• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

Do they…
Most just sign better players
It’s literally what all the coaches of the teams above us did
None changed style
So how many need replaced for the style to work? And what are the realistic chances of our board funding that? And what are the chances of the players that we would need to make it work coming to us?

Scared for spam and billionaire bottle jobs. Let's hope we don't see that level of effort again. Especially this season

Do they…
None changed style
Yea there’s certainly a good point in that. I don’t think our issue is better players and it’s more the system and style of play. Our CBs are decent.

I’ve said a few times that we look such a mess in our transition from attack to defence.
Even when a side does not score on the initial counter and keep the ball in our final third we don’t look comfortable. It is certainly an area of our system that does not look like it’s worked on.

Reliant on pace to mop up a lot.

I think The scum look more solid this season . Yes signing Rice will help but in my view they are certainly not as naive as previous seasons under Arteta. That was where they needed to tighten up. Conceding soft goals and it does look that way.

So not such a change in style but a better balance in what we do. We commit alot of bodies to attack.

Pep certainly gets the cheque book out tho.

Do they…
None changed style
It's not what the teams above us only did. The style of play stays the same, posession play with City and Arsenal, fast high pressing with Pool, but
there are changes within that. Pep didn't always have a CB (usually Stones) stepping into midfield like he does now, Arteta made changes to make Arsenal more solid (obviously part of that was accomodating Rice).
Ange can also tweak the system but keep our overall style the same.

So how many need replaced for the style to work? And what are the realistic chances of our board funding that? And what are the chances of the players that we would need to make it work coming to us?
Hard to tell
IMO it’s better squad options
We have no capable cover at full back to swap in… they are sticking tape solutions
We have one 6 that wants to be here and he seems fragile. Skipp is never played there and Hojberg wants to leave so there is a gap there
I always think we lack a striker, even with son there so again.. IMO an opportunity
We also need reliable wide options which I see as replacements for Gil and Solomon
And i do think we will spend
We don’t need massive changes but more capable ones

First comment on the BBC "Have Your Say" section:

"What do you put on top of a craven cottage pie? Mashed spuds!"

Do I not like that. Quality though.

View attachment 16907

This makes it look competitive
Quite scary considering how one sided it was
Was only half watching the game, stuck between tvs with the rugby on and us on. Rugby was brick as well but at least Ireland won.
What I did see of us, while being poor we had a few good chances and finishing let us down badly. We could easily have got something out of the game but it would've been a major case of papering over the cracks.

Reactions: jrh
I'd love to see us with Johnson on the right and Werner on the left. To get quick balls into the box.
Neither play like that though. You might like to see it, but they aren't those kind of players not does it appear as if Ange wants them to play that way. Ange wants control, precision and incision. The players have can do some of those things but not usually at the same time or in the same game.

We were bad, but not that bad! We had chances, but didn't take them. They did. 2-2 would have been a fair result, but we never really got going. We've had 1st half like that before, and then come out 2nd half and be much better.

That didn't happen today, for whatever reason, and that was really disappointing. We were actually much worse 2nd half. Not seen that from this team before. Not sure why that happened, but we're clearly still very much a work in progress, and don't have the mentality to go out there and perform at a high level every game.

We were bad, but not that bad! We had chances, but didn't take them. They did. 2-2 would have been a fair result, but we never really got going. We've had 1st half like that before, and then come out 2nd half and be much better.

That didn't happen today, for whatever reason, and that was really disappointing. We were actually much worse 2nd half. Not seen that from this team before. Not sure why that happened, but we're clearly still very much a work in progress, and don't have the mentality to go out there and perform at a high level every game.
The rest of your post I agree with but 2-2 wouldn't have been a fair result. They were very good value for the win.

Not impressed.
Haven't really seen the 'Ange Ball' in full effect but what I did witness was some decent possession play followed by a loose pass that led to Filham counter attacking and attempting a shot on our goal. When our play worked it looked slick and with intent but far too often it broke down from a sloppy pass and we were on the back foot

Back