• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

drowning.jpg

can't believe Kane is getting stick tonight, if Ade had put in half as much effort as him he might have had more than 1 shot on goal

To be fair Kane did no worse (apart from the loss of possession) so either one could've been subbed to try something different.

Don't think Naughton did much wrong tbh but should've gone with 5 in midfield with Townsend on at the expense of Kane, Eriksen moving in behind Ade and Bentaleb instead of Paulinho.

He wasn't awful, though they did target our left hand side a lot, especially in the first half; but he isn't good either, sometimes it's about wanting MORE from a player, not just picking on the players who make individual mistakes. I just think he offers nothing in attack, at best he's solid in defence with the occasional clanger; that's simply not close to good enough.

can't believe Kane is getting stick tonight, if Ade had put in half as much effort as him he might have had more than 1 shot on goal

I don't think h'e stetting stick is he, though he was at fault for the second goal. It's more he's simply not good enough, he's not a premiership quality player, the fact he was even there isn't his fault, it's Tim's, but I think people are just highlighting that rather than attacking Kane himself.

To be fair Kane did no worse (apart from the loss of possession) so either one could've been subbed to try something different.

I think he did a lot better, he kept the ball, found white shirts and hassled defenders, ade spent his evening not getting in front of defenders and falling over

Kane did more than Ade. He made a terrible mistake granted but bounced back well.

I'm not judging these players anymore. They are clearly lacking any direction. This is Levy's mess

This is true, either could've made way for a change in formation, 4-4-2 wasn't working with Paulinho in there I'm still confused to what he actually brings to the team.

why was Kane trying to do an awful Zidane impression outside our box that led to him losing the ball, Benfica player shooting, Lloris palming away for a corner, Benfica scoring from resulting corner???

I thought i explained why quite clearly, didn't just call you that and run away (like certain people do on here). I said it's mental you'd have kept kane on instead on instead of Ade, I agree Paulinho should't play in a 2, but you also have a massive agenda against him, have done for a long time. At least now you're not defending Tim? Is he making you furious yet?

You explained nothing. Well no that's wrong, you informed me that i was clueless whilst then proceeding to agree with me about invisibilinho and not making a change earlier (2 of my 3 points).

The team make me furious right now with the stupid individual errors and gutless performances (that has gone on the whole season). Sherwood is a goner come the summer...i don't get what your constant Tupac like rants are gonna do but hey...carry on by all means.

Ha ha - the AVB broadsheet journalists are all chipping in:

Jason Burt ‏@JBurtTelegraph
Get why it's important for Tim Sherwood to succeed at #THFC and really wanted him to walk the walk. But he's not a very good manager, is he?

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Do Tottenham not deserve better than a man who selects ludicrous tactics, blames his players, and rants about guts and character? #THFC

When you analyse today's game it's clear that there has been effect since TS's 'rant' and possibly TS's tenure in general:

- calmness on the ball has gone to pot;
- 'effort' is more obvious as is 'running about a bit'; no-one wants to be the one labelled a 'shirker' or 'not playing for the shirt'
- tO me this now leads to us now playing like dunderheads; running about a bit instead of making smart runs, using gthe ball intelligently, letting the ball do the work for you etc
- the few players we hbave that are showing for the ball are almist trying too hard
- Sandro's discipline and positional sense has gine to pot; he's as much a liability as anyone now
- Defensive solidity is now nil; Cardiff game confirmed it if anyone was paying attention
- Players have now gone from perhaps 'too rigid' under AVB to no plan or method now

There's no shame in losimg vs Benfica (they are a well-drilled and pacy side) but the manner was shocking. I don't mean individual mistakes either; when we did have gthe ball what was our plan or method?

AVB may not have been to to the liking of many, but we would have had a plan. What good AVB had done with this squad has now been TOTALLY destroted as far as i can see.

I REALLY fear the game on Sunday now. We are truly rufferless now, and we could easily finish 7th and outside the EL plaves, which would be a disaster for us.

Sherwood has signed his death warrant now due to his mouthy conduct and his lack of a strategy/gameplan

P.S. - Playing Kane in itself wasn't a problem for me tbh. I would rather have Soldado available vs Arsenal tbh. And those slating Ade? LOL; what service did he have??

Kane was far better than Ade today therefore he should have stayed on. I don't base subs on who's the superior player overall, i base them on how that specific match is going.

why was Kane trying to do an awful Zidane impression outside our box that led to him losing the ball, Benfica player shooting, Lloris palming away for a corner, Benfica scoring from resulting corner???

that was a bad mistake, that goal is mostly on him, although why lolris felt the need to palm the shot when it was clearly going over the bar I don't know and why the 7ft CB wasn't marked for the corner I can't answer either

in Kane's defense he's not a seasoned pro, I doubt he'll make the same mistake again

Ha ha - the AVB broadsheet journalists are all chipping in:

Jason Burt ‏@JBurtTelegraph
Get why it's important for Tim Sherwood to succeed at #THFC and really wanted him to walk the walk. But he's not a very good manager, is he?

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Do Tottenham not deserve better than a man who selects ludicrous tactics, blames his players, and rants about guts and character? #THFC

Castles was anti AVB, Burt was kind to AVB but definitely not a cheerleader

anyway both journos are spot on

that was a bad mistake, that goal is mostly on him, although why lolris felt the need to palm the shot when it was clearly going over the bar I don't know and why the 7ft CB wasn't marked for the corner I can't answer either

in Kane's defense he's not a seasoned pro, I doubt he'll make the same mistake again

he is a kid, i want him to do well, but this was not the game for him to be involved in. Benfica are top class, we were at home, we should have gone with our strongest side possible and players in their right positions.

I criticised Kane in the OMT, I thought up until his error he was ****. After that though he done pretty well.

I've stood up for TS in the past. The players still have to take some of the blame because they've been **** all season, but we were awful tonight and TS has to share the blame for that. Paulinho offers absolutely nothing, we know from past experience Naughton is not a left back, so why play him there? Soldado finally gets his goal then immediately finds himself back on the bench. We couldn't keep possession in midfield yet we didn't change anything to allow us to do so. We spent most of our time launching the ball up to Ade.

He's come out and criticised the players and has seemingly got absolutely no reaction from them. We didn't really fight tonight, we didn't press well, we allowed them to press us at every opportunity, our passing was sloppy, we didn't move the ball.

We are so so easy to play against, set up two banks of four, draw us in, then hit us on the break. Job done.

We did start OK I suppose and have a 5-10 minute period in 2nd half and Benfica do look an excellent side with players who are technically and tactically superior to ours.

But in all honestly, after coming out and saying what he said after the Chelsea game, TS has to shoulder some of the blame here.

Not looking forward to the NLD for probably the first time ever.

Back