• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

Because its where his family are?

Why not just take time out then? Why be at games all over the country, working for Sky etc?

I dont know, maybe you are right, but it seems odd to me he has rather deliberately kept a high profile in PL football if his intent is to go off to Spain.

He could very easily be doing exactly the same over there as he is here while still being based in London.

Why not just take time out then? Why be at games all over the country, working for Sky etc?

I dont know, maybe you are right, but it seems odd to me he has rather deliberately kept a high profile in PL football if his intent is to go off to Spain.

He could very easily be doing exactly the same over there as he is here while still being based in London.

I agree, he is angling for something in England.

I live in Madrid, he's never on the tv here .. bit odd if he really wanted the gig here not there ..

I agree, he is angling for something in England.

I live in Madrid, he's never on the tv here .. bit odd if he really wanted the gig here not there ..

In the UK there has been fairly constant reporting of him being in line for the Madrid job, since before the end of last season even.

Often citing Marca/AS etc. So I completely understand why someone on this end would assume that. I have/did for a good while until recently, where his PR offensive has me thinking he wants something here.

What is the view from Madrid on it all? Is there an expectation he'll go back?

In the UK there has been fairly constant reporting of him being in line for the Madrid job, since before the end of last season even.

Often citing Marca/AS etc. So I completely understand why someone on this end would assume that. I have/did for a good while until recently, where his PR offensive has me thinking he wants something here.

What is the view from Madrid on it all? Is there an expectation he'll go back?

Zidane is under a weird sort of pressure (guess the usual Madrid bs)
- The CL performances are bad
- In the league (something they have struggled with for a while) they are 1 point behind Barca after 10 games which in last few years is about as good as it has been

No one doubts if Madrid drop out CL or have a bad spell in league (with a real gap to Barca or Atleti) he'll go but there isn't any clamoring for Jose or imminent expectation (I do believe Perez likes him)

I personally think Madrid going back to him would be a desperation thing, i.e. if they were really in bad shape. Other than that, if they are planning more long term, I doubt his name tops the list.

I cannot see Jose going to Arsenal. I don't think there is another group of supporters in the land who hate Jose more than the Arsenal fans. All those years of him butting heads with Wenger etc.

Wasnt sure what to make of that one, but ultimately I think Ive settled on it being him keeping his name out there for when a job comes up.

I think he might well be tempted to take on Arsenal, but I dont think he would be especially interested. He has long standing animosity with them, and their fans would be even less accepting than ours of a more solid/defensive set up.

I did wonder if it might even be a back handed attempted to put pressure on Levy for the Spurs job, obviously a much more preferable option for him ;)

Also noticed last night Balage on his YouTube channel saying Mourinho was eyeing up Real Madrid again.

So yeah, to be honest I think its just him keeping his CV out there. He clearly has good ties with the media and uses them well...
Eh? For how long have you followed football?

Who knows, but he's running out of clubs. There's only really one club in Spain he can go to, whereas there's us and maybe arsenal before it looks like he is settling and can't get a top gig anymore.

Each week different positions take priority for me.

At the moment I see defensive midfielder and full backs as the priority.

You need to know how you want to play to know what you need to buy.

If we are trying to replicate the team of 3 years ago, we need two really top end FBs and a DM

I for one hope we realize there is more than one way to play the game.

Watching the games from the stands its obvious we need a sitting m/f player. We have not been as wide open there since the Mason/Bentaleb nightmares.

Watching the games from the stands its obvious we need a sitting m/f player. We have not been as wide open there since the Mason/Bentaleb nightmares.
They don't even have to 'sit'. They just need to have good defensive qualities on top of decent enough ability on the ball. IMO Sissoko is the best we have at the moment, but obviously falls down on the 'ability on the ball' bit. Incidently I don't think we were "wide open" against either Liverpool or Everton.

om the
They don't even have to 'sit'. They just need to have good defensive qualities on top of decent enough ability on the ball. IMO Sissoko is the best we have at the moment, but obviously falls down on the 'ability on the ball' bit. Incidently I don't think we were "wide open" against either Liverpool or Everton.

Just a phrase mate nothing more, we are in need of a player who can sit in front of the back four, read a game and position himself to cover any breaks. Our biggest weakness at the moment is that when we are attacked we are wide open to pick runners up so yes imo we are wide open and have been for a long time.

Back