• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

We have one of the strongest squads we've had in a very, very, long time. Although we're missing that attacking top class superstar we have several very promising young attacking players with potential to become truly special players.

The problem has been that despite this strong squad, we've struggled to put out a properly balanced team. Despite this we almost managed to keep up with our rivals for 4th. Now that our team on the pitch is starting to look stronger we have caught up. We still have a lot of unfulfilled potential in our squad and our team, this could make for a very entertaining second half of the season.

People have talked of missing that one oh so great, oh so vital chance to become a consistent top four team since lasagna-gate and before. New chances seem to be presented to us, all we have to do is take one.

Im actually quietly confident we'll have a strong finish to a season for a change - Sherwood may well turn out not to be the Messiah - but coming in to play for the final half of the season with a squad of players that apparently were somewhat playing below themselves previously (in an attacking sense at least) could mean that we'll finish well even if ultimately next season we get 'found out' - remember the great runs we went on when Jol initially took the reigns (and Redknapp) well now we may see that effect secure us Champions League football, opposed to taking us from relegation material to top 8 (as we're starting from a much better position)

regardless off that we have a good squad of players which needs minimal work, our key players are on long(ish) contracts so the ball is firmly in our court come the summer should anyone decide to kick up a fuss and with thenew tv revenue coming in to play this summer we should have enough money to buy without selling (will be the acid test on Levy Enic and their intentions maybe) - our Youth Academy is starting bare fruits and we have a manager in charge who will have a better idea than any which ones are ready for action next season.

After ploughing through all that lot, I am reverting to the pub.

When I get back I may skive off from the GG web site and do a bit of work...

:)

Do these stats show that TS and Spurs have been better as each of the six games has passed?

Ta. Interesting he says the pitches in England were wet and muddy, matches had to be called off and you had to knock it long as you couldn't play through all the mud. Maybe that is why countries with drier climates tend to be more technical.

It's probable at grass roots level at least

Then is it advisable to encourage more games to be played on five a side, indoor, pitches? Admittedly, the surface isn't the same as grass, but at least technical ability can be worked on. And when the weather is good, sure get the games going outside.

Maybe there can be super sized indoor pitches to allow full games. Would take some venue to be able to do that though!! Especially at grass roots level.

Not really, luck has more connotations than simply the effect of chaos/randomness on events. People are believed to be lucky people, items of clothing are considered lucky, etc. All of that is clearly nonsense. What I described is that in truly random string of events, at times there will be runs one way or another.

In the context of football though 'good luck' is just when the random events line up in your favour and 'bad luck' is when they don't

Regarding the pitch debate I think the weather=rain=mud=sloggers thing might be a red herring, might just be me, but think back to your formative football years, where did you first play, where did you hone your touch repeatedly for a couple of hours every day, rain or shine? I expect the answer to that for most people in the uk is, the school playground, flat Tarmac, the ball spinning and bouncing all over the place at pace, probably a cheap ball that was slightly too light as well, maybe even a tennis ball on occasion.

Regarding the pitch debate I think the weather=rain=mud=sloggers thing might be a red herring, might just be me, but think back to your formative football years, where did you first play, where did you hone your touch repeatedly for a couple of hours every day, rain or shine? I expect the answer to that for most people in the uk is, the school playground, flat Tarmac, the ball spinning and bouncing all over the place at pace, probably a cheap ball that was slightly too light as well, maybe even a tennis ball on occasion.

Yep! I probably spent every non-school or sleeping minute playing football with my mates in the street or down the park in the football "cage" from the ages of 8-16. Good times.

Back