• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

Another team has caused us problems by playing a system where they’re happy to let our two centre backs have the ball, that allows them to get tight to everyone else. I suspect all teams will do this now.
It can work against us but we can play out of it or the fullback come central
neither did that much at all today
one positive is that Ange can see how Robinson plays for them and him or Doughty would imo be brilliant signings to alternate with Destiny (possibly At Noury at wolves too but I’m not sure about his defending, Robinson’s is top drawer and he is HG)

It can work against us but we can play out of it or the fullback come central
neither did that much at all today
one positive is that Ange can see how Robinson plays for them and him or Doughty would imo be brilliant signings to alternate with Destiny (possibly At Noury at wolves too but I’m not sure about his defending, Robinson’s is top drawer and he is HG)
Teams are no longer pressing our two CBs, meaning they can go man for man with the rest of our team and still have players spare to cover as well. Previously our CBs were inviting the opposition in to the press and then we’d pass it round them, finding our fullbacks in central positions to get on the ball and hurt the oppositio. Teams are no longer performing that press on the two CBs.

iMO our CBs are going to have to start to carry the ball well into the opposition’s half, forcing the opposition to commit a player and freeing space for one of our creative players.

Only saw the first half and tbf I don’t think we played that badly, both teams had decent chances, I’d say they shaded it but we could have scored at least two goals with the chances we had. Must say I’m kind of glad we can forget about this scoring in every game record. It doesn’t mean anything unless you achieve something at the end of it. Arsenal won the league during their spell of scoring every game.

Not much to say TBH, too much hysteria around it all at the minute. All told they were just better and worked harder IMO, too many 2/10s today for us to realistically get anything from the game. Have to say I agreed with Ange post game comments about the narratives written around the club and the fans fall into that too, this is and has to be a longer plan than what the achievements of 4th v 5th are for Spurs, we need to be aiming higher.

Hard word beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.....

Last edited:
Prepare for further disappointment people. We are not catching Villa for fourth and I reckon Yanited will over take us for fifth as well. Don't forget we have Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Cheat$ki away, plus the Scum at home to come and the Spammers away as well.

Prepare for further disappointment people. We are not catching Villa for fourth and I reckon Yanited will over take us for fifth as well. Don't forget we have Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Cheat$ki away, plus the Scum at home to come and the Spammers away as well.
You may be right but United and Villa will also drop lots more points. The standard required to reach 4th is nowhere near as high as we sometimes think. Villa have to play the top 3 as well while United’s results are better than their performances and that will catch up with them in games they expect to win.

I always take a look at the național teams. They know their players for a long time. There is a reason why Richarlison is starting ahead of Jesus. There is also a reason why Bissouma and Sarr where reserves în the African Nations.

Bissouma I agree with. My main target this summer would be a starting CM.

Reactions: jrh
How do you mean poor work in progress??
An entirely new style of play has been implemented quickly with a lot of new young players being used. Fighting for 4th with a distinct style implemented is way ahead of what I (and I suspect most fans) expected.
Don't know what happened when replying phone wouldn't respond, totally get the new style etc. just very disappointed in the manner we got beat.
I appreciate we are a work in progress and it will have it's downsides (not totally convinced this way of playing will be a success by the way) but this current first 11 are a very good side when 'on it'.
To think we've somehow beaten Liverpool and United at home, drawn away at Arsenal, City and United which is very rare in a Spurs season only to lose against Wolves twice, West Ham and now Fulham. Decent sides but beatable.
Frustrated as without Europe and early exits in both cups I genuinely thought we could sneak a challenge for the title. Stupid I know, should know better etc. however you add those dropped points to our total and the 2 v Everton and we'd be right in the mix with the top 3 still to play.
And before anyone replies with 'yes but we got points in games with late winners or in games we didn't deserve to' that's the same for all the teams competing at the top.

Only saw the first half and tbf I don’t think we played that badly, both teams had decent chances, I’d say they shaded it but we could have scored at least two goals with the chances we had. Must say I’m kind of glad we can forget about this scoring in every game record. It doesn’t mean anything unless you achieve something at the end of it. Arsenal won the league during their spell of scoring every game.
We got worse, much worse in the 2nd half. It's true we had chances to score, but even then they also missed a couple of sitters. It was a very bad day at the office and we got exactly what our play deserved in the end.

Last edited:
Heard it so many times now from so many players. Completely meaningless.
'We go again' will always be my favourite:D

To be fair to the players, after a defeat they can't win. Don't say anything and there will be people complaining about that, do say something and it's just empty words.

Let's just hope they do their talking on the pitch vs Luton....

Last edited:

It will be devastating to not get CL after the start we had.

I don’t think it will be - certainly not for me. A bit disappointing maybe but not devastating.
It will probably lower our transfer budget, and it reduces our chances of recruiting the very best players. So it wouldn’t be great.

It will probably lower our transfer budget, and it reduces our chances of recruiting the very best players. So it wouldn’t be great.
Personally, I had no expectation of reaching top 4 this season. Ange inherited a very broken club who sold our best player - arguably our best player of all time.

Our start was dreamland stuff. Everything went our way. 10 games unbeaten and Robbie Williams and The Fonz loving Ange. It was never sustainable. For me, we still have to view the season as a whole based on where we started from. In that context, Ange gets top 6, he’s done well especially given how he’s got the whole club pulling in the same direction playing good football.

It’d be very harsh to have a go at Ange in any way because he’s failed to live up to elevated expectations that his own great management helped to create.

Personally, I had no expectation of reaching top 4 this season. Ange inherited a very broken club who sold our best player - arguably our best player of all time.

Our start was dreamland stuff. Everything went our way. 10 games unbeaten and Robbie Williams and The Fonz loving Ange. It was never sustainable. For me, we still have to view the season as a whole based on where we started from. In that context, Ange gets top 6, he’s done well especially given how he’s got the whole club pulling in the same direction playing good football.

It’d be very harsh to have a go at Ange in any way because he’s failed to live up to elevated expectations that his own great management helped to create.

Same, at the start of the season.

Then we got ourselves in a position that no team has ever failed to convert into CL qualification.

Then we put in performances like yesterday.

I’m fed up.

To be fair to the players, after a defeat they can't win. Don't say anything and there will be people complaining about that, do say something and it's just empty words.

I'd much rather a strong and level response, none of this 'everyone is really sad, Timo and Brennan could have scored, boo hoo' glum, soft stuff.

Just own the poor performance with your chest out, maybe identify how you as captain are going to try and ensure it won't happen again next game. Then get out of my sight.

And the club being “delighted” at every single signing, managerial appointment, sponsorship deal, new kit announcement etc. Have they heard of a thesaurus 😂

Back