• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tony Parks & Steffen Freund

Alex

Scott Houghton
Does anyone know if they're staying or going? It looks like Tony is definitely out... but maybe Steffen has kept his job...

Also... Chris and Les... I assume Les is gone and Chris will go back into development? Depends on Timmy I guess.

I have to believe that with the shuffles, Parksie will get a youth coaching position? Freundy too I'd suspect? I think it would make perfect sense, look at Freundy's role with the U-17s for Germany! A case of if he wants to I'd guess...

I have to believe that with the shuffles, Parksie will get a youth coaching position? Freundy too I'd suspect? I think it would make perfect sense, look at Freundy's role with the U-17s for Germany! A case of if he wants to I'd guess...

Same for Ramsey at least I would guess. Possibly Les Ferdinand too.

A role with the youth players will be a step down from what Parks and Freund got when they were first hired. And most likely Ramsey and Ferdinand could get jobs higher up (but at smaller clubs) under Sherwood if they want to.

Would love for them to both stay on-board but we have to be pragmatic rather than emotional; perhaps what a new manager wants is better for the club as a whole.

I'm not a big fan of an incoming head coach/manager having coaches forced on them by the club. I think that he should be free to choose his own team. If Parks and Freund (and Ramsey and Ferdinand) are part of that then great. If not, then I hope that we part on good terms and the door is left open should things change in the future and they have something to offer the club.

I do wonder whether Freund, Ferdinand and Ramsey could have a role with the development squad.

Freund and Parks are good guys and proper yids, I really hope they are retained in some capacity. Freund was kept a bit arms-length from the Timmeh regime, which I hope was to protect him from being tainted with a view to staying on.

With Ferdinand and Ramsey, I guess we'll hold on to them till Timmeh gets a job. Then his club will have to compensate us for them, rather than us having to pay them off.

To some extent it's a demotion. But if it was U21 manager combined with first team coach (i.e. a place on the bench), it could be a useful link role aiding the transition of players from academy to first team.

I'm not a big fan of an incoming head coach/manager having coaches forced on them by the club. I think that he should be free to choose his own team. If Parks and Freund (and Ramsey and Ferdinand) are part of that then great. If not, then I hope that we part on good terms and the door is left open should things change in the future and they have something to offer the club.

I do wonder whether Freund, Ferdinand and Ramsey could have a role with the development squad.

Agree. But retaining an internal coach does have its advantages. Pat Rice (Wenger), Steve Clarke (Mourinho), Brian Kidd (Pellegrini), Ryan Giggs (van Gaal) are examples of our rivals employing this.

Freund and Parks are good guys and proper yids, I really hope they are retained in some capacity. Freund was kept a bit arms-length from the Timmeh regime, which I hope was to protect him from being tainted with a view to staying on.

With Ferdinand and Ramsey, I guess we'll hold on to them till Timmeh gets a job. Then his club will have to compensate us for them, rather than us having to pay them off.

Freund appeared to be far more involved under Sherwood than he was under the *** end of AVB's regime. We should also remember that Freund was bought back to the club on Sherwood's recommendation. I hope that he stays too but we need to find a roll for him that makes best use of his talents and challenges him.

Agree. But retaining an internal coach does have its advantages. Pat Rice (Wenger), Steve Clarke (Mourinho), Brian Kidd (Pellegrini), Ryan Giggs (van Gaal) are examples of our rivals employing this.

If Poch is happy, then I am happy

Freund appeared to be far more involved under Sherwood than he was under the *** end of AVB's regime. We should also remember that Freund was bought back to the club on Sherwood's recommendation. I hope that he stays too but we need to find a roll for him that makes best use of his talents and challenges him.

Freund made the fatal error of tactical suggestion to AVB during the goon match apparently, and from there it was a strained relationship…so the word goes…I'm sure there's more to it, but I believe it had a role.

Freund made the fatal error of tactical suggestion to AVB during the goon match apparently, and from there it was a strained relationship…so the word goes…I'm sure there's more to it, but I believe it had a role.

Hi Steff, in your gut, who do you think will be kept on out of our coaches Ramsay, Ferdinand, Parks and Freund?

Yep, that is my understanding too. They are meant to have had a massive barney after the game and Freund got cut out from then on.

Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: 27th May

Jasper said:
Freund we want to stay. Possible coaching role or taking Tim's old position I am told.

it be nice to keep some of the old guard back in the backroom,if it goes tits up with the new manager who be left to the sail the ship when levy pulls the trap door again..........gary mabbutt the rate its going and he does the hospitality...

it be nice to keep some of the old guard back in the backroom,if it goes tits up with the new manager who be left to the sail the ship when levy pulls the trap door again..........gary mabbutt the rate its going and he does the hospitality...

I know it was tongue in cheek but Mabsy had some knee op recently and can't hardly stand, so we'd have to get him a wheelchair to do the job. With an insulin holder too.

Club Announcement

The Club can confirm today that Tony Parks is to leave our coaching staff and we would like to thank him for his contribution and achievements.

parksy730.jpg

Tony returned to the Club as First Team Goalkeeping Coach in 2008, having previously served as a player between 1980 and 1988, memorably saving two penalties in the 1984 UEFA Cup final against Anderlecht.

A popular member of the coaching team, Tony worked with Harry Redknapp, Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood during his time with us, overseeing the First Team goalkeepers as well as the development of our younger goalkeepers and was last year named Goalkeeper Coach of the Year at the FA Licensed Coaches' Club Awards.

We wish Tony every success for the future and he will always be welcome at the Lane.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-announcement-300514/

Back