• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

It looks like he's from the Harry Redknapp school of tactics. Just put out different XIs and see if any of them work

Bit harsh with the injuries we have had.

Would be more interesting to see how we set up after a pre season but doubt tim will get that.

I would love to see more creativity on the pitch in the next two games...time to use Eriksen, Townsend....anyone know what Lamela is doing these days?

Would be more interesting to see how we set up after a pre season but doubt tim will get that.

I would love to see more creativity on the pitch in the next two games...time to use Eriksen, Townsend....anyone know what Lamela is doing these days?

My brother said he saw him last week breakdancing for change around Covent Garden

According to a couple of people on SC tempers flared in the dressing on Saturday.

That's interesting and relatively plausible. I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall during this exchange. Supafly.

Well it can go either one of two ways really, if true. Divide the dressing room or galvanise it. Never a dull moment, eh?

A massive barney was needed imo.

if true of course. we can only hope what needed to be said was said and that players resolve to be more positive from now on. Sunday really is our last chance for the league. 4th does seem like a pipe dream but we can all hope that if we somehow do manage a win...maybe just maybe it could push us on for a few more results.

I agree... theyre not ****ing children. They are adults. Stand up, take responsibility, act like ****in men. Or perhaps we should have provided them with pillows, hot water bottles and a cup of cocoa with marshmallows?

As for people saying what TS is doing, well he is trying different things. Dont compare him to AVB, TS has had three months in the job, AVB had six times as long. TS on the face of it may not have a plan, but im sure he does and its about changing things according to the opposition. AND YES it was working until the slip up. Just because you dont know what he is doing, doesnt mean he doesnt.

I agree... theyre not ****ing children. They are adults. Stand up, take responsibility, act like ****in men. Or perhaps we should have provided them with pillows, hot water bottles and a cup of cocoa with marshmallows?

As for people saying what TS is doing, well he is trying different things. Dont compare him to AVB, TS has had three months in the job, AVB had six times as long. TS on the face of it may not have a plan, but im sure he does and its about changing things according to the opposition. AND YES it was working until the slip up. Just because you dont know what he is doing, doesnt mean he doesnt.

This. Have we not always bemoaned the fact that our managers do not adapt tactics

ive heard that weve signed the wrong Lamela.....his brother Brian is where the talent is

A lad I know sent me this on email

One of the guys I work with here is reserve team manager at Thurrock…first team manager is ex spur (sort of) mark stimson…he was over at the training ground watching the 21s play WBA and obviously knows Sherwood so was chatting to him.

Sherwood admitted he didn’t cover himself in glory but he said the reason he was so over the top fuming was that when he got back in the changing room after the final whistle loads of the players were d1cking about and laughing and joking. That just about sums those jokers up really.

Don’t blame Sherwood at all. Apparently no-one at board level has spoken to him for 2 weeks. He is a dead man walking

Sherwood admitted he didn’t cover himself in glory but he said the reason he was so over the top fuming was that when he got back in the changing room after the final whistle loads of the players were d1cking about and laughing and joking. That just about sums those jokers up really.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Their body language at times, evening during wins for crying out loud, hasn't impressed me also their post match interviews after the 3-0, 6-0, 5-0 and 5-1 wasn't the sought of reactions you'd see from winners. I'm won't even bother to try explain the exact reaction you should expect from those with a winning mentality after such events but theirs certainly wasn't it, unbelievable at times.

Cheers for posting that Marky.

One of the guys I work with here is reserve team manager at Thurrock…first team manager is ex spur (sort of) mark stimson…he was over at the training ground watching the 21s play WBA and obviously knows Sherwood so was chatting to him.

Don’t blame Sherwood at all. Apparently no-one at board level has spoken to him for 2 weeks. He is a dead man walking

Interesting, but not really surprising. How many of our players would you want next to you in back to the wall situations?

They lack that all important ingredient to be winners. Attitude.

[tweet]443760221618724864[/tweet]

If I were him I wouldn't be making too many plans just yet. I'd rather get someone with a good track record and experience in to have a go than replace most of the squad.

Interesting, but not really surprising. How many of our players would you want next to you in back to the wall situations?

They lack that all important ingredient to be winners. Attitude.

But the attitude at our club is not one of winners, but of self righteousness. We do things the right way , the Tottenham Way. We don't cheat , fight opponents , push the officials , we don't do anything that may be interpreted as wanting to win at all cost. We're meant to be nice and when the opponent is nasty and mean towards us, we're not meant to fight fire with fire but we're to carry on playing the game in a gentlemanly manner just as it should be . If we lose the game , never mind , it does not matter , winning is not the be all end all, we just have to make sure that the fans are entertained as this is the most important aspect of the game.

What our great double winning captain said and all that bolllocks .

Last edited:

It hints that Sherwood thinks he will, but I highly doubt that's a common view among the directors at the club. We need someone who can get these players playing and there's nothing to indicate that Sherwood is that guy. My belief in Levy would take a massive knock if he actually trusts Sherwood with building a whole new squad.

It is like the scene in the movie moneyball and what you posted is believable.

It hints that Sherwood thinks he will, but I highly doubt that's a common view among the directors at the club. We need someone who can get these players playing and there's nothing to indicate that Sherwood is that guy. My belief in Levy would take a massive knock if he actually trusts Sherwood with building a whole new squad.

Or that he is going to be director of football, i hope if LVG is coming he is watching all our matches and is preparing himself. The club should write off this season and start implementing LVG's tactics and preferred style of play so we hit the ground running next season.

If I were him I wouldn't be making too many plans just yet. I'd rather get someone with a good track record and experience in to have a go than replace most of the squad.
he may be right in what he says, but he isnt going to be the boss in the summer :lol: He needs to get his head down and concentrate on the next game and so on.

I really wish the guy would just stop giving all these quotes to SkySports et al; it's like Harry all over again

Dear Tim,

We have two BIG BIG games in the next 4 games, could you just concentrate on coaching the team and preparing the squad and just STFU.

Ta

Back