• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur FC v Swansea City AFC OMT

With a fully fit squad, Townsend doesn't get anywhere near the team sheet. Unfortunately we have quite a lot of injuries so he gets on by default.
Playing like he did today, he won't get anywhere neare a championship team.

I expect all the stats will show we had most of the second half as well, but we'd still have come away with nothing if not for Lloris's acrobatics. Every time Swansea got a sniff around our area, they looked threatening, with Montero, Ayew and Gomis all looking dangerous. You never really had the same sense of threat when we came forward with Townsend et al., so I'm happy with the point in the end.

No, he wasn't. Playing as a sub is different as you get more space. Townsend made that count for absolutely nothing as his touch is so bad and he is really slow.

Why do you get more space??? Thu made subs too

He tore into them Running looking pretty quick to me however as is the case a lot with him there was no end product at all

But chadli had one effort all game and was on a lot lot longer

I expect all the stats will show we had most of the second half as well, but we'd still have come away with nothing if not for Lloris's acrobatics. Every time Swansea got a sniff around our area, they looked threatening, with Montero, Ayew and Gomis all looking dangerous. You never really had the same sense of threat when we came forward with Townsend et al., so I'm happy with the point in the end.

Honestly mate I think it's because you're watching as a Spurs fan and every time we're attacked it's panic stations - I bet if you re watched the game tomorrow, knowing the result, you'd have a different outlook

They looked like they only had one plan to me. Get it to Montero and hope someone follows up

It's basic and didn't make the most of their better players

It's why they had no shots on target after Kane scored for them until the 92nd minute

A good game by us, I thought. Our pressing in the first half especially was impressive! Also thought we passed the ball around well and moved well off the ball. Swansea had two shots on target. Alli was great yet again, same with Dier. Eriksen looking more like himself.

It's just blatantly obvious that Townsend does not possess the skills needed to play for a top team, in my opinion. Sorry. His close control is very poor, his crossing is equally poor, and it doesn't seem like he can shoot to save his life (even though it turned out to be a big chance, his one shot on goal was terribly placed). Well done to him for fighting though.

Encouraging display by us, in my opinion. Didn't think N'Jie looked bad when he came on either, just need some time settling in.

Kane looked worryingly disjointed form the yeah of the team

When he played it quick he looked normal but when he had more than two touches he invariably lost it

He came on and stretched the game which made a big difference - fans love to hate him for anything he does wrong and ignore much of his positive impact

fudgeing embarrasing

That's just a byproduct of being played on the wing against a team pushing forwards tbf, he was closed down and snuffed out easy enough though and any time he had a choice to make he invariably chose the wrong option or messed up, it was a poor performance overall, undoubtedly - however there's no need for the OTT focus on his involvement

He came on and stretched the game which made a big difference - fans love to hate him for anything he does wrong and ignore much of his positive impact

fudgeing embarrasing
He did to be fair but his end product leaves a lot to be desired.

May sound like serious knee jerking but does anyone think we should have snapped any buyers hands off if they did indeed offer £50 million for Kane.

Honestly mate I think it's because you're watching as a Spurs fan and every time we're attacked it's panic stations - I bet if you re watched the game tomorrow, knowing the result, you'd have a different outlook

Maybe, although I reckon I'll still see us lacking quality ball in the final third and Lloris making a fingertip save near the death to secure a point.

Back