• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This summer if we don't make CL...........

NDP > Modric/Bale

Calm down Ladies and Gentlemen, this club does not depend on the players, but the infrastructure that is yet to be built. In a long-term perspective the only way Tottenham Hotspur can be competitive is by building a new stadium.

No way; If Harry finishes in Top 4 then he should stay.

Look where we were before Harry came; Taking things for granted now.

Remember when we all took Jol and his 5th place finishes for granted, and then tried to get ahead of ourselves and get Ramos in. How did that turn out? If it wasn't for Redknapp we could have been in some serious brick, and be in the same sort of position that Villa are in now

Sell Modric to Chelsea for cash + Sturridge.
Sell Bale and VDV for a brick load of money to foreign teams.

Use part of that money to buy Dembele, Sessegnon and Hoilett.

------------------Sturridge---------------------

----Hoilett-------Sessegnon------------Lennon-

--------------Parker----Dembele---------------

Sorted! That's some serious pace and dribbling skills we'd have there, not to mention cash left over for a top centre-back!

Not even an option anymore

Only way to improve in the transfer market, imv since Levy appears reluctant to open his wallet and Arry would only buy dying cloggers on 4 month loans and massive wages

Bit of a miserable person aren't you?! Don't you think that Friedel, Gallas, Kaboul, Walker, Parker, Sandro and Adebayor have helped us to get where we currently are? i.e. 4th in the league?

I was referring to the older players he seems to enjoy so much - the ones who fail to improve our squad and cost us massive wages

Sorted! That's some serious pace and dribbling skills we'd have there, not to mention cash left over for a top centre-back!

my good fudging giddy GHod.

I'd be more worried that Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be able to attract better players than us if they get top 4, so I'd rather Chelsea got 4th if not us.

If Modric throws his toys out the pram again and wants a transfer, then either tell him he's going nowhere or sell him quickly and don't let it drag on thru the whole summer like Arsenal did with Fabregas.

Remember when we all took Jol and his 5th place finishes for granted, and then tried to get ahead of ourselves and get Ramos in. How did that turn out? If it wasn't for Redknapp we could have been in some serious brick, and be in the same sort of position that Villa are in now

Simple question - has Redknapp peaked?

He is only marginally ahead of Jol for achievement so far, and Jol wasnt good enough.

If Redknapp has peaked he has to go, there is more to come form this side - if Redknapp cant get it out someone else has to try.

If he hasnt peaked then great, keep him on, but I would expect to see significant improvement.

Don't worry, I was only joking... sort of.... :-"

Nayim - if Harry was 10 years younger would you keep him?

The thing which is against keeping him for me is that he is making the same tactical mistakes in the big games that he was making when he first took over. At 64 is he going to change now? Let's see how we go against Chelsea next Sunday...

Simple question - has Redknapp peaked?

He is only marginally ahead of Jol for achievement so far, and Jol wasnt good enough.

If Redknapp has peaked he has to go, there is more to come form this side - if Redknapp cant get it out someone else has to try.

If he hasnt peaked then great, keep him on, but I would expect to see significant improvement.

I wouldn't say marginally ahead of Jol, he's way ahead of Jol. Redknapp has improved our away form. We don't concede as many late goals. We've won at away grounds that we could have never dreamed of winning at before him. He's raised the profile of the club without question. He's trying to change the mentality at the club, which is bloody hard to do, and mould us into a team that isn't a soft touch or a pushover/whatever cliche you'd like to use. He's improved us in that respect too, he added Palacios, who was just what we needed at the time, plus he signed Parker even though Levy didn't want him and he's been one of our best players this season.

If he does stay beyond the summer, then I'd give him one more season with some proper funds not ?ú5m and see what he can do. If he doesn't get top 4 next season, then move on.

Nayim - if Harry was 10 years younger would you keep him?

The thing which is against keeping him for me is that he is making the same tactical mistakes in the big games that he was making when he first took over. At 64 is he going to change now? Let's see how we go against Chelsea next Sunday...

Age is irrelevant to me, though I take your point (and agree he isnt likely to change)

What it relevant to me is whether or not I see the signs of improvement. I dont with Harry, havent over the last couple of seasons and right now (possibly due to being really tinkled off) think he looks to have run out of ideas as well.

On that basis, for me, his time is up...

Not Jake.

Livermore signed a new two-year deal with Tottenham on 24 July 2009 and, on the same day, he scored his first goal for Spurs in a 1ÔÇô1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them."

8)

I wouldn't say marginally ahead of Jol, he's way ahead of Jol. Redknapp has improved our away form. We don't concede as many late goals. We've won at away grounds that we could have never dreamed of winning at before him. He's raised the profile of the club without question. He's trying to change the mentality at the club, which is bloody hard to do, and mould us into a team that isn't a soft touch or a pushover/whatever cliche you'd like to use. He's improved us in that respect too, he added Palacios, who was just what we needed at the time, plus he signed Parker even though Levy didn't want him and he's been one of our best players this season.

I dont disagree with that at all. He has improved much about the side.

He hasnt actually achieved much more though has he?

5th / 5th vs 4th / 5th. Despite having significantly better resources to use.

Maybe a new manager is what we need. Levy has not been shy in spending big money previous to Arry so a knew manager with a transfer kitty of 50 mill could take us to that next level if we manage to secure 4th. If not its a rebuilding process.

The issue I have right now (apart from some obvious squad weakness) is that this team, as it stands, should be capable of so much more.

Im convinced a more thorough manager, who would coach these players and instill a pattern of play could be much more successfull that Harry without spending anything.

We have the makings of a fabulous side, it just needs a couple of tweaks and a lot of organising

I dont disagree with that at all. He has improved much about the side.

He hasnt actually achieved much more though has he?

5th / 5th vs 4th / 5th. Despite having significantly better resources to use.

Jol had money to spend too. He spent ?ú10m on Berbatov, ?ú16m on Bent (whether he actually wanted him is another matter, but that's still resources that were used).

It's not just getting 4th that was a big achievement, but what he and the squad achieved in the CL, quarter finalists in our first season in the competition is a great achievement! Would we have come back from 4-0 to 4-3 at the San Siro under Jol? We'll never know of course but my opinion, we would have lost by more.

Levy has said the new stadium won't have any impact on transfer budgets, but it looks to me like it clearly is. It's either that, or he has known for a while that Redknapp is definitely leaving and would rather a new manager gets the money to spend instead.

If Redknapp does stay, then he needs to be given more funds.

Back