• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood -Your Manager! 18 month contract confirmed!

Let's put a different spin on it

We have replaced a coach (not a manager) with NO playing experience but roughly 4 years management experience

For a coach with roughly 20 years playing experience where he was captain of a side that won the league and he has been at the club for roughly 5 years in various senior roles

Who is best qualified really to coach a side in our current situation?

so is Sherwood a younger arry Redknapp????

there are certain similarities.....especially how he set us up on sunday.

For me very much so with two great differences

1) more knowledgable about the youth
2) braver and less concerned with what anyone thinks of him. His self-confidence/arrogance is eye-opening.

I am not for one moment suggesting Tim will be even a quarter as successful as Guardiola but what experience did he have before he took over Barca? He was managing their B side

What experience did he need? Team talk: Pass the ball to Messi

2) braver and less concerned with what anyone thinks of him. His self-confidence/arrogance is eye-opening.

He does have some serious confidence in himself doesn't he? :lol:

Let's see if there is any reason for that.

Yeah I would agree with that.......wonder if we will get any wind down window interviews???:)

A big positive for me is that Sherwood must have a very good relationship with Levy; I don't think we can say the same of any of our past managers.

Hoddle -- hired for the fans
Santini -- 'big name' for fans
Jol -- the real manager of Santini's time, appointed by director of football
Ramos -- did well in previous job, a gamble to take us further. didn't work out -- director of football's choice (Comoli)
Harry -- emergency manager, departure from the director of football structure. Turned out better than everyone expected.

None of them ever had a really good connection with Levy. But I can't imagine that Sherwood was Baldini's choice. Sherwood has been at the club for while, survived the Redknapp departure and impressed Levy enough that he's been given this opportunity.

For once, it feels like the club might move in unison. And that could be a very good thing.

Now we just have to wait and see how he does as boss!

Re: Sherwood Thread

The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Daniel Levy has just attempted the most outrageous hollywood shot you've ever seen.

Our squad still needs to wear name tags, they're so unfamiliar with each other. Stability is what we need.

Let's put a different spin on it

We have replaced a coach (not a manager) with NO playing experience but roughly 4 years management experience

For a coach with roughly 20 years playing experience where he was captain of a side that won the league and he has been at the club for roughly 5 years in various senior roles

Who is best qualified really to coach a side in our current situation?

Good post.

:eek:

Tim Sherwood has indicated that Etienne Capoue and Lewis Holtby are not in his Tottenham Hotspur first-team plans by allowing them to turn out for the club's Under-21 side in the middle of the busy festive period.

Sherwood has been named permanent manager at White Hart Lane after overseeing a 3-2 victory over Southampton this weekend, having previously been put in caretaker charge following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas.

Despite fellow midfielders Sandro and Paulinho being unavailable, Capoue and Holtby were unused substitutes at St Mary's Stadium, with Sherwood opting to hand 19-year-old rookie Nabil Bentaleb a Premier League debut when Moussa Dembele was forced off injured.

It also appears unlikely that either player will start in the Boxing Day clash with West Bromwich Albion, having featured for 45 minutes for Tottenham's youth team in a 2-2 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion Under-21s on Monday.

French international Capoue was one of Spurs's seven summer signings, having joined the Lillywhites in an £8.6m deal from Toulouse, and had impressed in his initial outings before being sidelined for two months with a knee injury.

Holtby was in and out of Villas-Boas's starting lineup, and has made 11 top-flight appearances this season, but has failed to establish himself in the Tottenham first XI since arriving in a £2.5m switch from Bundesliga outfit Schalke last January.

If Sherwood does well this season and doesn't get sh1t-canned, I think he might bring Livermore back into the fold at the expense of Capoue, and Carroll back at the expense of Holtby.

:eek:

Tim Sherwood has indicated that Etienne Capoue and Lewis Holtby are not in his Tottenham Hotspur first-team plans by allowing them to turn out for the club's Under-21 side in the middle of the busy festive period.

Sherwood has been named permanent manager at White Hart Lane after overseeing a 3-2 victory over Southampton this weekend, having previously been put in caretaker charge following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas.

Despite fellow midfielders Sandro and Paulinho being unavailable, Capoue and Holtby were unused substitutes at St Mary's Stadium, with Sherwood opting to hand 19-year-old rookie Nabil Bentaleb a Premier League debut when Moussa Dembele was forced off injured.

It also appears unlikely that either player will start in the Boxing Day clash with West Bromwich Albion, having featured for 45 minutes for Tottenham's youth team in a 2-2 draw with Brighton & Hove Albion Under-21s on Monday.

French international Capoue was one of Spurs's seven summer signings, having joined the Lillywhites in an £8.6m deal from Toulouse, and had impressed in his initial outings before being sidelined for two months with a knee injury.

Holtby was in and out of Villas-Boas's starting lineup, and has made 11 top-flight appearances this season, but has failed to establish himself in the Tottenham first XI since arriving in a £2.5m switch from Bundesliga outfit Schalke last January.

source??

Good. We have far too many players it's a joke. I don't care who he picks just as long as he makes a decision. If Holtby and Capoue are out, that brings more confidence to Lamela, Eriksen and Sandro, Dembeke, Paulinho.

Holtby he has probably seen a bit more of but he openly admitted that he'd barely seen Capoue this weekend.

Seriously hope not and it's bull****. Why would he sideline any-one from the get-go? Doesn't make sense, surely every-one should start with a clean sheet.

so is Sherwood a younger arry Redknapp????

there are certain similarities.....especially how he set us up on sunday.

I think that we need a few more games before we can judge that.

Back