• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

fair point, but what of the hammerings...if its not gutless its a weak mentality.

For years we have an inferiority complex about beating the bigger sides...unwanted records vs Man utd & Arsenal have been broken...but now we seem to be slipping back to our old ways when we have made so much progress over the last few years to try and change that.

Ok we have no divine right to win the league....or beat teams who pay higher wages than we do....but what we cant accept is the madness we have seen this season vs the cream of the league...We are not even competing due to players coasting or being weak mentally.

imo we were going well vs Chelsea and I agree with your unlucky assesment...doesnt excuse some of the players behaviours....people across the country are telling their youth teams NOT to defend like Tottenham Hotspur....Defeat I can take, utter humiliation is alot harder.... The players need to get it!
the worst examples of weak mentality ive seen at the club was when we would take the lead against teams but then be overhauled and collapse completely. Like the first 5-2 at the Emirates, going 2 up and then conceding 5. The 5-2 at Old Trafford, again going 2-0 up and conceding 5 on the spin. Going 3-0 up at home to Utd and conceding 5 in the second half. They were horrible results, hard to take such collapses from winning positions. Cruel on us fans imo and hard to stomach

Sherwoods either cracking under the strain or giving the squad the kick in the balls it needs.

everyone will percieve it differently.

I wonder if we could get people to give 5-10 players they want to ship out? we will all come out with different names.for the players to come in.....thats a hard one but if we could all in for one player I would probably say Loic Remy - could get us goals and we could afford him.

I think he is cracking under the pressure ...

If we get tonked tomorrow, TS won't be making any clear outs of the squad, he'll be packing his bags ..

Probably nothing. Just the realisation by TS that he really might have bitten off more than he can chew with the job and he's trying to deflect ALL blame for any poor results now onto the players so that he looks good when he has to apply for other jobs in thge summer

Up until that interview , I'd been thinking Sherwood has done so so , alright.

I weren't happy with his inactivity from the bench away to Hull and I felt we were poor away at a battling Norwich, largely due to starting with the same midfield bar Townsend, that played an away game a couple of days earlier some 1500 miles away in the Ukraine! Sherwood was poor in both these away games.

Against the Chavs - up until half-time, I felt he and the players were doing okay . It were an even contest with both teams set up in a similar shape , with the defenders and midfielders rarely up field supporting their isolated forward lines .
But just like the WHL game earlier in the season, Jose at half-time would change things up and connect his midfield to his forwards . At WHL he did this with Mata, whilst on Saturday it were Oscar. We didn't change and adapt to this and we got found out with two quick fire goals. In the last half hour we allowed our heads to drop and the players stopped running for each other . The Chavs then got a couple of more goals.

I agree with what he says but I don't agree with it being said publicly as doing so, reeks of the ‘not me guv’ school of thought.

I think you could be right and he's just deflecting any poor performances and results, away from his door.

I think he is cracking under the pressure ...

If we get tonked tomorrow, TS won't be making any clear outs of the squad, he'll be packing his bags ..

fair do's thats your opinion...I think the latter and I hope he's doing the right things behind the scenes.

In terms of Tim packing his trunk and trumping off to the circus......well the only thing that could put the cherry on top of our embarrasing season cake would be to fire two coaches in one season.

not really. I was one of the few who said at the beginning lets get behind TS after Levy was left with nowhere else to turn once he sacked AVB and had no decent replacement lined up to take over immediately. I backed TS and his boldness to go with a more attacking line up with Ade and Soldado up front, i for long have advocated two up top and any formation you like behind them. However time has gone one and its got to a stage now where im baffled as to what is happening with the team, the selections, the public rants. Id simply prefer no headline grabbing articles about mass changes, second chances, gutless players, dna of this and that. Id rather the focus be on the games we have left in the season and for the coaching team to really get it right on the training pitch and send out teams that are compact, organised, and attack with attractive football that entertains the fans.

Agreed . It's a ****ing joke .

Ian Holloway anyone ?

the worst examples of weak mentality ive seen at the club was when we would take the lead against teams but then be overhauled and collapse completely. Like the first 5-2 at the Emirates, going 2 up and then conceding 5. The 5-2 at Old Trafford, again going 2-0 up and conceding 5 on the spin. Going 3-0 up at home to Utd and conceding 5 in the second half. They were horrible results, hard to take such collapses from winning positions. Cruel on us fans imo and hard to stomach

Yep and it that weak mentality at the club that as been with us for years and I would love us to get rid of it.

you never know Tim could be the Bast**d we need to do that....heck he might even be Ned Stark's Bast**d!

He could get Freund to do them if he's not able to control himself. AVB use to let Freund do cup matches for his development

No he didnt. stop making **** up.
AVB had no interest in Freund and relegated him to a mascot role.

I think Tim is in a position where he is on show to get his next job and doesn't give a toss what anyone thinks. Whether or not he os going about it in the best way is yet to be seen, but he's behaving like a guy who wants the football world to know who he is regardless of what it does to Spurs.

If the players think Levy isn't backing Sherwood then Sherwood's words mean **** all to them.
The LVG talk/rumours have backfired on Levy undermining Sherwood.

Regardless of Sherwood's abilty Sherwood can do nothing with these players now unless Levy intervenes to support him.

Tim divides opinion like marmite (I like marmite btw)

If tims gonna bow out it wont be in a quiet way! he'll go out all guns blazing!!!

what a week for THFC...get the popcorn ready!

If the players think Levy isn't backing Sherwood then Sherwood's words mean **** all to them.

Regardless of Sherwood's abilty Sherwood can do nothing with these players now unless Levy intervenes to support him.

Agree with you Modric THFC, personally Im liking Sherwood more and more I like the fact he calls it how it is. To many players today are only it for the money.

I have just watched a little of Tim's press conference from today and he talks about he only wants players who care about this club. First time I have heard him speak about bringing players in during the summer so maybe all this LVG talk is premature

To compare our crop of misfits and ego's who blatantly have one foot out of the club already is futile. Wenger oversaw every single transfer in a club he's been building for over 15 years. They we're all pulling in the same direction and none were making noises about leaving if the club doesn't get CL. In fact, I think they were all coming out saying we can do it, we WILL do it.

I'm sick of this egg shells kid gloves crap with the players. Its mind boggling. They get paid millions to play football and can't even be bothered to put in 100% and keep their mouths shut for the fans, and employers who pay their wages. Fuuck em all.

Sherwood and dare I say a few others , would also be saying we can do it had, Sherwood's tactics come through on Saturday against Chelsea. We got undone early in the second half and in the last half hour our heads dropped which is unacceptable. He can say all that but to come out with, that he can trust some and others he can't , and today, to be talking about shipping players out , IMO is poor management whether he's been a manager for 16 years or for three months.

I agree.

A Standard article last week said that we haven't spoken to any other managers since Tim was given his 18 month contract. I assume that this information came from the club to try and kill the speculation but if that's the case, it hasn't worked.

Its only viewed as poor managment because 'he will lose the dressing room' 'the players will lose motivation'

those are the two cases for it being poor managment.

Its up to the players...personally if players react in a bad way to tims comments then they DONT have the bottle,guts,whatever you want to call it to play for our club...I want them gone.
Those players that are going to knuckle down and think 'fu** you tim ill show you! those are the players we want at the club!

Bottom line there has been to many hammerings...too many instances where we have waved the white flag.....its happened under two coaches.....something needs to be done!

The players have the rest of the season to ram Tims words back down his throat....or prove his assesments correct!!! This is the most crucial week of the season...if Tim is rogering a few ars**oles then thats fine with me.

I too agree with you. The board, (aka Levy) need to make a statement of intent to support the man that's managing their team, season, success and ultimately their business. You only have to take a look at the support Moyes gets. He has taken over a monster and has succeeded the most successful manager the games seen.

When the players hear this, they'll ramp up their game a bit.

Most people in the game speak very highly of Tim. He needs to get through this season, (whatever happens . . . happens) and have a break in the summer with his family then come back focused on a game plan and the players he needs to support that. And Levy needs to support him too

I too agree with you. The board, (aka Levy) need to make a statement of intent to support the man that's managing their team, season, success and ultimately their business. You only have to take a look at the support Moyes gets. He has taken over a monster and has succeeded the most successful manager the games seen.

When the players hear this, they'll ramp up their game a bit.

Most people in the game speak very highly of Tim. He needs to get through this season, (whatever happens . . . happens) and have a break in the summer with his family then come back focused on a game plan and the players he needs to support that. And Levy needs to support him too

I think all parties are pretty clear on the two scenarios which could occur. This is absolutely every bit as much about what's going to happen in the future with regards to players who are not going to be here versus our chairman's ability to self-evaluate who he is REALLY going to support in the long-term (a phrase which, to be fair, is not crisp off Daniel's lips)...

The one thing about Sherwood which has not ever been fully broached, is that he is a winner. He wants to win. Badly. He is ruthlessly ambitious and somewhat relentless in going for what he wants. He is a terrible loser, and as such, everything we're seeing now is a result of those instincts (however feral he might've been in the initial expression).

I have no idea what he would do long-term, and neither do any of us because he's been operating with one hand tied behind his back. With free reign? Who knows?

One thing I found laughable was Pleat c unting him on the Monday Night Club; Pleat, who after being a nearly man at this club off the back of another manager's squad, came back a few times to be a cloying custodian with the balls of a eunoch. At least Sherwood stands for something, and if he does not retain the job for whatever reasons, he's done a good 'outing' for the next one...

Sherwood knows what he is doing. He hasn't lost the plot. Its no different to the Fergie / Rogers envelop.

I'm quite excited by his clear and obvious determination. Fergie had that. Sherwood does too. Obviously there is a lot more besides to being a successful manager, but its a vital foundation. Many fans have been complaining about our lack of passion and bite for sometime, Sherwood will not put up with less than 100% commitment. That is clear.

Back