• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Top 5 Great Games

In no real order

Real Madrid
Arsenal Semi
Ajax
Emirates Marketing Project away (Eriksen league, made me a believer)
Chelsea LC Semi

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Inter at home… the ground was literally rocking
Ajax away
City away in the CL
Chelsea 5-3
And any in the last home games at WHL as we were perfect that season bar one draw

Ones in my memory.

Arsenal fa cup semi with gazzas freekick.
Was at milan when we beat them 1-0.
Beating city to get cl.

Others have been mentioned already.

There's so much going on here, it's personal- But the time we beat Utd 3 - 0 at Old Trafford was incredible.

The (Colombian) woman of my dreams was wearing my Spurs shirt and we watched it in a sketchy Irish Bar in Bordeaux and it felt like nobody had ever seen a Spurs fan (especially a French speaking one) in there before but Moura's double was class, he just ruined them. It was at a time when random people came up to me and told me that Spurs were a beautiful team, just as a matter of course (which does make me perhaps overly romantic of the times with Poch despite my general cynicism).

Edit - I should add my hatred of UTD is almost as strong as my frustration with Spurs - So it was So. fudging. Good. to just rinse them at home.

AC Milan away of course. Actual heroism from those in a Spurs shirt, Sandro / Lennon / Crouch Honorable mentions.

Arsenal game with Danny Rose "on his premier league debut", no words.

It may be ridiculous but the recent win against Chelsea with Skipp's first PL goal felt up there, even if it may not mean much in the long run we just never seem to beat them so that felt great even if they were at a low ebb. Along with meeting some great characters in whatever pub I watched that in, it was all in all a terrific day.

Emirates Marketing Project away with Kaboul to Crouch. It was fun to if only delay Emirates Marketing Project's assumed position in what I'd called the "upper echelons" of football.

Seems amiss to not have the Ajax Semi with Moura in the list but any thought of the game and the final is tremendously painful so I tend to blot it out, pure avoidance style. Good thread.

Last edited:
UEFA cup final. Whl lane was rocking the atmosphere was electric
81 fa cup final replay my first trip to Wembley
Fa cup semi played against wolves at Highbury only time I went to a match with my dad
Fa cup semi vs arse stopped them doing the double which made it even sweeter
Hoddles last game at home against Oxford

It's impossible to just choose 5

Last edited:
Games I've been to :

Chelsea 5-1 LC Semi
Arsenal 5-1 LC Semi
Chelsea 2-1 Keane & Lennon
Chelsea 3-1 Dele double
Wigan 9-1

Notable ones from tv

City Away in the CL, the drama
West Ham 4-3, Stalteri
Dortmund 1-0 away CL

[QUOTE="kb 1984, post: 1668599, member: 1641"]UEFA cup final. Whl lane was rocking the atmosphere was electric
81 fa cup final replay my first trip to Wembley
Fa cup semi played against wolves at Highbury only time I went to a match with my dad
Fa cup semi vs arse stopped them doing the double which made it even sweeter
Hoddles last game at home against Oxford

It's impossible to just choose 5[/QUOTE]

One of my best nights as a Spurs supporter and as you say the ground shook with the cheers.

Golden oldies

8-1 Gornik (the night Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur was born)
2-1 Benfica (despite losing 3-4 on aggregate)
9-2 Forest
7-2 Liverpool (after losing 2-5 at Anfield 3 days earlier)
3-2 A'nal away (Double season)

Heady days!

beating City to get CL

smashing the dippers at Wembley

knocking them out of the FA cup with Sheringham and Klinsmann

finally beating Chelsea at the lane

that 2-0 win over Villa under AVB when they had one touch in our box the whole game - masterclass, greatest game of football I've ever seen

Villa were the team to beat that season too.

ha ha

it was more about what we did, for the entire 90 minutes it was obvious we were going to win, I've never been more relaxed in my life, it was perfection

the game was dead, we scored two goals, then nothing else happened, just like you'd dream it

Beating Real Madrid 3-1 - being 3-0 up and heading the Olés sing out. Here we were beating one of Europe’s most successful clubs and having fun in doing so. The atmosphere was electric. Admittedly it wasn’t at our true home stadium but as nights under the lights go in the CL it was a special night and one that promised so much for the future of the club that was sadly never realised.

Beating Arsenal 3-1 in the FA Cup Semi Final in 1991. It was my first season supporting the club and a truly magical result and who will ever forget Gazza’s famous freekick that day?!

Beating Arsenal 1-0 in the league in the first Spurs match that I attended. A Paul Allen scored winner giving us the three points. Another memorable moment bring Ian Wright punching David Howells with the referee oblivious to it. Showed how poor refereeing in the game could and would be, at times, going forwards.

Peter Crouch’s winner at Eastlands that secured our first ever CL experience.

And I’ll leave the last one blank. I purposefully didn’t include Cup Final victories, the few that there have been, as of course they were magical moments. It’s the pinnacle of a club to be successful and to give supporters a day to be long remembered afterwards….take note Levy.

Not a great game by any means ( and we have had plenty over the years) but the game which i remember with great glee was the one against Southampton the year we were in the second div 77/78 after being relegated the previous season. We had tinkled the league for most of that season with a couple of huge wins but we hit a poor run and won only 2 of our last 8 games.

We slipped down the tabe and had to get a result in the last game of the season against Southampton away, it was nightmare run but we got a win in the game before against Hull thanks to a late goal from Perryman. We ended up drawing 0.0 against Southampton ( fudging awful game and we stuggled) and went back up in third place.

Bloody awful game and but it meant so much.

Wow - this is hard to pick.

In no particular order:

League Cup final against Cheatski
FA Cup Semi 1991
Soton 3 - Spur 6 after extra time - FA Cup (Rosenthal hattrick)
Wigan 9-1
1-6 at Old trafford.

Back