• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha probably!

There's definitely a Spurs youth team in Geneva this weekend playing atleti Madrid, Ajax, basel, Porto, club America and a couple of the local sides. I'd assumed it was the u18's but maybe it is a younger age group? I can't find much details on it online, but the games are listed on the Geneva cup website.

We have so many teams playing in competitions this time of year, the NextGen comp is in the Netherlands, there are details on the OS. Couple of U18's playing for England in UEFA U17 tournament in Azerbaijan, matches on Eurosport

Before I retired I worked in the academys of several Prem and Championship clubs for over 20 odd years, and I can assure you that some would be amazed just how many players who looked the bees knees in their early teens but never made it as pro players. A lot more then signings of players who are/still plying their trade.

I understand you are interested more then most in "Yoof" but if you can take the time to read a piece that Paul Hart wrote about just how many top youngsters fall by the wayside after being picked up by pro clubs. If I can find it among my paperwork I will give you the link.

On the other hand as a young teenager I played with a young leftback who could really whack the ball, he wasn't one of the best players, all of us got ordinary jobs and he went on to score 5 goals in a match for England.

On the other hand as a young teenager I played with a young leftback who could really whack the ball, he wasn't one of the best players, all of us got ordinary jobs and he went on to score 5 goals in a match for England.

Of course they are a lot of late developers but they are a lot more " looks the bee's knees" younger players who fade away. I helped coach a kid when he was 12-15 who looked the best I and many others had seen at that age and made his debue against L'pool at 19, he is now back playing non league football.

Of course they are a lot of late developers but they are a lot more " looks the bee's knees" younger players who fade away. I helped coach a kid when he was 12-15 who looked the best I and many others had seen at that age and made his debue against L'pool at 19, he is now back playing non league football.

Unfortunately there's no real way of knowing where kids will end up, it reflex life, wasters at school end up millionaires and top boys as pen pushers!

Spurs win it 1-0, Miller with the goal. I only caught the last 10 but it looked scrappy, though that in part could've been down to the desperation of the Ajax players to get an equaliser. Pitch looked very slow and a bit bobbly in pitches.

Just seen the whole match and apart from the final 10-15 minutes we were the better side. Ajax didn't trouble us too much in the first half, although it's worth mentionning that Whiteman pulled off a save that could be shown amongst Lloris' saves this season.

Harrison was well marshalled by the two Ajax defenders and he did have trouble getting into the game, although it was his assist for the goal. The goal itself was I guess a counter, in that we started it from Stylianedes winning a header in the Ajax half following a poor kick from their keeper. The ball rolled to Harrison in the left channel and he was under little pressure when he squared the ball onto the penalty spot for Miller to score. There was a bit of fortune for the goal as the keeper saved it with one hand then looked to knock it in with his other.

So far as individual highlights go, Miller was again probably our best player. He's good at getting the ball on the half turn and has a decent turn of pace which see's him often accelerate past the first challenge and bearing down on their back line. Edwards and Goddard also had their moments. Edwards was fairly anonymous for most of the first half, but his contributions were always dangerous. His second half (which lasted around 9 minutes before being subbed) was more productive. I think the best thing to say is that he was always positive, always looking to create and often doing so.

The defence and deep midfield did ok. Maghoma won nearly everything in the air, but he does seem to like trying to hit the long ball down the channel, which was hardly ever profitable.

NB: One of our subs came on wearing #20. From the squad list I have seen, we don't have a #20 but I'm assuming it was Duncan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back