• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Fans: Worst in the League?

Also, did anyony else notice how there was a mass of Scandinavian (sp) fans at the game yesterday!? Everywhere I went i bumped into more. In the pubs, the concourse, seats next to us AND behind us! Was weird.. Was there some kind of promotion on for yesterday's game lol?

Bit of an overreaction. I've heard far, far worse atmospheres at the lane than yesterday. Southampton weren't exactly singing throughout the game either.

Name same PL grounds that have a good atmosphere? Even Stoke ain't what it used to be.

I just think some of the performances are so boring that it impacts on the fans without fans realising.

I am a fan who goes but actually gets bored by the experience now - same songs, same people, same performances But I love watching spurs. I actually as a fan am bored of football but love spurs - doesnt make sense I know.

The fans werent that bad in all honesty, away fans will always seem better as theyre more concentrated and because youre close to them they will be louder no doubt.

I know what you mean. After the last couple of seasons where we've fallen away towards the end, I've started to get a bid jaded. Barely watched any football except for yesterday and the CL semi finals. Football can be very mentally draining sometimes, for me anyway.

ffs so what if we don't sing! SO fudging WHAT?

Do Man U fans sings NO - who won the league this season?

IT DOESN'T MATTER if we do not sing?

It does matter. The atmosphere directly affects the players. If you want the players to do better, then sing louder.

No it's not going to turn crap players into world beaters, what it can do is turn nervous players into confident ones.

Not that it's only a one way street mind. Symbiotic relationship. Sort of.

Even if for no other reason, it matters because games at White Hart Lane are now rarely enjoyable, regardless of performance or result. The silence; the negativity; the absence of passion; the lack of wit or originality; the palpable and embarrassing sense of entitlement............it adds up to a tepid match day experience. More often than not, I find myself feeling ashamed at what Spurs fans have become - especially when we have fans from abroad showing us what it truly means to have fun and to support a team through thick and thin.

Perhaps I got the wrong impression then because I was right next to the Saints fans. But are you sure it wasn't the Saints fans you could hear?! ('Oh When the Saints', 'Come on You Reds', 'Bale, Bale, Bale' etc)

Nope, could hear a few Spurs chants very clearly, not all through, but at moments.

There was a particularly good point in 2nd half before we scored, where it really sounded like the fans were trying to raise the game, even the commentators mentioned it ..

I was disappointed with the guys next to me. They were a group of about 4 ST holders who clearly all go together, and I had a chat with them and they seemed to really care about the game. But then, they all just left on 80 minutes. I didn't get it, they turned to me and shook my hand and left. I guess it's different for ST holders going to every game, but that really baffled me and they must've been kicking themselves when they saw the result!

On the atmosphere, I thought it was pretty good actually, but then I was right in the shelf side singing area whereas normally I'm elsewhere, and you can really tell the difference. For those upset about the atmosphere, I'd recommend going South Lower or East Lower in that corner, and the atmosphere is pretty buzzing.

Does it, brick atmosphere's dont seem to affect United, Arsenal and Chelsea players

Probably because they have a more entrenched winning mentality given that they've qualified for the Champions League every year for the last seven decades.

Probably because they have a more entrenched winning mentality given that they've qualified for the Champions League every year for the last seven decades.

I dont think the fans can give our players the mentality we so clearly are missing though..

its not a great atmosphere these days, hasnt been good since we became good really, shame really

I dont think the fans can give our players the mentality we so clearly are missing though..

its not a great atmosphere these days, hasnt been good since we became good really, shame really

seems to go hand in hand with being a 'top side' - every game is so important and losing 2/3 points here and there can have such far reaching effects that no one is resting easy and are constantly on edge.

I remember last season someone posted a link to dB measurements taken across PL stadiums - any similar study this time around?

they usually do it every year so must be something out there. although iirc it is only measured at one specific game as opposed to over a period of time. not exactly the best resource

We were in Block 50 again, and tbh, the atmosphere in the first half was pretty downbeat, probably in tune with the the teams performance, but midway through the 2nd half, there were small pockets of fans who really started to get some chants going and it seemed decent from that point on.

As has been mentioned above, I was really surprised at the number of people that left around the 80min mark, but possibly some of that was due to the 30min delay and I assume many had trains/planes to catch

Back