• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This Paolo Di Canio Business

If only fascists agreed with that when it came to other peoples political views

I'm perfectly fine with them believing their views are correct.

I assume you believe in democracy, you are currently guilty of the same thing no? What you are doing is saying that Fascism is wrong.

ah but we aren't talking about him making the salute really are we, we're talking about the fact he is admittedly a 'facist'

id expect that if he started doing the salute to Sunderland fans when entering the dugout he'd , quite rightly, get in to a bit of bother about it. but this is years a go now that he done this salute to the Lazio fans and i don't see the point in holding it against the man.

I'm not sure. I think that the facist/racist argument is a bit of a red herring.

I think that he is an idiot for making that salute to a set of fans well known for their far right and racist element. I think him doing that will be seen as him endorsing their views by some and I think that is dangerous.

I'm perfectly fine with them believing their views are correct.

I assume you believe in democracy, you are currently guilty of the same thing no? What you are doing is saying that Fascism is wrong.

I am saying that fascism is wrong, I think that it is a hate filled ideology. I wouldn't want to see it made illegal though and think that people should be free to their views unless they break the law.

I also think that businesses, and its customers and sponsors are free to question the views of people who hold senior positions within it and whether these are consistent with the values of the company.

Re: O/T Manager Sack Watch

I'm gonna guess that someone who picks a screen name of the one the greatest anti-heroes in the history of literature probably hasn't had kids yet.

Believe me, the questions never end, especially if you have a clever one.

"What happens if a car is driving along the road and all the wheels fall off?"

"What happens if the wheels then land in a field, hit a sheep and then land in a river?"

An hour later...

"What happens to the airplane that crashed into the spaceship who got distracted by seeing the tyres hit the sheep and land in the river and was worried the fishes might be hurt... would the Sun blow up then?
I have three kids.

Edit: But I get your point.

Last edited:
I am saying that fascism is wrong, I think that it is a hate filled ideology. I wouldn't want to see it made illegal though and think that people should be free to their views unless they break the law.

I also think that businesses, and its customers and sponsors are free to question the views of people who hold senior positions within it and whether these are consistent with the values of the company.

^^^ This, football and sport is promoted in such a way that any link to hate/persecution or just controversial ideology is something that could/should be questioned.

That's a fair enough way to look at it. People of all political persuasions break laws.

Not sure on the businesses front. Should businesses be political entities? As long as the person is qualified for the job i would be willing to take them on. Providing they are not breaking any laws.

This whole debate is so, so boring.

Even if some people did kick up a fuss about it while he was at Swindon, he still won the league and was on the same way to doing the same in League 1. All of that using unconventional managerial methods that we don't really see much of. THAT is interesting.

This is boring.

Not sure on the businesses front. Should businesses be political entities? As long as the person is qualified for the job i would be willing to take them on. Providing they are not breaking any laws.

There are plenty of businesses that have sacked staff for having political views that they consider to be incompatible with the job.

In Di Canio's case, I have only heard people calling for him to clarify his views. His and Sunderland's response to this has been to paint him as the victim which I think is a little silly. They must have known that this would come up, and from a media handling perspective, could have nipped it in the bud early by addressing the issue head on.

^^^ This, football and sport is promoted in such a way that any link to hate/persecution or just controversial ideology is something that could/should be questioned.

i only think it should be questioned if he was actively persecuting someone because of his political views otherwise just leave the bloke to his opinion.

if Sunderland believe he can keep them up then the relaxing of morals is totally understandable, yes they have a responsibility to their fans, but this is secondary to their responsibility to their staff and shareholders

i'm not saying thats right, but thats the way it is

There are plenty of businesses that have sacked staff for having political views that they consider to be incompatible with the job.

In Di Canio's case, I have only heard people calling for him to clarify his views. His and Sunderland's response to this has been to paint him as the victim which I think is a little silly. They must have known that this would come up, and from a media handling perspective, could have nipped it in the bud early by addressing the issue head on.

i think that is wrong on such a level that it actually disturbs me that people seem to let it go by without giving it a seconds thought.

unless we're talking MP or something :lol:

That is fair enough, i don't see a football manager as a position where it should be an issue.

More clarity from the club would have been a good move, there's always the possibility that the club didn't expect the media to try and sensationalise it as much as they have though.

i only think it should be questioned if he was actively persecuting someone because of his political views otherwise just leave the bloke to his opinion.

Bingo.

+1

i think that is wrong on such a level that it actually disturbs me that people seem to let it go by without giving it a seconds thought.

unless we're talking MP or something :lol:

I think that holding far right racist views would be incompatible with being a teacher

What if his actions encouraged others to persecute?

actions that don't persecute but inspire others to persecute ?

gonna need some examples there mate

is there any evidence of him doing that?

has Swindon turned into a hot bed of intolerance?

That comment was in reference to the teacher example.

Di Canio has made a fascist salute on two occasions to a group of fans well known for their far right and racist element.

Back