• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

I always take a look at the național teams. They know their players for a long time. There is a reason why Richarlison is starting ahead of Jesus. There is also a reason why Bissouma and Sarr where reserves în the African Nations.

a thrashing? ..lol.. its now time for spurzy to emerge innit!

CoySpurs......
I was right.. off course...sadly.
There is no strong mentality at this club!

Is there a psychiatrist anywhere that can explain the continual lack of fight whenever we have the chance to push
forward at the top.
We should have been up for a CL place here ... but oh no! not Spurs.
I hate writing this stuff!

I was right.. off course...sadly.
There is no strong mentality at this club!

Is there a psychiatrist anywhere that can explain the continual lack of fight whenever we have the chance to push
forward at the top.
We should have been up for a CL place here ... but oh no! not Spurs.
I hate writing this stuff!

Spurs will always let you down.

Should be the club motto.

How do you mean poor work in progress??
An entirely new style of play has been implemented quickly with a lot of new young players being used. Fighting for 4th with a distinct style implemented is way ahead of what I (and I suspect most fans) expected.
I'm massively disappointed with today but I fully expect we'll have more days like this before the end of the season. We'll also have some good days too. That's what we are right now and...that's okay. It's year 1. I don't believe Ange will reach the heights of Pep and Klopp (because he doesn't have the resources and because I don't think he's as good as either of them) but both those guys had massive bumps in their first seasons. Arteta had a season and a half of brick and then they bottled the end of the next two seasons. Ange needs and deserves time.

Start of the season, I thought 4th would have been a massive, massive achievement. That's still the case. Top 6 would still be a decent season for us.

The problem is, when you produce a performance like last week, lots think that's your level. It isn't - not consistently anyway.

I'm massively disappointed with today but I fully expect we'll have more days like this before the end of the season. We'll also have some good days too. That's what we are right now and...that's okay. It's year 1. I don't believe Ange will reach the heights of Pep and Klopp (because he doesn't have the resources and because I don't think he's as good as either of them) but both those guys had massive bumps in their first seasons. Arteta had a season and a half of brick and then they bottled the end of the next two seasons. Ange needs and deserves time.

Start of the season, I thought 4th would have been a massive, massive achievement. That's still the case. Top 6 would still be a decent season for us.

The problem is, when you produce a performance like last week, lots think that's your level. It isn't - not consistently anyway.
It was a really disappointing performance. But it's a young team still learning the system and in a number of cases settling into a new league, it would be really surprising if there weren't a few ups and downs.

And let’s also remember this is Ange’s first season in the PL. And largely playing with a squad he inherited.
This is not the point is it? first of all trophies..what trophies.We havnt won anything for yonks. We have had some of the the best managers you can get
as far as winning trophies are concerned and we still have not been able to win a sausage. Another point we dont just have a completely young squad.we have experienced players as well. Do you have to wait untill a player is 25 before he becomes good?
Only time will tell who's right and who's wrong but we have been through this before and I think there is a lack of belief when it comes to the point
of pushing on. Lets face it we have had some great players at this club..we should have had done a lot better than we have done over recent years IMO. There has to be more of a drive and motivation if this club is ever to have a winning mentality.

Yea there’s certainly a good point in that. I don’t think our issue is better players and it’s more the system and style of play. Our CBs are decent.

I’ve said a few times that we look such a mess in our transition from attack to defence.
Even when a side does not score on the initial counter and keep the ball in our final third we don’t look comfortable. It is certainly an area of our system that does not look like it’s worked on.

Reliant on pace to mop up a lot.

I think The scum look more solid this season . Yes signing Rice will help but in my view they are certainly not as naive as previous seasons under Arteta. That was where they needed to tighten up. Conceding soft goals and it does look that way.

So not such a change in style but a better balance in what we do. We commit alot of bodies to attack.

Pep certainly gets the cheque book out tho.
They signed the best DM in the country
he has made ALL the difference
he does the job of two men

It's not what the teams above us only did. The style of play stays the same, posession play with City and Arsenal, fast high pressing with Pool, but
there are changes within that. Pep didn't always have a CB (usually Stones) stepping into midfield like he does now, Arteta made changes to make Arsenal more solid (obviously part of that was accomodating Rice).
Ange can also tweak the system but keep our overall style the same.
City we’re better 3/4 years ago imo
now they are much more beatable but just have more qty of higher standard rather than quality
pep has always had 2 players in midfield who will make tactical fouls
he brought in a keeper to replace hart, then another and another until he found one who could play his game
he has got through a LOT lot of players to get the ones who can play
he brought a left winger to replace one he spent £100m on
the game and style is still really the same (hence why Walker and and De Bruyne are irreplaceable)

arsenal replaced tow very good midfielders with one world class one … that’s how they have changed
their football is no different but they can have an extra body in the right place because of Rice

Back