• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

Yedlin, Dier, Chiriches, Rose?

Also it hasn't been officially confirmed that Fazio is out.

-----------------------------------------------

Yedlin is perhaps one of those where some "experimentation" or not starting our strongest 11 might be acceptable. If Fazio is available I would say that Vlad at right back is the safer and arguably better option than Yedlin at this point. But giving Yedlin some game time now could benefit us long term so I wouldn't mind it.

Davies, Dier, Chiriches, Rose

or

Chiriches, Dier, Davies, Rose

I don't think we'd throw Yedlin in yet (esp at RB vs RM). He's not exactly impressed for the academy side yet.

Fazio would be ideal to bully Benteke, but I think he's still injured.

Davies, Dier, Chiriches, Rose

or

Chiriches, Dier, Davies, Rose

I don't think we'd throw Yedlin in yet (esp at RB vs RM). He's not exactly impressed for the academy side yet.

Fazio would be ideal to bully Benteke, but I think he's still injured.

Second of those if it's those 4 at the back, at least for me. That's what we went for against Burnley, and it's not like Chiriches moving out from the centre loses us a lot of physicality up against Benteke - although it does lose us a bit of experience in that position.

Even the best of those options essentially means playing 2 out of our back 4 out of position. I know both Vlad and Davies have played there before, but it's still not where they're at their most experienced. All this with 21 year old Eric Dier in between them...

I think Yedlin has to at least be considered an option to that choice. He's been with us for a couple of months now, working on the training ground. Dier was "thrown in" to PL action, as was Mason. Pochettino has shown that he's willing to do that with young players.

It is for us. We have nothing to play for. Same as against Burnley when our team failed to turn up mentally.
No it's not, we still can get champs league, but even if we couldn't, I absolutely believe winning as many games as possible with this young team will the best way to install a winning mentality.... If pouch is doing anything but trying to win every game then we have the wrong man. luckily I don't think he is that dumb, I just think that those that love to belittle Sherwood are getting their excuses in early just in case.

Second of those if it's those 4 at the back, at least for me. That's what we went for against Burnley, and it's not like Chiriches moving out from the centre loses us a lot of physicality up against Benteke - although it does lose us a bit of experience in that position.

Even the best of those options essentially means playing 2 out of our back 4 out of position. I know both Vlad and Davies have played there before, but it's still not where they're at their most experienced. All this with 21 year old Eric Dier in between them...

I think Yedlin has to at least be considered an option to that choice. He's been with us for a couple of months now, working on the training ground. Dier was "thrown in" to PL action, as was Mason. Pochettino has shown that he's willing to do that with young players.

If we are going to throw in a young RB, Walker-Peters should probably be ahead of Yedlin

If we are going to throw in a young RB, Walker-Peters should probably be ahead of Yedlin

Based on what?

Yedlin: 21 years old. 50+ First team games for Seattle Sounders in the MLS where he was included in the All-star squad both years he played and won a cup competition with Seattle. 14 senior international games for the US, included in the World Cup squad last summer where he made 3 sub appearances. Also capped at U20 level for the US and participated in the U20 World Cup.

Walker-Peters: 17 years old. So far the biggest game he's played in was the FA youth cup semi final games this season?

What am I missing here?

Based on what?

Yedlin: 21 years old. 50+ First team games for Seattle Sounders in the MLS where he was included in the All-star squad both years he played and won a cup competition with Seattle. 14 senior international games for the US, included in the World Cup squad last summer where he made 3 sub appearances. Also capped at U20 level for the US and participated in the U20 World Cup.

Walker-Peters: 17 years old. So far the biggest game he's played in was the FA youth cup semi final games this season?

What am I missing here?

Performances for the U21s (well, Windy's match reports).

Walker-Peters (along with Onomah, Winks and 2CV) seems to stand out every game, whereas Yedlin has had lukewarm at best reviews so far

Performances for the U21s (well, Windy's match reports).

Walker-Peters (along with Onomah, Winks and 2CV) seems to stand out every game, whereas Yedlin has had lukewarm at best reviews so far

I agree that Walker-Peters looks like a very good talent, based on what I've seen and what others have said.

Massive difference between that and being ready to be thrown into PL action as I'm sure you're aware. In terms of experience to prepare the player for that Yedlin clearly looks the better option.

I agree that Walker-Peters looks like a very good talent, based on what I've seen and what others have said.

Massive difference between that and being ready to be thrown into PL action as I'm sure you're aware. In terms of experience to prepare the player for that Yedlin clearly looks the better option.

True. But Poch is known for backing form over reputation, and if Yedlin is currently so far off the pace...

We just need to get mason out of the first team, our midfield is so painfully innefective. I'd seriously co wider eriksen in there, but probably play it safe with Dembele. We need a better link to the attack. Mason and bentaleb don't create anytning. We all k ow it won't happen and we'll spend the whole gsme passing it but not creating anytning and hoping Someone can score a worldy...

I think lamela needs to start the rest of the Games too. Townsend is awful and we dint have any other option. Play him, see what he can do now.

We just need to get mason out of the first team, our midfield is so painfully innefective. I'd seriously co wider eriksen in there, but probably play it safe with Dembele. We need a better link to the attack. Mason and bentaleb don't create anytning. We all k ow it won't happen and we'll spend the whole gsme passing it but not creating anytning and hoping Someone can score a worldy...

I think lamela needs to start the rest of the Games too. Townsend is awful and we dint have any other option. Play him, see what he can do now.

Our midfield is the most effective its been since Modric left.

Masaleb aren't meant to create. They are meant to transition the ball quickly to the AMs, which they do exceptionally. It's why we attack and score more freely than we have since the Rafa and Modric years.

Masaleb solved the problems Dembele/Capoue/Paulinho had been causing us for 2.5 seasons

Am not going today as moving house soon and have lots ot sort out today, will get to watch it though and I pray that we don't lose to the tool

Am not going today as moving house soon and have lots ot sort out today, will get to watch it though and I pray that we don't lose to the tool

Be interesting to see the reception he gets.

On his last visit to WHL he ducked out of the King testimonial because of the reaction when his name was read out (when even Berbatov got a cheer)

-------------Vorm-----------
Vlad---Dier---Davies---Rose
-----Mason----Bentaleb-----
Lamela--Dembele--Eriksen
-------------Kane------------

That's how I'd line up

COYS.

I'm off in a minute to watch some "real football" according to my father in law...Crewe v L Orient. :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see the reception he gets.

On his last visit to WHL he ducked out of the King testimonial because of the reaction when his name was read out (when even Berbatov got a cheer)
Like Harry before I will always be grateful to him for the work he did in and around the academy, still doesnt stop me from thinking what a massive tool he is

Captain again today

CCUBNA9WIAE45l7.png

Back