some atmosphere outside.
In for a beer and a something to eat,
Then a wander around doing the tourist stuff of pics and vids :rolleyes:, hopefully meet a few fellow ggers and then watch us return to our rightfully place at the top of the league.

I don’t know how much time you have in London, but I wouldn’t go near the shop on a match day. If you have a spare day, do the Stadium tour and shop then. The tour is great and the shop will be practically empty.

Unfortunately it's only one day in London, we're stopping off overnight on the way home from Brighton.

Back