• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood…not treated with the respect a headmaster is.

A rookie manager (one of our own) has a massive promotion, and more than holds his own. Brings through a number of youth players. Has an unparrelled win percentage. This after taking over mid season, with the other youth coaches as his assistants. Sherwood, Ramsey and Ferdinand are no Mensa members, but they have done somthing right. It wasn't all just luck was it scara? What did your 'luck stats' say end of season?

Well done TS, Ramsay and Ferdinand. It wasn't pretty but it was impressive under the circumsances.

Or, the most expensive team in Spurs history won lots of points in the most crap EPL (the bottom 12 teams) we have seen for a long time.

That he's completely delusional, ignorant, arrogant, self-important and lacking in self-awareness. It's not overly his results, its his behaviour and performances that have cost him his job.

Believe me when i say that he's not the only one that suffers from that.

Let's not kid ourselves, he could win the Premier League with Brighton with no money and GB would find a way to discredit him. Meanwhile Ramos continues to fail at every club he goes to and it's everyone's fault but his.

I know, and its not just GB to be fair. If you dont want the guy as manager fair enough. Or even don't like the guy - fair enough, I think he has good banter personally and those who have met him have said so. But some of the things thrown at him are unwarranted and at times its cringe worthy...

Let's not kid ourselves, he could win the Premier League with Brighton with no money and GB would find a way to discredit him. Meanwhile Ramos continues to fail at every club he goes to and it's everyone's fault but his.

Don't you know mate? Ramos playing:

1) Luka DM
2) Jenas captain
3) King in cup games and resting in league games
4) Giovanni Dos Santos
5) Bentley on the left
6) Losing to lesser teams left, right and centre.

All that was down to Ramos financial issues in Spain. Oh sorry i forgot....and Poyet medalling.

Or, the most expensive team in Spurs history won lots of points in the most crap EPL (the bottom 12 teams) we have seen for a long time.

The most expensive team? You mean Lamella who's been practically non existent, Paulinho who hasn't exactly been a regular and Soldado who's not turned up on the pitch and not been selected for some time? Eriksen and Chadli are the ones who have been regulars from that £100m for Sherwood...

Some more nuggets:

"I'm happy with the performance that I'VE made."

Absolutely right. Why wouldn't he be?

"If I had started the season, we would have finished in the Champions League places."

He got 5th place results over 22 games but took over a struggling side. This is perhaps a bit too much. Fair comment would be that he would have got us challenging for 4th if he'd had the whole season

"It will be interesting to see how I am judged when I meet the chairman. If I do leave, it can't be on results."

Again, correct. He has got better results than last season, taking over in a far more difficult circumstances and without Bale. Last season we were saying what a good solid first season that was AVB. That was no question of sacking him. So this is absolutely right.

"If I'd have known it would only be for five months, I wouldn't have done it, to be honest."

Well, I really don't think it has done him any harm!

This would be fair comment if he'd had the whole season. But taking over midway in 7th after 15 points in the previous 11, with confidence badly hit having just been beaten 0-5 at home....who was going to achieve anything exceptional from that position? Again, 53 points from 22 was required for 4th. That is 2.40 points per game. The league winners got 86 in 38. That is 2.26 points per game. Better than league championship form was therefore required and was never likely. As it was he produced 5th place results. Not bad considering the circumstances he took over in.

When Sherwood took over we were 1 point behind last season's results against the same teams. We finished 3 points down in the end. There's more than one way to look at things.

Some more nuggets:

"I'm happy with the performance that I'VE made."

Slating the players on a regular basis and deflecting all possible blame, now eagerly taking credit for the points they have delivered.

"If I had started the season, we would have finished in the Champions League places."

Easy to be brash and big-headed about something that is impossible to prove. If you must brag, please do it about something you have actually achieved.

"It will be interesting to see how I am judged when I meet the chairman. If I do leave, it can't be on results."

And surely you will look at why you have been dismissed if it isn't to do with results. Will you question your own unprofessionalism, pig headedness or simply blame it on the fact you're English?

"If I'd have known it would only be for five months, I wouldn't have done it, to be honest."

If you planned on being here for more than five months and have such abundant self belief why do you feel the need for constant, aggressive self promotion at every opportunity? You've always been the one in control over your destiny and you are the one that will have ****ed it up, nobody else

Sherwood reminds me of a young English footballer that thinks he's made it already after a handful of decent performances not realising that they have a long, long way to go.

I'm not totally against the idea of Sherwood staying but his bitterness is just so, so off putting.

When Sherwood took over we were 1 point behind last season's results against the same teams. We finished 3 points down in the end. There's more than one way to look at things.

And when Sherwood took over we had just been mauled by Liverpool. He did about as well as AVB, no better no worse, it's not like AVB was doing brilliantly and 'Timmeh" came in up dropped a gonad*.

What does that prove? that's such an irrelevant stat.

I was never expecting CL qualification and in terms of being near our record points total, he has done well really in that aspect but overall, I think it is right that we look elsewhere. It was a means to an end, he gets a pay off, the board look the bad guys again for a little bit but get a different manager which is what they seemingly want, everyone is a winner.

Changing him alone will not sort our problems out and purely ****ging him or AVB and pointing out their relevant shortcomings won't change anything either. I would like to think that the players will be rounded up on Tuesday at the training ground before being packed off and given a proper talking to by the hierachy and reminded that they have also performed below par and shown terrible weaknesses this season and that it has to change and will change or they will be out of the door.

Arsenal and Benfica moderate?

Yes actually, you are going to have to play at least 1 of the better sides in the cups, in domestic cups I'd prefer the Scum over Cheat$ki/City, usually United and even Pool. Benfica is a better draw than getting a big CL drop down side.

Sorry but whats this obsession with the whole comparison of games against the same opposition between two seasons? As far as im concerned a season is a standalone season, history etc means jack ****. You can improve drastically yet still end the season below than you did in previous seasons. Its silly that statistic.

TS in my view has done well, we could have got a Manager in who would have performed better or worse but very few temp managers will have performed as well as TS has.

What I am unable to fathom is I thought this was a board full of mature intelligent people who would view everything (including performances) in context, but what has transpired is the total opposite. I seriously hope some are better in real life than how they have acted in the past six months - in the absence of not viewing things in context.

All the stats are irrelevant.

Truth is, TS did an "ok" job, nothing interesting in the cups, no massive (positive) upsets in the league, 6th with a ****ty GD and a lot of below par on field performances.

Credit for playing a few of our young players, but the negative progression of Vert/Sandro under him also an issue. Blame for awful media representation of club.

mature
intelligent
context

I think you posted this on the wrong board DHSF ;-)

I know, and its not just GB to be fair. If you dont want the guy as manager fair enough. Or even don't like the guy - fair enough, I think he has good banter personally and those who have met him have said so. But some of the things thrown at him are unwarranted and at times its cringe worthy...

I do agree.

TS certainally rubs some people up the wrong way, in a big way. I thought that the hatred correclates with liking AVB. But while there is some of that, it is more than that. Maybe GB and Scara can articulate how he rubs them up the wrong way - from day one - in fact before he even took over.

All the stats are irrelevant.

Truth is, TS did an "ok" job, nothing interesting in the cups, no massive (positive) upsets in the league, 6th with a ****ty GD and a lot of below par on field performances.

Credit for playing a few of our young players, but the negative progression of Vert/Sandro under him also an issue. Blame for awful media representation of club.

Well no actually they're not. Comparing stats of the two managers in the same season is relevant but comparing results this season to last season is irrelevant.

Proves just as much as saying Sherwood's ppg would have got us CL if he'd had the full season. We had a tougher run at the start.

As for all the gossip - did he leak a story or didn't he - why not watch East Enders or some bollox? Who cares who said what to whom? Its playground talk. How the team play, and if the team win are all that concerns me.

If only it were that simple mate…I mean that sincerely...

Well no actually they're not. Comparing stats of the two managers in the same season is relevant but comparing results this season to last season is irrelevant.

The managers had completely different fixtures to contend with. Comparing their results without considering who they came against is pointless.

Back