• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Gio is definitely the best signing of the window so far, but we still need a striker
It really was an excellent strategy to have a CL qualification based clause, then start the season so poorly qualification looked unlikely which then gave Levy the chance to lowball the original value Betis thought they would be getting!

It really was an excellent strategy to have a CL qualification based clause, then start the season so poorly qualification looked unlikely which then gave Levy the chance to lowball the original value Betis thought they would be getting!
You wouldn't put it past him:)

Ndombele probably has a clause that means the second installment is due when he clocks up 60 games......so we're trying to get him thru this season and next without having to pay it:D

Hopefully Mountain-Wine gets announced today, but with how long it takes to get our medicals done, I’m starting to think that the Kane-cover role isn’t going to be Piatek or Willian José. Piatek played last night, and neither are fees agreed or here for medicals.

All of which makes the cheaper and london based Giroud a more likely option now.... :confused:

Hopefully Mountain-Wine gets announced today, but with how long it takes to get our medicals done, I’m starting to think that the Kane-cover role isn’t going to be Piatek or Willian José. Piatek played last night, and neither are fees agreed or here for medicals.

All of which makes the cheaper and london based Giroud a more likely option now.... :confused:
You can do the medical after the deal with the deal being subject to a successful medical.

Yeah I was very much against Giroud purely due to the clubs he’s played for.

But he would be considerably better than signing nobody — can still do a job.

Thing with Giroud is, you need to completely forget who he's played for and focus solely on what he can do for us.

If the price is right and he can fit in with Mourinho's style then so be it.

I saw someone on Twitter saying if he isn't good enough for Chelsea then he shouldn't be good enough for us. Its not quite as cut and dried as that. With Kane we have a different remit for 2nd striker and Giroud fits it quite well.

Back