• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I know what you mean walking down the High st i really did feel at home, the buildings/shops/pubs were all there and it was a complete change from what i felt going to Wembley. The ground is obviously different but it still made me feel and remember all the great players and games i was lucky enough to have watched there.

Ghosts of players past? memories of the great nights under the lights? and they were all there. Over 24 hours later and i am still buzzing.

A lot of the places have “gentrified” themselves with a lick of paint and some new branding

They do need to invest in the train side as that was awful

This is where I imagine a combination of the cameras in the stadium, electronic ticketing and the cashless nature of the place (allowing for timestamps and unique IDs) can be combined to make data-driven identification of nobs pretty easy with the right data analytics tools. Just going off what little I know of security systems in place in Dubai and elsewhere.

Dunno if we have that sort of joined-up real time security in place, but if we do, I suspect anyone who tries smashing up our place will have an unpleasant surprise in store for then.

They will have stewards in the toilets with cameras

Their much larger spaces than they used to be abs as such easier to have people “hang around”

A lot of the places have “gentrified” themselves with a lick of paint and some new branding

They do need to invest in the train side as that was awful

It was, but its always been a pain over the last few seasons. Lets hope they get that act together before to long.

The new White Hart Lane station is due to open later this year. Hopefully they will add some extra trains into the mix, rather than just having a shiny new building and longer platforms

It was unfortunate that a damaged track during the afternoon caused problems with trains on the way home.
However it was good to see that the ticker inside the ground at half time and during the second half was pointing out the disruption as well as possible alternative routes. Although I think a lot of fans missed this.

I know what you mean walking down the High st i really did feel at home, the buildings/shops/pubs were all there and it was a complete change from what i felt going to Wembley. The ground is obviously different but it still made me feel and remember all the great players and games i was lucky enough to have watched there.

Ghosts of players past? memories of the great nights under the lights? and they were all there. Over 24 hours later and i am still buzzing.

I hope best kebab is still at seven sisters. I've been getting too skinny these past two years so need a fill of dirty burgers

I also miss the record shop there that I've never bought anything from, but love the vibe

West Ham fans are apparently really looking forward to smashing up the stadium when they visit.
Such a small time attitude, but at the same time I hope the club are prepared for this and have plans in place to deal with any such attempts.

It's pathetic. I've read in the past that we had an agreement with Arse that the visiting club paid for damages caused by their own fans. Sounds like something all clubs should do and, most importantly, make sure everyone knows it. There will still be people dumb enough I guess.

It's pathetic. I've read in the past that we had an agreement with Arse that the visiting club paid for damages caused by their own fans. Sounds like something all clubs should do and, most importantly, make sure everyone knows it. There will still be people dumb enough I guess.

I tinkled on Highbury once. Never got a bill.

Ahh, I've missed hearing it. But please, now is the time for 'Paxton' and 'West side' to commit into the chant for full 360° unison in the stadium. Our vocal mexican wave.

There were attempts to join in from the Paxton but they were always drowned out by the Shelf and Park Lane. I’m hoping when the stand is full that will be different.

The new White Hart Lane station is due to open later this year. Hopefully they will add some extra trains into the mix, rather than just having a shiny new building and longer platforms

I spoke to a guy at the station who works there and he said that he isn’t aware of when the work is starting

Ahh, I've missed hearing it. But please, now is the time for 'Paxton' and 'West side' to commit into the chant for full 360° unison in the stadium. Our vocal mexican wave.

"Can you sit down please, sit down please, sit down please, Tottenham."
"Can you stop singing, stop singing,
stop singing, Tottenham."

There were attempts to join in from the Paxton but they were always drowned out by the Shelf and Park Lane. I’m hoping when the stand is full that will be different.

Yep, it would take some practice/restraint from the other end to let it play out. Trying to address it early doors would be key, it's just always felt like it could be so much more.

This has always been an issue, with Paxton seen as being too controlled/lazy/etc, but I'd love to see an effort made going forward to bring fresh noise into the stadium.

I just realised it's just another week and we open officially against Palace! I had somehow thought it was a week and then some days after we had played Pool. Damn! Can't bloody fudging wait to hear the white wall in full voice! :D

Sadly this was always too true. Whenever you started trying to sing in the Paxton you’d get such an evil look. I would rant to myself in frustration that others wouldn’t join in with the singing.

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time believing the people that says it feels just like the old white Hart Lane, but there's so many people saying it I'm starting to hope. I won't believe it before I'm there though. It looks a bit too big and not quite as intimate on the pictures, but the intimacy of WHL was pretty impossible to capture on camera as well, so I'm hopeful. :D

Mate. It is a jedi-trick but it is real.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back