• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

We will not compete with Madrid/Barca and PSG and United
We can compete with everyone else though
Our transfer record fee isn’t far off city’s Dont forget
And big clubs don’t do bidding wars, desperate ones do.. hence why city dropped out of the deal for Maguire
You're in cloud cuckoo land. Our record fee isnt far off City's correct but they have multiple transfers in that range and will sign multiple players in a single window for said fees. This also doesn't take into account wages which are a much bigger differentiater and again one where we don't come close.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

But it's never that simple is it?

- Yes, we are probably not going to buy Mbappe but then neither is anyone else bar two or three clubs
- Somehow in a much worse position financially as well as less likely to win trophies we have managed to buy a lot of very good players in last 10-15 years.

A respected manager, a side that a top player will likely start in (very important distinction vs some of the people who could outbid us), great facilities, we aren't the ugly girl at the party anymore ..
The good players we have bought have been well scouted and usually under the radar, that I applaud, but that isn't Mourinho MO. He goes for the big names, the finished article those are the players we have never signed and still won't be able to sign.

The good players we have bought have been well scouted and usually under the radar, that I applaud, but that isn't Mourinho MO. He goes for the big names, the finished article those are the players we have never signed and still won't be able to sign.

We will see, Jose wanted Toby for United, not quite an unachievable target ..

We will see, Jose wanted Toby for United, not quite an unachievable target ..
Mourinho wanted Koulibaly but United wouldn't sanction the 80m needed for him so he was willing to settle for Toby.

If he is indeed our next manager I hope he is able to find more deals like the latter rather than the former.

You're in cloud cuckoo land. Our record fee isnt far off City's correct but they have multiple transfers in that range and will sign multiple players in a single window for said fees. This also doesn't take into account wages which are a much bigger differentiater and again one where we don't come close.

No I just get how big business finances work
We didn’t spend and we didn’t know our costs
Now we do we have already spent £150m ish this summer gone (unless there’s a clause in the Le Celso delta that gets us out of that). NDombeke is rumoured to be on £200k a week
Just because we didn’t do it, doesn’t mean we can’t and we won’t

No I just get how big business finances work
We didn’t spend and we didn’t know our costs
Now we do we have already spent £150m ish this summer gone (unless there’s a clause in the Le Celso delta that gets us out of that). NDombeke is rumoured to be on £200k a week
Just because we didn’t do it, doesn’t mean we can’t and we won’t
We have the 14th biggest wage bi in Europe, do you ready think we are going to suddenly shoot up into the top 5. It's not going to happen. I admire your optimism but it's foolhardy.

We will spend more than we have recently but every team is spending more than before simply due to transfee inflation post Neymar to PSG. It's all relative and our position has not changed, Levy's attitude has not changed.

He really doesn't. He actually mostly brought players of the Ndombele profile - really good in an inferior league (Essien, Drogba), functional players (Maniche, Kalou),

If he came in expecting to spend like Inter and Real, it clearly wouldn't work.
But he has talked about getting back to what he used to do - building.
Mourinho isn't actually great with existing superstars - but he is good at moulding good players into a superstar team (I mean team - all together for eachother)

We have the 14th biggest wage bi in Europe, do you ready think we are going to suddenly shoot up into the top 5. It's not going to happen. I admire your optimism but it's foolhardy.

We will spend more than we have recently but every team is spending more than before simply due to transfee inflation post Neymar to PSG. It's all relative and our position has not changed, Levy's attitude has not changed.

We don’t need to shoot up and your really judging old news
You see city’s figure today? Caught man United now
That’s even with the spending they have done

I used to shop at Tesco’s
I now earn 4 times as much money and I shop at Waitrose, a farmers and also ALDI
I go where I want as I have that much more cash to spend
That’s pretty much our position now

We don’t need to shoot up and your really judging old news
You see city’s figure today? Caught man United now
That’s even with the spending they have done
Spending doesn't effect revenue. You know this right, the headline figure is not a profit. We also know that City have artificially inflated sponsorship deals from same party ownership. How any of that related to Spurs I'm not really clear...

I used to shop at Tesco’s
I now earn 4 times as much money and I shop at Waitrose, a farmers and also ALDI
I go where I want as I have that much more cash to spend
That’s pretty much our position now
Goods at Tesco also now cost 4 times as much now...

In a position to buy the likes of Ndombele and Lo Celso
60m is the old 20m. It's not that shocking figure for Spurs to spend in the current window. 100m+ with the 350k per week wages to match on a single player would be a paradigm shift.

Hyperbole much?
Coutinho ACM 120m
VVD CB 75m
Keane CB 80m
Dembele WF 140m

Now compare that to a player like Rodri, super talented but much more under the radar, someone without much profile. He went for 60m

60m is roughly equivalent 20m-30m fee in 2012-2014 it isn't the same buying an Aguero for 40m in 2011. The values have changed, just like paying 100k a week is no big deal when top earners are on 600k a week. This is not hyperbole but the ever forward march of football finance.

Coutinho ACM 120m
VVD CB 75m
Keane CB 80m
Dembele WF 140m

Now compare that to a player like Rodri, super talented but much more under the radar, someone without much profile. He went for 60m

60m is roughly equivalent 20m-30m fee in 2012-2014 it isn't the same buying an Aguero for 40m in 2011. The values have changed, just like paying 100k a week is no big deal when top earners are on 600k a week. This is not hyperbole but the ever forward march of football finance.

You're using the top % of transfers and wages to make your point, which makes it flawed as no one is saying we are operating at the very top of the market.

You're using the top % of transfers and wages to make your point, which makes it flawed as no one is saying we are operating at the very top of the market.
Well then there isn't anything to discuss but you might have missed the reference to Mourinho earlier in the thread which is where the top end of the market discussion came into play. Jose buys at the top end, maybe will accept differently at Spurs that was the point I was making.

Back