• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Fulham FC ****

At the end of the day we’ll always be vulnerable at the back if we’re not pressing effectively. And for whatever reason we didn’t seem able to do that today.

Though to be honest I find our terrible passing even more of a concern. Don’t know why it looks so off these days.

Shocking. As bad a performance as I’ve seen under Ange. Trying to pick out best player and the best I can come up with is Bentancur and he didn’t do a whole lot when he was on.

Udogie, shocker. Dragusin. Shocker. Have high hopes for him but his positioning was all over the shop today. Bissouma, shocker. Sarr, shocker. Sonny, shocker.

I’m not surprised. We will have more performances like last week and we’ll have more performances like this. It’s where we are. Ange has had a bad day today too but we’re at the start of the process with him and although I have doubts about how far he can bring us, he deserves some leeway. Days like today happened to Pep and Klopp early on in their reigns.

Packing mid by fool em has stopped our transitions, they've attacked well tbh we haven't defended as well as we must. Marco Silva is a canny manager

The problem like you say is that we don't cope with the high line due to systemic pressure or shape. We rely very much on a particular players unique attribute. Its concerning because you can't have a system that relies on a sole player, that's a system that will always have days like today.

I'm fully in on Ange sticking to his system at the same time he needs to coach the players better to cope with downsides to our shape especially while we don't have the quality of player to play the system properly.
Maybe the system would work better if Udogie wasnt so lazy coming back and actually defending. I am sure it is within his realm and Ange's to solve this problem. His mistakes and reluctancy to rush back were often covered by the pace of VDV. Drăgușin has good pace, same as Romero, but VDV is the fastest player în the league.

At the end of the day we’ll always be vulnerable at the back if we’re not pressing effectively. And for whatever reason we didn’t seem able to do that today.

Though to be honest I find our terrible passing even more of a concern. Don’t know why it looks so off these days.
The passing was poor but so was the movement. At one point, Bentancur was appealing for any option in front of him and got nothing and had to play safe. You could see him gonad*ing the players in front of him for not moving.

At the end, Dragusin I think, had the same thing. Had the ball and not one fudger in front of him moved. That’s a shocking lack of effort from our lads.

It's all about controlling the central midfield with technique. At the start of the season Bissouma was în form, Maddison too and we bossed the games. Sadly Bentancur was injured but it was mouth watering to think about those 3 linking up. Now Bissouma is out of form and more of a liability, Bentacur playing with a knock and Madds is often isolated.

Just see a stat about us conceding 46. Most amongst the top 6 sides.

There’s the issues. We are sloppy in defence. VDV mopping up and Vic making plenty of great saves and still shipped 46. We just cough up way too many chances.

Yep. That’s it in a nutshell, need to dial the system more to defence.

After a great result last week people praising spurs as if top 4 is ours then this match most people thought it would be a win.
No way was it going to be a repeat of last week. Seen it, read it, watched it plenty of times.
Never happens like that, especially to spurs.
1 step forward 2 or 3 steps back springs to mind.

After a great result last week people praising spurs as if top 4 is ours then this match most people thought it would be a win.
No way was it going to be a repeat of last week. Seen it, read it, watched it plenty of times.
Never happens like that, especially to spurs.
1 step forward 2 or 3 steps back springs to mind.
Not trying to sound more clever than I actually am but I had 3 or 4 people come up to me this week telling me how great spurs were. Had to say “you don’t know what you’ll get with us. We could win 4-0 or lose 4-0. It’s entertaining though.”

A lot of people, not just our fans, got very carried away with last week.

The passing was poor but so was the movement. At one point, Bentancur was appealing for any option in front of him and got nothing and had to play safe. You could see him gonad*ing the players in front of him for not moving.

At the end, Dragusin I think, had the same thing. Had the ball and not one fudger in front of him moved. That’s a shocking lack of effort from our lads.
When our attackers are off they're off in a spectacular way. I thought Johnson tried hard first half but Son and Deki were so poor. If Son's the barometer well today was a code red reading.

Then Johnson kinda shrugged his shoulders second half and was as poor as his attacking colleagues.

Son has to take a lot of the blame for today, in my opinion. Nowhere near the level he needs to be as captain.

Personally I thought everyone had been overrating the Villa performance anyway. First half wasn’t much better than today IMO. We just took two chances quickly (and then the red card), whereas today it was Fulham who did that to us.
We controlled that game and Villa just pumped it long.. that was form the start
Today we didn’t control anything all game

Personally I thought everyone had been overrating the Villa performance anyway. First half wasn’t much better than today IMO. We just took two chances quickly (and then the red card), whereas today it was Fulham who did that to us.
100% I said in a thread this week. People were getting a little too carried away with a match against a tired team who change their system to try and stymie us instead of just playing their game and got it completely wrong.

Back