• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This happened yesterday.....

Genuinely gobsmacked.

If it's from a 14 year old, he needs to spoken to by either parents, teachers, club coach or at a push the police. Find out if it's just a stupid comment and make it clear in no uncertain terms why it's not acceptable. You are still learning at 14 how to be/not be a douche. Unfortunately social media magnifies that. I know I said and did some things at that age that if I met me now, I'd be gobsmacked in a different way.

If, of course, there is a pattern of behaviour - then it needs to be a police matter.
Social media is great. However it doesn't give kids (and he/she is a kid) the room to do the stupid things that kids do and that usually get sorted out within peer groups.

I looked at that grassroots site and my heart sank, when I was at primary school I wanted to be an train driver or a cowboy, wasn't forced to live out my dad failed dreams.
When I used to walk my dog over local park I despaired at the behaviour of parents screaming at kids playing games, I wish parents could understand the games about enjoyment for the kids not their egos.

Last edited:
Genuinely gobsmacked.

If it's from a 14 year old, he needs to spoken to by either parents, teachers, club coach or at a push the police. Find out if it's just a stupid comment and make it clear in no uncertain terms why it's not acceptable. You are still learning at 14 how to be/not be a douche. Unfortunately social media magnifies that. I know I said and did some things at that age that if I met me now, I'd be gobsmacked in a different way.

If, of course, there is a pattern of behaviour - then it needs to be a police matter.
Social media is great. However it doesn't give kids (and he/she is a kid) the room to do the stupid things that kids do and that usually get sorted out within peer groups.

Not intending to derail the discussion, but this will be (and probably is) a huge issue for many kids and young adults. When everything happens on camera or is documented online, you won’t be able to move on from your mistakes and embarrassments the way us earlier generations did. Instead they will always be out there, potentially accessible to anyone at any time.

I know I did and said a lot of things in my youth I'm happy to leave in the past, stuff I've learnt from and that have helped me become the person I am today. I don't think a constant fear of having my mistakes shared with the world would've been beneficial in my character building, TBH. You can only wonder what it does to the young generations of today - this is certainly a big worry in regards to my own kids. They will make mistakes, but I also hope they'll somehow be able to move on from them the way I did.

Not intending to derail the discussion, but this will be (and probably is) a huge issue for many kids and young adults. When everything happens on camera or is documented online, you won’t be able to move on from your mistakes and embarrassments the way us earlier generations did. Instead they will always be out there, potentially accessible to anyone at any time.

I know I did and said a lot of things in my youth I'm happy to leave in the past, stuff I've learnt from and that have helped me become the person I am today. I don't think a constant fear of having my mistakes shared with the world would've been beneficial in my character building, TBH. You can only wonder what it does to the young generations of today - this is certainly a big worry in regards to my own kids. They will make mistakes, but I also hope they'll somehow be able to move on from them the way I did.

It will be very interesting.
We do all have the Right to be Forgotten under the Data Protection Act - so there is a mechanism in place.
However millions of people doing that isn't realistic - although I guess in practice at the social media level it would just be deleting profiles and removing all trace.
But in reality in a generation well have the majority of adults that have grown up in the social media spotlight (MySpace even enforced a stalker on you!) and will manage it as a society because everyone will have things that look bad on a screenshot.

Back