• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Jasper:

No doubt Holtby will soon be resolved once and for all and another, now his hands(levy) been forced some re-jigging needs to be done, and expected two signings, but see need for a striker urgently for reasons some know so lets see how he deals with his one. AVB will 'say the right things' does not mean that is what he believes ;)

The reason being "We friggin' need one!" or is they're supposed to be a deeper reason like AVB wants rid of Ade or something?

Scara, Milo, Steff, Crawley, Jordinho, whoever else is an Admin/Mod

Please ban the people, namely the last 6 posts or so, who are not using this thread correctly.

If that includes banning me as well, then live the dream - go for it.

But either stick to your own rules or let someone decent do the job.

And before you point out that I could easily PM you about this, I'm not sending out, 4, 5, 6 messages - you're all going to read this post.

Further to that, don't point out the rule which says we're not allowed to use the forum to critique the administration. You can't prioritize one rule (that one) above another (this thread's), and expect to be taken seriously.

I expect bans and/or infractions.

PM me with exact details of what you do, please.

Last edited:
I like the way you die boy...

django.gif

Scara, Milo, Steff, Crawley, Jordinho, whoever else is an Admin/Mod

Please ban the people, namely the last 6 posts or so, who are not using this thread correctly.

If that includes banning me as well, then live the dream - go for it.

But either stick to your own rules or let someone decent do the job.

And before you point out that I could easily PM you about this, I'm not sending out, 4, 5, 6 messages - you're all going to read this post.

Further to that, don't point out the rule which says we're not allowed to use the forum to critique the administration. You can't prioritize one rule (that one) above another (this thread's), and expect to be taken seriously.

I expect bans and/or infractions.

PM me with exact details of what you do, please.

Fine, but had you PM'd just one mod, do you think there may have been just a small chance that we MAY have posted it in our little admin forum and discussed it?
Like we are doing with your post anyway?

If you find the thread where we introduced the concept of this sub-forum a few weeks back, (it's still in here) you will see that we wanted to not waste too much time in here moderating things, and indeed we asked for this to be as much self-moderating as possible.............that means leaving it to the posters to keep control of their emotions. This follows accusations of over-moderating in SN & V.
Obviously, on this occasion, the standards have slipped a little.

However, I don't feel there is a massive problem going on anyway. A few sarcastic comments about a particular ITK post (which lets face it is pretty poor) is far better than some of the bashing we have been used to on here.

On the other side of things, as Jordinho so often points out, for those who are so "anti" ITK in any form, why bother entering this thread in the first place?
I get the feeling some of you just can't resist.

Fine, but had you PM'd just one mod, do you think there may have been just a small chance that we MAY have posted it in our little admin forum and discussed it?
Like we are doing with your post anyway?

If you find the thread where we introduced the concept of this sub-forum a few weeks back, (it's still in here) you will see that we wanted to not waste too much time in here moderating things, and indeed we asked for this to be as much self-moderating as possible.............that means leaving it to the posters to keep control of their emotions. This follows accusations of over-moderating in SN & V.
Obviously, on this occasion, the standards have slipped a little.

However, I don't feel there is a massive problem going on anyway. A few sarcastic comments about a particular ITK post (which lets face it is pretty poor) is far better than some of the bashing we have been used to on here.

On the other side of things, as Jordinho so often points out, for those who are so "anti" ITK in any form, why bother entering this thread in the first place?
I get the feeling some of you just can't resist.

Ofcourse he cant resist, I cant either.

As Jordinho stated when the thread was created, comments are allowed as long as it´s not abuse.

What is bothering me is the fact we have 3 threads on transfers. This one, the transfer discussion thread and the rumour update thread. Although 95% of things posted in all of these threads are pure BS, we fans like to read that and also comment on that. Why not merge these threads?

Date: 16th January 2013

ITK: NewMate

Player: Lots of Players

Probability: 6/10

WS is seen as a back up plan. :ross:

Mouts is completely down to him.
Villa also isn't ruled out.
We will have one of three strikers....

Keane WON'T play, but you know he wanted/wants too.

Other names being looked at.... Hold on.... Kenwyne Jones... I brick you not.

Walnut was due to sign contract tonight. BUT AFC matched Utd's offer only.

Butland has been sounded out, but wants number one spot.

There is NO truth in DL keeping money for the stadium. It just isn't so.
Holtby could be now, but we're not paying for him when he's free in the summer
Oh and LD is dead. Totally dead. The kid doesn't want to move.
And DL just isn't paying £20m for Willan when he was 12m

I think we'll see movement sooner rather than later, but striker, yeah can sense a deadline day move.

As Jordinho stated when the thread was created, comments are allowed as long as it´s not abuse.

What is bothering me is the fact we have 3 threads on transfers. This one, the transfer discussion thread and the rumour update thread. Although 95% of things posted in all of these threads are pure BS, we fans like to read that and also comment on that. Why not merge these threads?

Because the three different threads are for different things.

Saves trawling back through 10 pages in one thread, and makes it 2-3 pages in each thread, which is firstly much more manageable, and secondly the threads tend to stick to their topics more.

Do you remember the last transfer window?

One thread...........for everything, and a total train wreck with hundreds of complaints.

This time:
1) A read only transfer news thread for the posting of accepted stories with sources
2) A discussion thread for the above
3) An ITK thread, for the posting of, and discussion of, stuff that can be considered "ITK" for those posters who wish to partake.

I think the format works, as long as we all stick closely to the format.

The reason for this thread was so that those that didn't want to read ITK didn't have to. A lot of discussion now happens in the individual player threads instead, which is great for me as I find most of that stuff boring. Anyway, further discussions on these things should go in that thread we had earlier.

As for this thread, anyone posting generic bashing might see their posts start disappearing as they are pointless. We already know that some of you think ITK is bs and attention seeking, you do not need to keep telling us.

One thread...........for everything, and a total train wreck with hundreds of complaints.

Personally, I think (starting from August 31st, around 2:00pm onwards) that was the best thread since Manc's swan song

But, I much prefer this new system, granted

Personally, I think (starting from August 31st, around 2:00pm onwards) that was the best thread since Manc's swan song

But, I much prefer this new system, granted

Cool.

Shall we get it back on track now then? :lol:

Once again.

Post "ITK"
Read it.
Comment if you want.
Don't make post after post bashing it.
have a laugh at how ridiculous it may be, but remember those who come in to read it late in the day, (i.e. are not on here 24/7) and just want a quick and easy catch up.

In response to twitter rumours of Kenwyne Jones:

@Gards44

yeh I got told this also and put it on SC! Leandro to costly I'm told!

I'll go to Basingstoke! Disgraceful if that happens. Starting to question our ambition to improve or desire to remain marginally above average

I actually used to think that Kenwyne Jones was a pretty good striker. Then he couldn't even get into the Stoke team ahead of players like Walters and Fuller at times and I figured I must have been dead wrong.

He's looked decent this season, but I seriously doubt we'd go for him.

If we're going to sign a backup striker we could do a lot worse. There certainly won't be anyone in the £15-20 million bracket arriving.

Back