• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I would say that the Stadium deal would be huge, biggest in UK

Except maybe the climate has changed and companies are spending their millions on social media and other areas now? I think Levy is hopeful that the Americian football exposure will mean we get a big deal in the end. And its not just football, rugby, potentially concernts etc.

But if naming a building is only worth $5-$10m per year now to corporates, would we bother?

Except maybe the climate has changed and companies are spending their millions on social media and other areas now? I think Levy is hopeful that the Americian football exposure will mean we get a big deal in the end. And its not just football, rugby, potentially concernts etc.

I think the stadium rights are heavily linked to the NFL coming to London, could easily see it being an American company announced as sponsors in time for the first game on October 6th.

I work in marketing so I understand where you are coming from but that works in our favour anyway. By sponsoring Spurs stadium you gain access to all the social media channels linked to the stadium which will be more than any stadium in the world due to the multi purpose nature. For example, the name of your company will be pumped through Spurs social media and every media outlet when we play (Millions of views) then when the NFL play you will gain access to the social media of the NFL official social media and the team playing. If a Springsteen played at the Stadium there is 1.2m followers that would see your name via that channel. So its not just a flat traditional name on stadium of the past its the avenues that opens both in the traditional sense and the modern sense.

I think the stadium rights are heavily linked to the NFL coming to London, could easily see it being an American company announced as sponsors in time for the first game on October 6th.

I think that would mean keeping it as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the year under FA/UEFA rules - i.e. you can't change it mid-season, so teams don't say start selling weekly naming rights.

I think that would mean keeping it as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the year under FA/UEFA rules - i.e. you can't change it mid-season, so teams don't say start selling weekly naming rights.

Forgot about the date needing to be pre-season, the NFL season starts 6th August maybe announce it then but I think it will be linked to the NFL

I work in marketing so I understand where you are coming from but that works in our favour anyway. By sponsoring Spurs stadium you gain access to all the social media channels linked to the stadium which will be more than any stadium in the world due to the multi purpose nature. For example, the name of your company will be pumped through Spurs social media and every media outlet when we play (Millions of views) then when the NFL play you will gain access to the social media of the NFL official social media and the team playing. If a Springsteen played at the Stadium there is 1.2m followers that would see your name via that channel. So its not just a flat traditional name on stadium of the past its the avenues that opens both in the traditional sense and the modern sense.

Send Levy your CV.

Probably. Although this is the big deal (£40m a year). The stadium (max £20m a year) could be a later smaller announcement to spread out the PR.

They'd want their name on everything in the stadium from tickets to toilets. There isn't time to do that for the new season from now. It looks like a new company but also that we are a way off.

They'd want their name on everything in the stadium from tickets to toilets. There isn't time to do that for the new season from now. It looks like a new company but also that we are a way off.

That stuff can be turned around in no time at all.

I doubt it. We're probably asking for that but it will be devalued slightly by us all still calling it the Lane.

Naming rights at Spurs based on what else is out there is worth around 17.5-20m a year if not slightly more, global naming right deals for stadiums is a multi billion pound industry still and the HUGE tick in our column is the global appeal generated with the NFL, you can not underestimate that, we will be double dipping into three or four markets where other stadiums dip into one.

Naming rights at Spurs based on what else is out there is worth around 17.5-20m a year if not slightly more, global naming right deals for stadiums is a multi billion pound industry still and the HUGE tick in our column is the global appeal generated with the NFL, you can not underestimate that, we will be double dipping into three or four markets where other stadiums dip into one.

There's certainly multiple factors in play. The US audience will definitely help push the price up.

There's certainly multiple factors in play. The US audience will definitely help push the price up.

Sponsors pay for air time, its a huge part of any deal. I worked on a deal to sponsor a golfer and the price goes up based on their profile for sure but the knock on to that is how much air time will that golfer get for being on TV or appearing on multiple channels, be that TV or media. The same applies here, Spurs have a stadium that due to the multi purpose nature will have more air time than any other in the UK if not globally baseball due to the vast number of games they have. This increase in air time and the wider audience that being a US team hub as well as a premier league hub makes the price HUGE in sponsorship terms.

Sponsors pay for air time, its a huge part of any deal. I worked on a deal to sponsor a golfer and the price goes up based on their profile for sure but the knock on to that is how much air time will that golfer get for being on TV or appearing on multiple channels, be that TV or media. The same applies here, Spurs have a stadium that due to the multi purpose nature will have more air time than any other in the UK if not globally baseball due to the vast number of games they have. This increase in air time and the wider audience that being a US team hub as well as a premier league hub makes the price HUGE in sponsorship terms.

Good point and the old stadium name baggage doesn't apply in the US. I suppose the question is how many NFL games are we going to host?

Baseball?

I'm pretty sure Mike Ashley changed St James' Park to SportsDirect.Com@StJamesPark during mid season?

Back